Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
I don't understand what you are saying about the sound quality as it seems to be fine on iTunes? Please explain.
Bought it from ITunes too. There's no problem with Apple's presentation of the song, it's the mix itself. The first thing is the bass, it's too HOT and literally overpowers the track. The drums are audible only when there's a pause in the vocal performance and need to be turned up louder. There should be a better balance of those two. The piano is back too far and the vocals and orchestration are too loud,up too high. Another factor is the lack of treble,which was to me is what made Motown mixes so great. The clarity is always there unless the mix is just poor overall. Here it sounds like someone has what engineers call " A blanket over the music".

I'm not trying to be a butt plug, but as an audiophile I'm very critical when it comes to mixing and mastering. As a music lover nothing frustrates me more than listening to classic music remastered sub par or just plain bad. I'm grateful to have the tune, but a better balance could've been achieved unless it's something I don't know about the audio source. My honest evaluation.