[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    topdiva1 Guest
    Ms. Ross spoke of nothing remotely negative.

Do you think this was one of her reuirements to do the interview?

Do you feel she only wanted to be presented to us in a certain light?

Or has she just decided to fly above all the old past history and drama?

Ross has truly moved on.

Supeme Lady- this ones for you

Diana Ross on Oprah: Full Show [[video)

http://www.lovebscott.com/2011/02/25...ntire-episode/

I think she has moved on..the last decade has scared her..shes been thrown in a cell and fingerprinted for fisticuffs at an airport..her brother was brutally murdered and the killer got away with it..she did a Supremes tour that managed to sell out Madison Garden but lost money in other towns and finally lost financial backing and she was dumped just like that..from nowhere alcholism came into her life and she was locked up again this time in jail..she had no recording contract her ex husband who dumped her died...all thats gonna affect you..her children are her anchor..I cant imagine Oprah not wanting to ask questions about all this I mean its Oprah shes hardly known for her tact..I think Miss Ross requested not talk about all her pain and thats her perogative everybody has the right to privacy she was never seen as a loser in life Berry taught her to win at all costs I think shes baffled by the events and struggles shes faced eveything went so right for so long she has pretty much said she never thought she would face the demons that came along obviously performing for an audience is her main objective now and those kids they pulled her through all that pain which shows us that in life love is the only thing that lasts so in the end shes a winner as is often noted she must be a remarkable mother...

topdiva1 Guest
    ^^^^^^ so true - I found it interesting that even though Arnie dumb her for a young blond BEFORE they divorced - she called him the love of her life. All the while most people would have thought Berry Gordy was the love of her life.

One never reall knows - does one??????????

I only have one wish and that is that she would return the video. Before I sold AVON I worked for Blockbuster. Without getting sued that is all I can say.

Penny

The mistress's child sang on stage with Diana at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert.

Diana said on Oprah that she does not subvert herself totally to any man and Arne wanted a woman at home with him, beside him etc; that's fair; she didn't want to be with him enough to live in Europe a bunch of the time and just wanted to commute; he couldn't take that kind of relationship; so it broke up.

Looks like the Ross family has a lot of fun.

I cant believe the impact of this appearance. This is an old lady appearing and it's being treated like she is the Mother of God.

Thanks again Rob for getting us all the info up front. It was Awesome !!!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Diana said on Oprah that she does not subvert herself totally to any man and Arne wanted a woman at home with him, beside him etc; that's fair; she didn't want to be with him enough to live in Europe a bunch of the time and just wanted to commute; he couldn't take that kind of relationship; so it broke up.

I cant believe the impact of this appearance. This is an old lady appearing and it's being treated like she is the Mother of God.

No my dear - Your treating this appearance as such.

supreme_lady Guest
    Here is the Film that the Ross Family made that was shown on the Show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTDGhIE2Fg
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTDGhIE2Fg[/youtube]

Loved this as well, they really look as if they had a lot of fun making that home movie and you can tell that they do have so much love and respect for one another, can't get over just how great Diana still looks.
    Diana might have all her faults but one thing you can't call her is a bad mother and you could really see why Michael would have wanted her to be a second choice guardian for his kids.
    She has raised a great family, love them all, especially my boy Evan

miss_lish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    I think she has moved on..the last decade has scared her..shes been thrown in a cell and fingerprinted for fisticuffs at an airport..her brother was brutally murdered and the killer got away with it..she did a Supremes tour that managed to sell out Madison Garden but lost money in other towns and finally lost financial backing and she was dumped just like that..from nowhere alcholism came into her life and she was locked up again this time in jail..she had no recording contract her ex husband who dumped her died...all thats gonna affect you..her children are her anchor..I cant imagine Oprah not wanting to ask questions about all this I mean its Oprah shes hardly known for her tact..I think Miss Ross requested not talk about all her pain and thats her perogative everybody has the right to privacy she was never seen as a loser in life Berry taught her to win at all costs I think shes baffled by the events and struggles shes faced eveything went so right for so long she has pretty much said she never thought she would face the demons that came along obviously performing for an audience is her main objective now and those kids they pulled her through all that pain which shows us that in life love is the only thing that lasts so in the end shes a winner as is often noted she must be a remarkable mother...

Miss Ross had the characteristics of a Winner even before she Berry Gordy came into her life.

I have a question, everyone is bitching about this or that, what exactly should have Oprah asked Miss Ross? I know I'm gonna regret asking this.

And now a second question, that I won't resent asking: "Why do so many of you all seem to have so much emotion invested in the Supremes?

miss_lish Guest

LOLOLOLOLOL @ jobetrob. Some of these folks need to get a life divalish is thinkin'! I love me some Miss Ross now, butt dayuuuuuuuuuuum? WTF?!!

