[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ive had discussions on this with Patricia Washington and understand she has strong feelings. I just happen to disaagree with her, but like anyone else, is entitled to her opinion. After admitting that she did not watch the J-Lo performance but commenting on it as Katherine from The Marvelettes did only illustrates a very subjective opinion based on nothing but a photograph. I certainly appreciate her contribution to the Motown Sound, however, harking back 55 years to a different day and time when the ladies wore their skirts below the knee is much different than contemporary mores of today, and thankfully, she didn't have to witness Cardi b's performance and outfit...Times change...As for the question of who is invited...I have no idea what the criteria is...I know there are always limitations to these things. I was in charge of one Motown event and had to actually inform a certain member of a certain well known female group that I could not accomodate her for admission into a certain VIP area and felt bad about it in addition to other people I could not accommodate, but ultimately, just decided to accept the fact that in the end...to some folks, I would have to be the "bad guy...but I had my limitations. These things happen. I'm sure Motown will include those they can who they feel should be there, but there are always situations that most of us aren't aware of that influence other decisions...Once again...you can't please everyone...Do your show and move on...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 02-12-2019 at 10:34 PM.