[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Yes generally we order a beer, or lager. Most people now drink lager.
    Beer[[ Bitter, Mild), which people of my generation [[ in rovers say) is not as popular with younger folk.
    However, what is termed "Real Ale" beer is very popular as a ' specialized' form of drinking.
    Breweries , small in size, specialize in strong and varied flavours...a bit of a cult in some form.

A 'brew' would be mainly tea....people of my generation offer anybody who comes to visit a 'brew'.
    A 'brew' is universally used to solve all manner of problems..e.g. "My husband has run off with her next door"..." Oh poor luv..have a brew [[ or cuppa...cup of tea).
    Also , workmen love to knock off and have a brew....very regularly.
    Martha Reeves is a now a regular drinker of Guinness Stout. I love Bass Ale and many Canadian beers.

We, in America need to replace drinking so much bottled water with drinking more tea......period!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Martha Reeves is a now a regular drinker of Guinness Stout. I love Bass Ale and many Canadian beers.

We, in America need to replace drinking so much bottled water with drinking more tea......period!
    You know what W.C. Fields said.." Don't drink water, fish make love in it"

You know what W.C. Fields said.." Don't drink water, fish make love in it"
    Ugh, in a way that's gross if you take what he said literally. LOL!!!!

We have a lot of older buildings, but cities such as Leeds and Liverpool are great too.
    Manchester was bombed quite heavily in the second world war, so lots of good buildings were lost.
    However, a monstrous shopping arcade [[ mall) was built in the 70s and that destroyed a lot of great buildings....the outer building looked like the biggest toilet wall in the world.
    Ironically , the IRA bombing did us a favour, and the part of Manchester is a lot better now.

We have a lot of older buildings, but cities such as Leeds and Liverpool are great too.
    Manchester was bombed quite heavily in the second world war, so lots of good buildings were lost.
    However, a monstrous shopping arcade [[ mall) was built in the 70s and that destroyed a lot of great buildings....the outer building looked like the biggest toilet wall in the world.
    Ironically , the IRA bombing did us a favour, and the part of Manchester is a lot better now.
    There are certain cities in the U.S. that retain their old, historical buildings such as Boston and many in NYC. They just build next to or around them. Cities in the Midwest, tears everything down over 40-50 years old it seems.