[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree that The Marvelettes [[aka The Pink Album) is a great LP. A couple of questions I have are;

How come the stereo version of the LP featured the edited version of "The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game" [[and why is there no stereo mix of "This Night Was Made For Love"). Also [[as another poster said) I feel that the cover was "slapped together" with Katherine's picture larger than the other Marvelettes [[IMHO both Sophisticated Soul & In Full Bloom had better front covers).

As the first Marvelettes album to focus on their new mature sound [[not to mention their first LP of new songs since 1963), it's certainly a landmark in their career [[and since it's the last one to feature Gladys Horton makes it a bittersweet one for me).
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 09-28-2018 at 11:56 AM.