Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
A few words on the Super Bowl performance from Gladys Husband...…

Let it be clear Gladys isdoing the National anthem at the Super Bowl. And we are doing it not goingagainst Colin .Kaepernick, he’s protesting two subjects police violence andinjustice in the courts both we stand with. Gladys has walked through morebackdoors performed in the Jim Crow South marched with Martin Luther King andprotested apartheid. She did this so others who came after her could walkthrough the front door after her and others kicked it down. We’re doing the national anthem so that we canget rid of the lie that this is what Collin has been protesting against, alsoto let the country know that our black young men do not come from SOBs but theyare born of queens like Aretha and an empresses like my wife. We have manyblack men heroes that have died for this country and love this country evenwhen his country didn’t love them. So we sing the national anthem for a countrythat we have died and fought for. We are united against any injustice but I’masking you to not let anyone including the president. Take your mind off theprice
Atlanta your daughter is coming home and this timethey’re opening the door for her.
Any questions!?
Child... if she didn't wanna go after Colin, why mention his name? Why make it about him? Instead of saying "I'm doing it because I love the NFL" and move on. For her to acknowledge what Colin, Marshawn Lynch [[another one who does his own protest and actually SITS DOWN during the anthem lol) and others are trying to accomplish and to rub it in, so to speak, doesn't sit well with me. Or rather than not say anything, just sit there and eat her food and enjoy the free promotion. For her making it more political than it already is and choosing to be a centrist about it instead of saying "I'm there for you, Mr. Kaepernick" just shows where she is. She USED to be an uplifting black woman and to see her do this is freaking sad. That's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.