[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    HONEY CONE - "It's Better To Have Loved And Lost"
    https://youtu.be/6uNv3zn1e-E?si=onzVT0tVgQSSNUhc

How about Tina Britt's "The Real Thing"? Always wondered how H-D-H felt about this song, which is a dance floor stomper to this day?

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Attachment 21061
    So would a lot of other people. And I'd offer to supply 300 dpi scans of the labels, and write the liner notes/for a gratis set!

Maybe I should run this idea past Ace/Kent? Or would gathering all the rights to the most obscure of them be too difficult, and cost more than they could get back in sales? :[[

I imagine that getting the rights for everything would be a bit of a nightmare but it would be a great and unique box set

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    How about Tina Britt's "The Real Thing"? Always wondered how H-D-H felt about this song, which is a dance floor stomper to this day?
    Love that record...it was featured in a 1980's "dance" movie that starred the folk singer Donovans son.I can not think of the name of the movie but it was real good.

I must be getting old, I dug out my 45 of "The Real Thing" the song was written by Ashford & Simpson along with Joshie Armstrong on Eastern Records which was a SUE Records subsiderairy. The movie in 1988 is called "The In Crowd" & was pretty good.

Dear lover-mary wells

"Shut up and kiss me" by Marianas Trench is in the vein of "I want you back" and "ABC"
    The ad-libs at the end "Don't sound like Mike did, no but it's alright for a white kid"