[REMOVE ADS]

olamaebarto Guest

Saw a great show last night.

This video wasn't from last night, but this is one of my favorite songs of hers.

I've been friends w/ her for 8 years now and I still can't believe she has never made to "the big time".

She has a very big fan base in LA and has been an Indy artist for many years. Now she's a happy mom w/ twin girls. Her husband is in her band along with a group of fantasic people.

When I hear crap on the radio of the likes of that Syrius creature, I just want to puke.

Very nice voice. Does Cindy ever work outside of LA?

olamaebarto Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    Very nice voice. Does Cindy ever work outside of LA?
    Oh thank you!

She has in the past. She's performed in Europe, USO tours that took her and the band to Japan and Pacific rim. She's toured w/ America. Opened for Kevin Bacon ... who I met and he's a real nice guy. Back in the day she toured in various parts of the US.

But like I said, she now has two beautiful twin girls and wonderful husband. She has had the chance of getting signed ... but she's turn it down.

I'll tell you a story.

Cindy was in Nashville working with one of her co-writers and performed at a club. Some big wigs from Atlantic Records caught her show and wanted to fly her to NYC to sign her. She took them up on the offer and was handed a contract. She's no fool. She's a pera-legal and read EVERY word while the big wigs started to sweat. They wanted to take her music rights away, take away her band and try to make her into some "pop star" ... she said "No thanks" and the biggies mouths dropped!

She also won this online NBC produced contest and again was given some shit contract. The other artist also refused the contract when she turned it down.

Having kids has grounded my girl down. But she LOVES to perform and write. It's just a crock that people like Cindy can't "make it". The music industry has become shit when you look at the crap that is being shoved into the face of public.