[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 5642
Size:  21.1 KB
    Here's one of J.J. Barnes' many Motowny cuts:

Funk Brothers, Joe Hunter and Mike Terry, among others play on this, Martha & Vandellas sing background, Love-Tones' Carl Jones wrote it
    Robb, This one stands out as a really great example of a non-Motown Motown-sounding song. Something tells me you actually own these original 45s. Am I correct in this assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Robb, This one stands out as a really great example of a non-Motown Motown-sounding song. Something tells me you actually own these original 45s. Am I correct in this assumption?
Views: 5419
    Yes, you are correct.
    Here's one by Kim Weston:

Views: 5419
    Yes, you are correct.
    Here's one by Kim Weston:
    I've seen you post here over the years and your collection of Motown/Soul/DooWop/ etc pieces must be the most extensive north of any library. I love such collections. They really do document the social history of this country.

I've seen you post here over the years and your collection of Motown/Soul/DooWop/ etc pieces must be the most extensive north of any library. I love such collections. They really do document the social history of this country.
    I've got four walls of just obscure Detroit and Chicago Soul 45s from 1959-70. But my entire collection is R&B, Blues, Jazz, Gospel and soul music from 1936-1972.
    You'll like this:

I've got four walls of just obscure Detroit and Chicago Soul 45s from 1959-70. But my entire collection is R&B, Blues, Jazz, Gospel and soul music from 1936-1972.
    You'll like this:
    I do! what year is this?

I do! what year is this?
Views: 1384
    1965. Motown's Dave Hamilton[[piano & guitar) and George McGregor[[drums) made this . Every record I put on this thread was made with ex-Motowners using current Motown
    musicians, recording in Detroit.
    You'll like this, too [[Motown L.A.):

To me, it's "My Man, A Sweet Man" by Millie Jackson. Sounds like it was recorded in the Snake Pit with the Funks and the Detroit Symphony string section.

Also her prior hit, "Ask Me What You Want" had a Motown feel with an intro similiar to You Keep Me Hangin' On

Make me yours, downtown.

Hazel Joy berry2nd and Terry jobete acronym for publishing. God writes all Melody. "He" [[the supremes Gospel) "alone decides who writes a Sym-pho-ny" at the bank however the royalties are portioned. Lol. Parables speaking. The Motown recipe was one ingredient: passion and that you can not teach or take the credit for. Magic was either there or poof?! Not a factor. Motown release vote meetings how so many lacking in the magic made it to the shelf for sale. When the hunter is captured by the game. Only at hitsville could it be a hit

My Man, A Sweet Man by Millie Jackson. Sounds like the Funk Bros on this one