Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
He's been publically smeared for decades. The jury's tainted. He's been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. As with Bill Cosby, I want it to be tried in a court of law.

If it turns out that R. Kelly indeed engaged in sexual activity with an underage teenager on videotape, it's time for him to be locked up.

Here's the question: Many people refused to throw out the music of others because of their behaviors or convictions. There are people who can separate the music from the madness. Can you discard R. Kelly's music, as good as much of it is? It pained me to remove Bill Cosby's music and comedy albums from my collection. Now, I will have to face removing R. Kelly's music, too. This brings another question: If someone is convicted and sent to prison for a crime as disgusting as this, can you listen to that person's music again, knowing they are being punished? Bill Cosby has been steadfastly defiant in prison about his culpability. Can you go back and enjoy "Kindergarten" or "Driving In San Francisco" again?
I haven't listened to or purchased anything from R. Kelly since the late '90s, solely because of his alleged transgressions. I've gotten into intense debates [[borderline arguments) with people when I discuss him. As good as his stuff is, it isn't good enough for me to want to support him or lead anyone to believe that I do.

As far as throwing out music, I haven't really had to do a lot of it. Personally, it depends on the offense. The line for me is very subjective but also very clear. For example, I'm done with anything from Gladys Knight going into the future but I'll still play and enjoy the music I grew up with. Thanks to Jennifer Holliday and Tina Campbell of Mary Mary's endorsements of Trump, I'll never buy anything from them. And all of my Cosby product is on wax and easy enough to leave crated.