[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know I'm leap frogging here but 1969 will be interesting with the amount of unreleased J5 tracks in the vaults.... but i dont think motown will miss a trick here.... im sure they'll bring out a seperate compilation for the 50th anniversary of I want you back.

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    I know I'm leap frogging here but 1969 will be interesting with the amount of unreleased J5 tracks in the vaults.... but i dont think motown will miss a trick here.... im sure they'll bring out a seperate compilation for the 50th anniversary of I want you back.
    I agree! I feel like it will be a separate release. Maybe THE BOBBY TAYLOR SESSIONS or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by jaorecords View Post
    I agree! I feel like it will be a separate release. Maybe THE BOBBY TAYLOR SESSIONS or something like that?

I assume you knowabout The Bobby Taylor Motown Anthology? Both albums and many unissued tracks on a double CD.
    Last edited by snakepit; 12-04-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I assume you knowabout The Bobby Taylor Motown Anthology? Both albums and many unissued tracks on a double CD.
    I think jao was probably referring to any Bobby Taylor produced Jackson 5 material

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    im sure they'll bring out a seperate compilation for the 50th anniversary of I want you back.
    Good luck with that. Universal failed with Motown 50 and tons of other landmark anniversaries. Look at this year alone... 50th anniversaries of TCB, Love Child, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Cloud Nine, etc and we saw nothing out of it. Next year is Motown 60 and I bet it will come and go without anyone noticing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Good luck with that. Universal failed with Motown 50 and tons of other landmark anniversaries. Look at this year alone... 50th anniversaries of TCB, Love Child, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Cloud Nine, etc and we saw nothing out of it. Next year is Motown 60 and I bet it will come and go without anyone noticing it.
    All good points, except the J5 are really something else entirely. As legendary as the Supremes, Tempts and Marvin are, Michael Jackson eclipses them all and Universal might see dollar signs in capitalizing off of the J5 50th than they have done with other golden anniversaries. One thing is almost a sure bet: Motown 60 will probably come and go without any Universal fanfare.