[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

The Three Stooges

Anyone else here a fan of the 3 Stooges? I remember when they were shown all the time on Channel 50 in Detroit [[and I'm sure in stations across the US). AMC now shows the old shorts from the 30's, 40's and 50's and they're also up on youtube. Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp were great slapstick comedians.

LOVE the Stooges!!

Best,

Mark

i used to watch these at saturday morning picture,abc minor's, in the 60's,so funny.
    havent seen them for years.

Funny someone posted this. They're on dvd now. I just returned one to the library yesterday. Too funny. The Marx Bros
    were a lot of fun too...

marx bros crack me up groucho's dead pan quick talking style,i'm smiling now!operator i'm want to call my wife,get me a wrong number!
    abbot and costello too,saspriella hat company? scuse spelling

I was raised on the Three Stooges. They are the standard. The first decade of the Stooges [[1930's) was also the hey day for two more of my favorites Mae West and W.C. Fields. What a time that must have been! Have all three on dvd and never tire of watching them. Thank heavens for recorded media.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  21.1 KB
    The Three Stooges were too slapstick, too silly and too predictable for me, although I did like one of their shorts very much:-the one that Moe played Hitler. Curly played Mussolini, and they fought over a large World globe. Moe made a fantastic, very funny Hitler. The whole film was great, wet-pants-funny, and reminiscent of Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator". We used to see a lot of Three Stooges shorts in Saturday matinees at the movie houses [[later, they appeared on TV-Channel 9 in Chicago). I liked The Marx Brothers a lot more [[although a fair amount of their "shtick" was also too silly for me). Groucho was a genius. I think he shined his best on his own TV show, "You Bet Your Life".

My fave Xmas gift from one of my comp customers was: The Three Stooges Collection Volume ONe 1934-1936....340 minutes of Pure Joy

"operator i'm want to call my wife,get me a wrong number!"

Classic.

i said that post 5, it was marx brothers wasnt it?i thought it was anyway.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i have a stooges poster on my wall[nuk nuk]along with the marx bros.the funniest comedy teams of the[30's-40's]...marry me and you'll never see me again-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...classic!!!

tamla.....I was acknowledging your post.....with the comment..."Classic".

ok. i thought i 'd got it wrong!thought i'd mixed up the marxs' with the stooges!

heres' another WC FIELDS this time[[imagine the voice! ) a man asked me if i ever spoke to my wife when i was making love.
    i told him,only if i was by the telephone!

Most women don't like the 3 Stooges. The don't get the physical violence. I can watch, but not with my two sons around because they pick up on the hitting and eye gouging and will eventually try and kill each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Most women don't like the 3 Stooges. The don't get the physical violence. I can watch, but not with my two sons around because they pick up on the hitting and eye gouging and will eventually try and kill each other.
    I've become aware of that too, that women in general don't seem to care much for the Stooges. I guess it's a Man Cave thing.

smark21 Guest
    After Shemp died, Moe and Larry had to search for a new stooge to join the act. Buddy Hackett considered joining, but after watching Moe and Larry do some routines, he backed out as he was afraid to mix it up. Joe Besser eventually joined, but he asked not to get hit much. Larry agreed to take most of Moe's slaps. Besser didn't really work out and once Columbia shut down its short subjects division, Besser left and Moe and Larry hired Joe DeRita to fill the third slot and DeRita, an old roughhouse comedian, was a better fit and was there in the act when they made their comeback in the late 50's and 60's, thanks to the old shorts being shown on TV and winning over a new generation of fans.

After shemp died the stooges were not nearly as funny,the two joes didn't work out but they keep it going...may i mention another great comedy team-laurel&hardy..stan and oli were very funny as well[this is another fine mess you've gotten us into]spoken by oliver hardy with his deadpan expression is a killer..a great classic comedy team!