[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    The reason "Wonder Why" didn't end up on Ross 78 is because, in the words of my grandparents, that would've been too much like right. Almost everything on the album shouldn't have been on the album, and everything that should've been on the album was left on the shelf. Ross 78 was doomed.
    There were some great songs on the album. Never say i don't love you and To love again are as good a ballad as she ever recorded whilst You were the one could have been a huge single. It was just a lazy ill thought out project that was put together by someone who did not have their finger on the pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    There were some great songs on the album. Never say i don't love you and To love again are as good a ballad as she ever recorded whilst You were the one could have been a huge single. It was just a lazy ill thought out project that was put together by someone who did not have their finger on the pulse.
    There were some great songs on the album. They just shouldn't have all been on the same album. That was the problem. Personally the only song on the album that I absolutely don't like is "Lovin, Livin and Givin". I'd rather listen to Theme From Mahogany on loop for hours straight than to sit through one play of "LLG". But other than that, the other cuts are good [[most of them) to great [["You Were the One"). The album doesn't have a cohesive sound. There's disco [["Lovin, Livin and Givin" and "What You Gave Me"), r&b [["You Were the One", "Never Say I Don't Love You", "Reach Out"), country [["Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right"), pop. That's too much going on for a non greatest hits album.

Obviously for my taste, the album should've been built around "You Were the One" [[an obvious hit single...Diana's career was being run by idiots at this point), "Never Say" and "What You Gave Me", a mix of r&b and disco. Whenever Ross 78 expanded sees the light of day, it'll be interesting to see what- other than some of the Holland tracks we've gotten over the years and "Summertime Livin"- could've made the album.

Including previously released tracks on Ross 78 was just lazy and uninspired.