[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Wonder if Paulie will have anything that "fell off the truck."

R&B......go drink more hooch & have yourself another one sided conversation!!
    HEY MOE I TRY BUT THAT DARNED[VOICE]KEEPS ANSWERING ME..[Jai that's not nice,I'm only trying to help]I DON'T NEED HELP ALL I NEED IS ANOTHER SHOT OF THIS WONDERFUL ELIXUR,SEE WHAT I MEAN SOME VOICES DON'T MIND THEIR OWN BISWACKS[Jai behave]NEVER!!!

I was about to post that it was Paulie 3 Shoes, not 2! lol Always bragging about the need for the "toid" shoe.

Thanks for posting that link to the old thread Juice. That's one I hadn't read before and it was really funny, as were many others over the years. That one was just before I joined the forum. Put me down on the list if you ever get around to digging them all out and putting something together. That would be a real treat.

Dyva - one of my favorite threads on this site was the one where you and Wicked battled it out over your cooking skills. That was laugh out loud funny!

Oldies

Oldies:

Thank you for stopping through, but the thanks for the link goes to Roger who found it & reading it made me smile. I had forgotten about that one

And now...An 'A-HA' moment, as you & Moe reminded me how 'Malletcatraz' came to be!

When Dyva created the 'SDFAnonymous' thread, as it grew & they were speaking about 'KABONGGING' me, I thought of them placing me in jail, where I'd be confined in solitary. Shortly before that, we had Jai's 'Lost Discussion' thread, where R&B was somehow locked into his own separate thread by himself. That, was priceless & one of the funniest things that I had seen here.

Thinking about that, gave me the idea to act in that thread as if I was locked away, only to communicate with myself like Jai had been.

Soooooo...we have both Dyva & Jai to thank for how the idea began & everyone else who participated in making that thread what it was.

Though more serious-minded people will surely disagree, I though that that was one of the funniest things that I've seen ANYWHERE on the internet & I'll always regret not being able to see exactly where that thread would've ended up, nor how it was eventually going to be resolved.

That thread had a lot of imagination & with everyone adding their own spin to things, I never knew exactly where that thread was going to go from day-to-day.

I see it as a comedic classic & I'll never forget the part when I had Dyva & gang torturing me by playing Helen Reddy songs!

Oops, my mistake! Thanks going out to Roger. I missed so many of those great old threads by just a few months, wish I had been here then. I did find some things in the archives and saved them, but now I can't find them on this new computer. I have a feeling some things didn't get transferred as they were supposed to. I missed Jai's Lost Discussion thread too! Who cares if those who are more serious minded don't appreciate the fun in life. I'm very serious minded, but I do have a sense of humor that has gotten me through some real hell lately. Nothing wrong with laughing like a silly fool!

Oldies

Oldies:

Sadly, there were a lot of things lost during a forum crash. Some of those I was able to save...others I wasn't.

I also think back then that there were some very interesting, yet controversial threads, which were simply wished away into the cornfield.

The beauty of the forum back then, which many folks couldn't understand is that we had a great deal of balance. We discussed serious matters more than we joked around. But I recall quite clearly, that some of our senior members [[i.e., those whom were here from the beginning), didn't much cotton to our sense of humor because it made the forum look 'bad'.

But the truth which seemed to escape many is the fact that you can only discuss the same things over & over a few times before you just start to repeat the same things ad-infinitum. There are only so many older records to discuss, only so many older artists to discuss & eventually, you have to have other discussions & something to break things up a bit, if only so that things don't become stale.

I could say more about my impressions about all of this, but I believe a simple perusal of the archives will say more than I'd prefer to about this.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    oldies:

Sadly, there were a lot of things lost during a forum crash. Some of those i was able to save...others i wasn't.

I also think back then that there were some very interesting, yet controversial threads, which were simply wished away into the cornfield.

The beauty of the forum back then, which many folks couldn't understand is that we had a great deal of balance. We discussed serious matters more than we joked around. But i recall quite clearly, that some of our senior members [[i.e., those whom were here from the beginning), didn't much cotton to our sense of humor because it made the forum look 'bad'.

But the truth which seemed to escape many is the fact that you can only discuss the same things over & over a few times before you just start to repeat the same things ad-infinitum. There are only so many older records to discuss, only so many older artists to discuss & eventually, you have to have other discussions & something to break things up a bit, if only so that things don't become stale.

I could say more about my impressions about all of this, but i believe a simple perusal of the archives will say more than i'd prefer to about this.
    juice,you should run for public office because you have the gift of expressing things,everything you say here is correct the one and only reason that the[lost discussion thread]even came about is because i was actually lost and trying to get back but i'm glad that folks enjoyed it i find that there is much more serious stuff here now than back in the day but as for me i'm gonna get a laugh when i can...sdf forever!!

R&B

Thank you!

I have to say that while I wish that I could take credit for that 'Malletcatraz' thread, I can't.

