[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: What Musicals

What Musicals

What musicals would you have liked your favorite Supremes tackle? I wish Ms. Ross had done a Godspell album. Day by Day, All Good Gifts, We Can Build a Beautiful City, etc. beam of Supreme magic IMO. The whole Godspell soundtrack seems so like something she would have recorded. I'm surprised she never did a project on it back then.

I can hear Diana doing the Godspell tracks. I don’t know if she could have handled all of them, but definitely highlights like “Day By Day,” “Light Of The World,” and “Beautiful City.”

Had the Funny Girl album been a success and Gordy wanted a follow up musical album, I thought the Supremes doing the score from Promises, Promises would have been excellent. Imagine the Supremes doing the new hit Bacharach & David musical.

I’m rather surprised Motown didn’t release a full Pippin album. Maybe they learned from mistake of doing the Funny Girl album that the public may not buy it.

I wish The Supremes had recorded an album of Hair tracks in 1969!

SIDE A
    1.Aquarius
    2.Black Boys
    3.Manchester England
    4.Ain't Got No
    5.I Got Life
    6.Hair

SIDE B
    1.Easy To Be Hard
    2.Frank Mills
    3.Where Do I Go
    4.Good Morning Starshine
    5.Let The Sunshine In [[The Flesh Failures)

How about a tribute to Dreamgirls the musical?

The original trio doing "My Fair Lady".

I always could hear them doing "On the Street Where You Live" in unison and then breaking out into harmony on the chorus.

Diana hamming it up on "Get Me to the Church On Time". Flo leading on a Motown-flavored "I Could Have Danced All Night". Maybe give Mary "Wouldnt It Be Loverly".

Motown The Musical