[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    wasn't this the first new LP released in 4 years? The hits LP contained the singles...I loved the singles thru to Forever....and then there were a few really corny ones [[He's A Good Guy, My Daddy)...Too Many Fish and I'll Keep On Holding On seemed to get them back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    wasn't this the first new LP released in 4 years? The hits LP contained the singles...I loved the singles thru to Forever....and then there were a few really corny ones [[He's A Good Guy, My Daddy)...Too Many Fish and I'll Keep On Holding On seemed to get them back on track.
    It seems to me, with those singles you mentioned, "He's A good Guy", "My Daddy Knows Best", Motown was trying to capitalize on that teeny bopper sound that gained them their audience initially. All those record companies did that. Whatever worked in the first place, mine it until you milked the sound for every last mile you could get.

Fortunately, Motown had the writers and producers who could blow away the competition when it came to creating hits and The Marvelettes had the goods to rebound from their mid 60's slump and finally get to their grown-up phase of music.