Dyva started that whole ball rolling with the 'SDFAnonymous' thread. The 'Malletcatraz' thread really took it's life from Dyva, Moe, Ralph & others talking about 'KABONNGGGING' people & when folks like DollarBill, 1Wicked & Wonder B began adding their ideas, THAT is when that thread took off.

With that said, I have to say that NONE of what followed afterward in that thread, would have happened had it not been for your 'Lost Discussion' thread. I would've never come up with a thread that clever on my own. The best music & comedy often happens when those involved are playing off of one another. One comes up with an idea, others add to it & the next thing you know, you have something truly special. And that's exactly what usually happened back then with the funny threads that we had.

But if you never knew it before, I can honestly say that had it not been for your thread, 'Malletcatraz' wouldn't have become what it was, as I modeled my 'plight' after you being isolated in the 'Lost Discussion' thread.

For that, I really have to thank you for the inspiration, as your thread was a big part of the creation of a thread which remains special to many of us, nearly 6 years after its creation.

Here's the link to the thread that started it all, Dyva's "Soulful Detroit Anonymous" thread...

http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/6...tml?1085127019

For all that transpired afterward, it's amazing to think that her thread was created because so many of us were hooked on SDF. We checked into SDF when we got up in the morning, when we were at work, as soon as we got home & stayed on damn near all night long.

Here's the link to R&B's 'LostDiscussion' thread, which came shortly after we had made the transition to the 'NEW' forum back in April 2004...

http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/1...tml?1083580084

The original "Malletcatraz" thread was named "Diary of A Mad Juice In Malletacraz!!!!!" & was created on Thursday, June 17, 2004, 8:07 pm & in the opening sentence, my reference to R&B's 'Lost Order Discussion' thread can be found...

"DAY 1, 8:06 P.M.: I am Juiceicus. Upon my arrival at Malletacraz, I was immediately sent to Solitary Confinement. I was not allowed to post, or to respond to threads. As I write this by match light, they are playing a radio program which is intended to "correct my thinking"..."

In the prior post, I said that it had been nearly 6 years since "Malletcatraz". The time has gone by so swiftly, that I didn't realize that in a few short months, it will actually be SEVEN YEARS since Malletcatraz.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-22-2011 at 01:22 AM.

And one of the classic "Errggh" threads...

http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/1...tml?1084292797

Unfortunately, it appears as the links to the original "Errggh" threads were casualties of the forum crash

Juice,
    You have come to the rescue once more!!!!! Gosh, those threads were the best!!!!
    R&B.....I STILL LMAO at your "Lost Discussion." Funny part is that, at the time, how many people really knew what happened to you?
    Some very clever people on the "Errggh" thread!

Moe:

Long ago, I got into the habit of saving threads. Mostly because they had information about artists & songs, some because of pictures & others because they were funny like "Errggh" & "Malletcatraz"

Fortunately, I managed to captured most of what we did before the deletions began, as well as some things that were going to be posted until I went to post them & learned that there had been a problem over "bandwidth" concerns, but really due to the fact that our comedic sensibilities were "beneath" the forum.

Considering how bandwidth was an issue, I would consult with Ralph to see whether it's reasonable to reproduce that thread in the clubhouse.

Not as an attempt to pick up where we left off. But simply so that the participants, as well as those who did enjoy that thread can enjoy it again & so those who haven't the slightest clue of what we're speaking of can see it & judge it for themselves.

Naturally, as many people are no longer here & considering what followed nearly 2 years later, I would respect them enough to clip their names & any mention of their names from it & create pseudonyms, because I sure wouldn't eliminate what they posted. That just wouldn't make sense & would render some of the responses, just plain ridiculous. So basically, I'd have to blow the whole thing up, restructure & reconstruct that thread & present it, minus the comments about deletions & the like.

If Ralph says that it's a go, then I'll do it in an entirely different thread.

Should that prove to be the case, if there's anyone here who participated in that thread that would prefer that their names on their entries be altered, please let me know.

Go for it, Juice..................

But I'm wondering if we need to be vaccinated first..........

ARE YOU KIDDING, RALPH? Not for all the tea in China!!!!!
    Too much fun to be vaccinated!!!

Sorry, Moe. Right you are.

Ralph:

Vaccination won't be necessary, but based on how these folks dealt with mallets & all of that, perhaps a few tetanus shots might be in order!

I have just had the strangest experience. As I hadn't joined the forum yet, I decided to explore the the links in this thread. Several days passed while I was doing this, yet when I returned here, only half-an-hour had elapsed. I intend having a longer look, but I fear that when I do this, I may never be heard of again. If necessary, please organize a search party for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I have just had the strangest experience. As I hadn't joined the forum yet, I decided to explore the the links in this thread. Several days passed while I was doing this, yet when I returned here, only half-an-hour had elapsed. I intend having a longer look, but I fear that when I do this, I may never be heard of again. If necessary, please organize a search party for me.
    Hey 144man ..

Next time that happens could you come back with next weeks winning lottery numbers?

Roger

Believe me you don't wanna get lost in that place...a closet you can come out of not that place!!!