[REMOVE ADS]

Missing You Live - November 9 2018

Stunning performance from Diana.

Inexplicable how this bombed in the UK [[missed the top 75 by 1 place) despite it being a major hit in the US and EMI-Capitol doing its best to break it which was unusual in itself as they seemed to be following RCA's lead in America and not promoting Diana.

They didn't push Chain Reaction at all and it took off like an express train!

Beautiful. I'm especially loving that this was only 10 days ago. I attended a Tribute to Joni Mitchell on her 75th birthday, November 7 at the LA Music Center. She was helped onstage after the finale. For health reasons she didn't speak but she blew out the candles on a birthday cake. It was a joyous tribute but there wore more than a few tears and saddened hearts in the audience that night. We were solemn and quiet as we exited the concert hall. Diana Ross will be 75 next year! She is still so vibrant and singing beautifully.
    [[Another note, Joan Baez [[77) gave what may be her last LA concert on Nov. 10 at UCLA.)
    I feel like driving to Las Vegas. We must adore and appreciate our musical inspirations.
    Last edited by lucky2012; 11-19-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Great performance by a truly great vocalist. An American treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    Beautiful. I'm especially loving that this was only 10 days ago. I attended a Tribute to Joni Mitchell on her 75th birthday, November 7 at the LA Music Center. She was helped onstage after the finale. For health reasons she didn't speak but she blew out the candles on a birthday cake. It was a joyous tribute but there wore more than a few tears and saddened hearts in the audience that night. We were solemn and quiet as we exited the concert hall. Diana Ross will be 75 next year! She is still so vibrant and singing beautifully.
    [[Another note, Joan Baez [[77) gave what may be her last LA concert on Nov. 10 at UCLA.)
    I feel like driving to Las Vegas. We must adore and appreciate our musical inspirations.
    I read a bit about the tribute to Joni but did not know of her appearance. Sad to hear of her ill health, indeed. Baez had such a demand at her NYC farewell shows that another has been added in the spring. I agree with you completely; our beloved entertainers must be appreciated while still here. I'm still saddened to think that I will never get to hear Aretha live again, nor [[probably) Tina. But time moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I read a bit about the tribute to Joni but did not know of her appearance. Sad to hear of her ill health, indeed. Baez had such a demand at her NYC farewell shows that another has been added in the spring. I agree with you completely; our beloved entertainers must be appreciated while still here. I'm still saddened to think that I will never get to hear Aretha live again, nor [[probably) Tina. But time moves on.
    Good to know about the added NYC Joan Baez appearance. If she doesn't have any nearby concerts, I may have to fly to New York in the spring.
    I never got to experience Aretha or Tina in concert. I hope to someday see Gladys Knight and Martha Reeves live.
    Last edited by lucky2012; 11-22-2018 at 11:41 AM.