[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    On the flip side, they could have asked Mariah:

https://youtu.be/Lpvuj9pTTO4
    Theyt could have asked Anita Baker. At least she is from Detroit!

Once again...J-Lo is doing the Grammy telecast Motown tribute [[not the Motown 60th Special), one segment of many on the show. The Motown special being taped the following Tuesday for broadcast sometime in April is not what J-Lo is associated with... I really don't get the big deal about J-Lo participating and she'll likely do a good job with it...Having worked with NARAS for an entire year, I can tell you that they do things their way, which is why that spoiled donut licking Ariana Grande wasn't going to get away with telling NARAS how SHE wanted her segment done... They plan their show taking many things into consideration and once they decide to scrap a segment or an artist isn't cooperating, they move on...too much to do in putting their show together than to deal with the egos of an assortment of artists... As for the Motown show and who's not going to be included...Obviously, many old favorites of longtime Motown fans are no longer able to perform up to a level for a nationally broadcast televised event. I assume Berry, Smokey, Diana, and perhaps Stevie were consulted as to how the show would be structured. It would be nice for Mary Wilson to participate, however, memories linger for decades, and although I can't say for sure that she is not included in this show, I assume they didn't want to risk the kind of situation that occurred on stage between Mary and Diana during the introduction of Berry on the Motown 25 special that got quite ugly...That's just my take...not looking to start a debate on this...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 02-09-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Once again...J-Lo is doing the Grammy telecast Motown tribute [[not the Motown 60th Special), one segment of many on the show. The Motown special being taped the following Tuesday for broadcast sometime in April is not what J-Lo is associated with... I really don't get the big deal about J-Lo participating and she'll likely do a good job with it...Having worked with NARAS for an entire year, I can tell you that they do things their way, which is why that spoiled donut licking Ariana Grande wasn't going to get away with telling NARAS how SHE wanted her segment done... They plan their show taking many things into consideration and once they decide to scrap a segment or an artist isn't cooperating, they move on...too much to do in putting their show together than to deal with the egos of an assortment of artists... As for the Motown show and who's not going to be included...Obviously, many old favorites of longtime Motown fans are no longer able to perform up to a level for a nationally broadcast televised event. I assume Berry, Smokey, Diana, and perhaps Stevie were consulted as to how the show would be structured. It would be nice for Mary Wilson to participate, however, memories linger for decades, and although I can't say for sure that she is not included in this show, I assume they didn't want to risk the kind of situation that occurred on stage between Mary and Diana during the introduction of Berry on the Motown 25 special that got quite ugly...That's just my take...not looking to start a debate on this...
    Could've still picked Anita Baker or even if they wanted to relate to the youth, Janelle Monae or even Beyonce, whose parents grew up listening to Motown [[Solange, her sister, released a Motown-esque song, "I Decided", years ago). When's the last time the youth ever listened to J-Lo?

[Katt Williams voice]Don't worry, I'll wait.