I'm sure this has been addressed on the board before, but it warrants a new mention

What happened with the Andantes?

A lot of the session singers of the day went on to become stars in their own right. Their Motown cohorts the Originals and Spinners stood on their own with releases eventually. Even the Blackberries got studio time, even though their album wasn't released. The Blossoms[[one of my absolute favs) and the Sweet Inspirations [[to name a few) branched out as well. It's odd that such beautiful voices would not be allowed to shine in their own right. Which brings up another point. Why was Ann Bogan utilized on both sides of the one single that bore their name? I'm sure Louvain would have loved to give her take on it.

Were the ladies not interested in performing live on a regular basis? I understand that a few of them were married with children, but a lot of the female singers like Merry Clayton and Cissy Houston were too. I don't think age was an issue after all Mable John was in the Raelettes.

Do you suspect things have been different if Emily Phillips had stayed with Marlene and Jackie? In all interviews I've read it seems that they [[Marlene and Jackie) were ready to throw in the towel after she left.

I would love if Louvain would chime in, as I know no one here truly has the answers but it's something that I have been pondering a lot lately.

Motown did have an abundance of female groups but why not one more?

Where is their vaulted material? Did they ever do scratch vocals for other artists that may be on tape? I just find it odd that we are getting releases by some of the most obscure artists but nothing on our ladies. It's all very mysterious to me.