[REMOVE ADS]

Jazz Great George Shearing has passed on.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/02/14/ge...ec3_lnk2|44045

For the saved, death ushers us into the presence of Christ. To be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

May Mr. Shearing be with the Lord.

I met George in San Francisco offically [[we both lived in SF and I would always say hello to him when I would seeing him walking briskly down the street) when he was introducing a young lady he discovered on a local TV station. He was so proud of her and said she was one of the most Beautiful People he had ever seen? after meeting the young Lady and she was singing a new single that George had something to do with. I saw what he was talking about. Her name was Nancy Wilson. I remember that like it was yesterday. It left such a big impression on me. What a Sweet Man. RIP George.

Quote Originally Posted by tom_moulton View Post
    I met George in San Francisco offically [[we both lived in SF and I would always say hello to him when I would seeing him walking briskly down the street) when he was introducing a young lady he discovered on a local TV station. He was so proud of her and said she was one of the most Beautiful People he had ever seen? after meeting the young Lady and she was singing a new single that George had something to do with. I saw what he was talking about. Her name was Nancy Wilson. I remember that like it was yesterday. It left such a big impression on me. What a Sweet Man. RIP George.
    That is a beautiful story tom_moulton.

RIP George. Tom thank you for sharing.

Another jazz giant leaves us. I love his dixieland version of 'The Girl From Ipanema'. May he Rest in Peace.

Condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P. George Shearing.

I've enjoyed Mr Shearing so long and with so many artists that all I can say is condolences to his loved ones, RIP
    and you've done well, George, very well...