[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Also not Motown, but Patti LaBelle & The Bluebelles’ SWEETHEARTS OF THE APOLLO is another egregious fake, with wild applause at the first strains of even the most obscure album tracks. I was crushed when I realized I’d been bamboozled.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Also not Motown, but Patti LaBelle & The Bluebelles’ SWEETHEARTS OF THE APOLLO is another egregious fake, with wild applause at the first strains of even the most obscure album tracks. I was crushed when I realized I’d been bamboozled.
    I felt really bamboozled when I bought their Parkway ON STAGE album via a collector's magazine. When it arrived, I found out it was just a retitled version of their SWEETHEARTS OF THE APOLLO album with a song deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I felt really bamboozled when I bought their Parkway ON STAGE album via a collector's magazine. When it arrived, I found out it was just a retitled version of their SWEETHEARTS OF THE APOLLO album with a song deleted.
    Thanks for the information Reese. I've seen "On Stage" listed and have contemplated purchasing it in the hopes that it is the actual real thing as opposed to the fake I bought. But I never bought it because I feared it was exactly as you described, a retitled release of the other fake crap. So now I know to officially pass. I know the Bluebelles had a handful of live cuts on Dreamer, but it would be nice if someone put together a package of their live performances to make up for SOTA and On Stage.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    You and me both. After hearing how great they were supposed to be live, I thought this album was going to rush into my favorites. I was pissed that it was a fake concert atmosphere over the original tracks I already had. We should be able to sue for crap like that. False advertisement. Lol