[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    It's good, Marv, that we seem to agree that those names are not on the list....but yes, it is quite possible that at least some were known by different names.

Except that I can't help noticing that many of the names listed do, for example, include their nicknames.

I wonder if you have any contacts at the Museum, Marv?

Maybe you would care to enquire on our behalf, and let us have an update sometime?

There must be many members on the forum, or reading the posts as guests, who would be interested...or may even have some connection with those named.

And I expect there are other names not listed, and other members will chip in.

I don't see some of the DSO string players named....and at least some of the musicians who recorded for Motown on the West Coast [[for example, Dorothy Ashby, or Carol Kaye)...but I can understand why the Motown Museum may perhaps only have wanted the Detroit names to be included.....
    Westgrandboulevard, I may get around to doing that, but just not right now. When things slow down a bit for me. I also noticed these names, although their roles were pretty minor for Motown were omitted from. One is even Berry Gordy's step son:

Benny Medina
    Cliff Liles
    Lenny Greene
    Larry Robinson

These guys were in the group "Apollo" along with Kerry Gordy, Berry's son.
    Last edited by marv2; 08-04-2018 at 04:12 PM.