[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Don't forget that the powder for the explosion in L.A. was spread out when that Korean store owner was convicted of murdering a black man she thought was stealing but given no jail time by the judge. So in the rare occasion that someone was convicted, they STILL weren't punished for it. Rodney King was the spark that lit that powder. I remember listening to old NWA and Fishbone songs that told about how bad things were in LA. As bad as things were in Columbus, I couldn't relate to their experiences. Now, not only is LA in bad shape, the whole country has taken a step back to join it.

Sorry to get sidetracked. But video only helps if people do the right thing when they see it. And for those idiot jurors to watch that video in the previous trial and buy into the "it was doctored" excuse bugs the heck out of me. You don't have to be technologically savvy to ask yourself why somebody would bother to do something like that.
    Actually, the victim of the shop owner was a young girl, LaTasha Harlins, but your point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Actually, the victim of the shop owner was a young girl, LaTasha Harlins, but your point still stands.
    Thanks for the correction. 25 years was quite a long time ago and I don't have as many brain cells now as I had then. How sad that little has changed in 154 years, let alone in the past two decades.