[REMOVE ADS]

Tracee's star is shining bright. I admire Tracee as a force in her own right. I'd admire her even if she wasn't Diana's child. So proud of all Diana's children.
    Last edited by lucky2012; 10-12-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Love Tracee. She was great last night on the AMA. Such a natural.

Tracee is a jewel! So funny, so talented. I still love watching the 'Handsy Man' routine. Her comic timing is perfect!

I love Black-ish. Tracee and Jennifer Lewis and Anthony Anderson are so darned funny and the kids are also great.

I wonder if there was some contractual agreement that Diana would appear last year in exchange for her daughter hosting the show for x-number of years. Tracee is a very odd choice for hosting music award show, and those clothes she wore were this year were hideous.

Tracee has some of the “it” factor that Diana once had and she brings them high ratings

Tracee has hosting experience- BET awards etc. She is also a golden globe award winner for the role she plays in one of the best comedies on TV. Her show is on the ABC network, which is the network that broadcast the American Music Awards. That is the connection, and why she hosted 2 years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Tracee has some of the “it” factor that Diana once had and she brings them high ratings
    29 per cent total viewership plunge from last year , and that show had the all time worst ratings. Little media buzz this year without Mom.
    Anyone given a lifetime achievement award?? Aretha's tribute , haven't heard how good it was or wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    29 per cent total viewership plunge from last year , and that show had the all time worst ratings. Little media buzz this year without Mom.
    Anyone given a lifetime achievement award?? Aretha's tribute , haven't heard how good it was or wasn't.
    To be honest, I pay very little attention to this show nowadays. Most of the artists I like no longer appear and I'm not really up on most of the new acts. So I was waiting for the Aretha tribute, which was done at the very end. I thought it was very good, particularly Ledisi and Mary Mary. And it was a clever touch to focus on her AMAZING GRACE album as opposed to the usual hits.

There was no lifetime achievement award this year.

Tracee has hosted BET's Black Girls Rock several times; her opening of the 2016 one, where she does impersonations of several great singers, including her own mother, is just perfect. Unfortunately Viacom [[BET's owner) does not allow it on YouTube, but there is a [[low-quality) version on Facebook. Love the way she does The Boss [[and the reaction of Gladys Knight is wonderful too).

https://www.facebook.com/next99.1fm/...5391305807081/
    Last edited by Jaap; 10-20-2018 at 11:53 AM.