Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  21.1 KB
Does anyone here know what Detroit male singing group back up Tommy Frontera on his Rem and Hi-Lite songs? I have a photo of him singing with a group, that was posted on You-Tube together with his song "After Tonight", which was a minor hit on REM Records [[a subsidiary of Hi-Lite Records).
Here it is:
Name:  Tommy Frontera & Group?.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  10.8 KB
Do any of you recognise any of them? Tommy is front right. I assume that two of them might possibly be named Pat Meehan and Dominic Chiaravelli [[two writers listed for his REM songs). Or, those writers could have been members of The Seminoles, as they also appear on Seminoles and Tommy Frontera records on Hi-Lite Records. REM was a subsidiary of Hi-Lite Records.

But, I rather think that Pat Meehan, who produced The Four Gents on Oncore Records, may have been one of the producers [[and possibly a co-owner) of Hi-Lite Records. So, he was probably not a member of the group in the photo.

IF Frontera [[AKA Tom Shad?) didn't appear with his OWN group, maybe they were The Seminoles? The Calveys? The Imperials?