[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree. Much of the later material 1966-1972 is quite good. I just cant believe the vast amount of material they recorded and I am sure we will get a few more with the UMC Digital release 1969 later this year and 1970-1972 if Harry and co. get approval for thise years.

Stunning when we hear all the things that were recorded and not released, but to put it all in perspective, recording went on at Motown virtually 24 hours a day, all in search of the PERFECT SONG to further an artist's career. Motown didn't believe in just releasing a so-so song and taking a chance. So with all that recording, where do you place all of it? You get roughly one album per year, 12 sides. In order to release EVERYTHING you'd have to pump out and flood the market with tons of 45s and albums to contain it all.