[REMOVE ADS]

"Queen" Diana Ross [[Nile Rodgers)

Ah, I love Nile Rodgers. What a guy. Didn't even realise what he had been through these last couple of years. And to come out with a great new album as well.

I think Queen is probably the worst cut on the album - but I like all the rest. There were rumours initially that Diana would be doing vocals for one song - this one? - but it doesn't seem to have happened [[though part two of the project is due next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    I think Queen is probably the worst cut on the album - but I like all the rest. There were rumours initially that Diana would be doing vocals for one song - this one? - but it doesn't seem to have happened [[though part two of the project is due next year).
    He asked her to do the vocals for this track. I am glad she turned it down because it is a mediocre song.

I agree that our beloved Diana did herself right by not singing the song. Aspects of the lyric are quite lovely but the melody is whatever and my takeaway is that it's one of those songs that kinda just starts ok[[ish...), goes nowhere, and seems to NEVER end.

On a different thread on this subject I wrote "Song sounds like something Tom Bell and Linda Creed would have written on a bad day".

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Totally agree LST, all the other cuts are great. I dunno but "Queen" doesn't seem to work very well and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the album. Not sure even Diana could have made it any better. I'd love to hear Diana on any of the other cuts though or any future Nile songs.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Totally agree LST, all the other cuts are great. I dunno but "Queen" doesn't seem to work very well and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the album. Not sure even Diana could have made it any better. I'd love to hear Diana on any of the other cuts though or any future Nile songs.
    Ok, gave the song another listen after slagging it off, it's OK. Still can't really hear Elton or Emeli, they just seem to be singing over each other, not really together.

well it's the thought that counts; it's about to be 2019, none of our faves are going to competing with Ariana Grande and Post Malone, Halsie or fabulous Gaga, so enjoy it for what it is, none of our faves are going to be topping the charts [[except the dance chart once in a while)so quit acting like life itself depends on all this.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    well it's the thought that counts; it's about to be 2019, none of our faves are going to competing with Ariana Grande and Post Malone, Halsie or fabulous Gaga, so enjoy it for what it is, none of our faves are going to be topping the charts [[except the dance chart once in a while)so quit acting like life itself depends on all this.. lol
    Ironically la Gaga does a wonderful reading of 'I Want Your Love' on this project -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    He asked her to do the vocals for this track. I am glad she turned it down because it is a mediocre song.
    Yeah - not one of Nile's best - even when he and Nard provided mediocre lyrics, the groove was enough. Shame

GAGA rocks but I still love the original. Queen does nothing for me, maybe a remix is in order.