Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
Yeah, "Home" doesn't start off bad, it's just when the song cranks up that her voice starts going all over the place. Not a good look for Ross. Those notes are no longer in her range, which of course is a loss because when she could sing in that range she always tore it up, but her lower register has always been strong and an under utilized part of her artistry and it's still glorious at this point so with the songs that have her reaching, she should start tailoring them to the current capabilities of her voice. I love her lower range, always have. But you're right, she aint doing half bad at this point. There was a point after 2003 that I would've sworn her voice was completely shot, but over the last couple years she's come back. I'm glad about it.
I totally agree. Diana's lower register is still rather good which is why she sounds better then ever when singing "Dont Explain" I think the big belting endings on songs such as "Home" and "Amazing Grace" need to be softened with perhaps a lot more help from the backing singers on the final dramatic notes. Having said that this version of "Home" IMO is head and shoulders above the Hollywood Bowl version which sadly i thought Diana really struggled with.
Without wishing to sound parrot like, i think she is still good for 74 though.