Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
Anybody who listens to "Thinking Out Loud" knows it cribs the hell out of "Let's Get It On". Even with changes in chord structure. For the record, I like both songs.

But you never know how these things will turn out. If Tom Petty beat Sam Smith over "Stay With Me" sounding like "I Won't Back Down" and Phil Spector beat George Harrison over "He's So Fine" and "My Sweet Lord" [[both of which I thought were generous jury verdicts), I can see the Gayes winning this.

I'm still wondering how Chris Stapleton absolutely stole the music for his "Tennessee Whiskey" cover from Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind" without attribution to Billy Foster & Ellington Jordan. Surprised that hasn't been in court yet.
It may someday come to court. These guys need to stop stealing and come up with their own stuff! How stupid is it to steal from extremely well known classic material and think you'll get away with it. I don't find people that do this talented or honest at all! They make all the money can off of someone else creation and give no credit to the originator whatsoever!