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL @ jobetrob. Some of these folks need to get a life divalish is thinkin'! I love me some Miss Ross now, butt dayuuuuuuuuuuum? WTF?!!
    I loved the interview as well but these folks have turned it into a "Let's Burn Oprah at the Stake" because she dared have Diana on !!!! Jezzzz

Go Figure !!!

miss_lish Guest
    LOL! Have you ever seen anything like it? If I was Miss Ross, I wouldn't do any interviews neither. LOLOLOLOL!!

I love the clips from the show! Can't wait for a proper viewing in the Netherlands [[we are almost half a year behind). Diana once promised us a book "Upside Down - The Road A Head" with all the details about the turmoil in her life.

But she decided to move from the negative and turn to the positive.

And it shows. After all the bad things that can happen in some ones life she now seems more confident, relaxed and happy. Even her voice sounds better.

That's possibly what a positive attitude can do to some one. Once the Andantes wrote very wise words in their book:

"You have to learn to move on when negative circumstances happen to you rather than lash out to the people who harm you. If you can not correct the wrong, then let it go."

Was Tony Turner and the Count in the audience? I can't remember if that question has been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Was Tony Turner and the Count in the audience? I can't remember if that question has been answered.
    Tony Turner was nowhere near the Oprah show Penny. topdiva made it all up for her own self importance and personal gain but got caught out in her deceitful lie.

Who is the count Penny?

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Can't you read or remember - this was a ROUSE. Thanks Jonc!!!!

topdiva1 Guest

Impact on WHO?? It was just another old star of yesteryear doing an interview - nothing earth shaking or any thing to take the day off about.

And to bring in your "....treated like she is the mother of GOD', quote - is way beyound the pale. Are you really that foolish and silly over the mere interview of Diana Ross - a former Supreme at best these days.

Give me a break - this is on the level of you "Jesus Guys", comment. How disgusting!!!!!

supreme_lady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by supreme_lady View Post
    That is great supreme_lady. Even though a few people here and on other boards say vile, cruel things about Miss Ross and Miss Winfrey, it's nice to know millions of the general public tuned in and enjoyed the show.

supreme_lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    That is great supreme_lady. Even though a few people here and on other boards say vile, cruel things about Miss Ross and Miss Winfrey, it's nice to know millions of the general public tuned in and enjoyed the show.
    Thanks, it's nice to see that many people still appreciate the legend that is Ms Diana Ross and most of the comments & tweets I have read on Diana appearance on Oprah has been pretty positive and glowing, way to go Ms Ross.

It Was Among the season's best....a major hit

After she missed the 2006, the show's 20th anniversary year, deadline decided in 2002; in 2004, Oprah finalized 2011 following a successful year in 2003. However, with the ratings gradually slipping down the slippery slope, by 2009 Oprah affirmed her decision to go on ahead with the final season.

The Oprah Winfrey Show's final season took off on on September 13, 2010. Oprah opened the season premiere with John Travolta. And the show that has been number one in the talk show ratings since its debut has not failed to its well-earned reputation so far.

From the treats for the fans to the most explosive guests - the final season of the show has performed beyond just living up to the already high expectations from the show.

With Friday's episode of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' with Diana Ross turning into a major hit, here's a recall of all the best guests of the final season:

Start

Read more: http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/11658...#ixzz1G1bc3ENO

Diana Ross and other explosive guests on Oprah final season [PHOTOS]Article 0 0 Buzz up! Rate this Story 0 0 By IBTimes Staff Reporter
    February 26, 2011 11:38 AM GMT 1 of 5 Next
    [[Photo: REUTERS )

Diana Ross
    Among one of the best episodes in the final season aired on February 25, 2011, when Oprah not only managed to get Diana Ross to make her first television appearance in four years but also got her give an unforgettable performance of 'Ain’t No Mountain High Enough'.

“I have to really keep myself from going into the ugly cry. Because of how much this legend, this woman means to me and my life. … I’m going to try to keep it together," Oprah said.

Although Oprah did work out the magic that she is famous for and let Diana Ross open up, the highlight of the episode was when Diana's children, Rhonda Ross Kendrick, "Girlfriends" actress Tracee Ellis Ross, Chudney Ross, Ross Arne Naess and the '90210' star Evan Ross joined the 66-year-old musician on stage.

Read more: http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/11658...#ixzz1G1cHU2ky

supreme_lady Guest
    Thanks for posting this, here's another article on Diana's appearance on Oprah.

Diana Ross - A Comeback with Class

http://www.pamil-visions.net/diana-ross/223040/