Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
LOL, I like the Aretha humble in her own way. Maybe "only when it served her well".

Gladys Knight isn't acknowledged as much as other or as much as she thinks she should be; her concerts are doing significantly less well as the years progress.

I don't know why these people cannot be very happy over the success they had and let it go.

I think it has more to do with their upbringing and stuff that was foisted on them by their parents and their homelife and it leads them to display their unhappiness regularly.
Yes, I hadn’t thought of that but maybe that’s how they got attention at home as kids - by whining and complaining and bemoaning “that’s not fair!” Honestly, BG did eberything for her and all she could do complain. Before they went to Motown, they were a premiere, but struggling R&B act. I never saw them pre-Motown, but my buds who gave said they were great then and The Pips’ moves were the best in the business. Motown got them into while folk’s homes and venues like The Copa - yet they could still play The HowZrd and The Apollo. There’s thousands of singers who would have killed for the shitty records like Grapevine, If I Were Your Woman and Neither One Of Us and never griped for their first Grammy and “gold” records. Yeah, she got it tough.