[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye Post Office Now Reality Thanks to the President

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018...c-post-office/

‘What’s Going On’? Donald Trump Signs Law Naming South LA Post Office After Marvin Gaye

July 24, 2018 at 10:13 pm

STUDIO CITY [[CBSLA) — Donald Trump has signed into law a bill naming a post office in South Los Angeles after the late R&B singer Marvin Gaye.

The post office located at 3585 S. Vermont Ave. — just across the street from the University of Southern California — will be named after the two-time Grammy-winning singer famous for hits like “What’s Going On,” “How Sweet It Is” and “Sexual Healing.”

“Marvin Gaye’s music has transcended generations and gave the ’70s and ’80s a sound,” Democratic Rep. Karen Bass [[CA-37) said Tuesday. She introduced HR 1496 in 2017.

Gaye was born in Washington D.C. but lived in L.A.’s West Adams neighborhood until his death in 1984. Infamously, he was shot and killed by his father during a family altercation.

The Motown singer made headlines posthumously when his family was awarded $7.4 million in a lawsuit claiming singer Robin Thicke and rapper Pharrell Williams lifted parts of Gaye’s song “Got To Give It Up” for their 2013 hit “Blurred Lines.” A judge later reduced the amount to $5.3 million.

[[© Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)

Thanks for the straight forward posting! 😎

Motown has done a lot to support the postal service over the years, so why not some return like this!
    PLEASE MR. POSTMAN and SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED come to mind.

'Что происходит'? Дональд Трамп подписывает закон, называя южное почтовое отделение Лос-Анджелеса после Марвина Гай

24 июля 2018 года в 22:13

STUDIO CITY [[CBSLA) - Дональд Трамп подписал закон, назвав почтовое отделение в Южном Лос-Анджелесе после покойного певца R & B Марвина Гайе.

Почтовое отделение расположено по адресу пр. Вермонт, 3585. - через дорогу от Университета Южной Калифорнии - будет названа в честь двукратного певца, удостоенного Грэмми, известного такими хитами, как «What's Going On», «How Sweet It Is» и «Сексуальное исцеление».

«Музыка Марвина Гейэ превзошла поколение и дала звучание 70-х и 80-х годов», - заявил во вторник демократический конгресс Карен Басс [[CA-37). Она представила HR 1496 в 2017 году.

Гейэ родился в Вашингтоне, округ Колумбия, но жил в районе Лос-Адама в Лос-Анджелесе до своей смерти в 1984 году. Позорно, он был застрелен его отцом во время семейной ссоры.

Певец Motown опубликовал заголовки посмертно, когда его семья получила 7,4 миллиона долларов в судебном процессе, заявив, что певец Робин Тике и рэппер Фаррелл Уильямс сняли части песни Гайя «Got To Give It Up» за их хит в 2013 году «Размытые линии». Судья позже сократил составляет 5,3 млн. долл. США.

That is a very nice honor.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    'Что происходит'? Дональд Трамп подписывает закон, называя южное почтовое отделение Лос-Анджелеса после Марвина Гай

STUDIO CITY [[CBSLA) - Дональд Трамп подписал закон, назвав почтовое отделение в Южном Лос-Анджелесе после покойного певца R & B Марвина Гайе.

Почтовое отделение расположено по адресу пр. Вермонт, 3585. - через дорогу от Университета Южной Калифорнии - будет названа в честь двукратного певца, удостоенного Грэмми, известного такими хитами, как «What's Going On», «How Sweet It Is» и «Сексуальное исцеление».

«Музыка Марвина Гейэ превзошла поколение и дала звучание 70-х и 80-х годов», - заявил во вторник демократический конгресс Карен Басс [[CA-37). Она представила HR 1496 в 2017 году.

Гейэ родился в Вашингтоне, округ Колумбия, но жил в районе Лос-Адама в Лос-Анджелесе до своей смерти в 1984 году. Позорно, он был застрелен его отцом во время семейной ссоры.

Певец Motown опубликовал заголовки посмертно, когда его семья получила 7,4 миллиона долларов в судебном процессе, заявив, что певец Робин Тике и рэппер Фаррелл Уильямс сняли части песни Гайя «Got To Give It Up» за их хит в 2013 году «Размытые линии». Судья позже сократил составляет 5,3 млн. долл. США.
    Freaking brilliant!!! Thanxal, I love you!!!

LOL no you didn't post that article in Russian.

The official Trump press release. lolololololololol

@thanxal, most excellent!

First: I highly doubt Trump understood exactly what he was signing.

Second, notice how he throws little crumbs to Black people, thinking those things will cause Black people to support and vote for him?m That way, he doesn't have to alienate his white supremacist base.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-26-2018 at 02:27 PM.

A post office? For the Marvelettes, yes. But for Marvin? I vote for a vineyard.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    LOL no you didn't post that article in Russian.
    You know I did.

The way this works is a congressman/woman from that district puts forward an amendment to name Post Office X or Y after person A or B. This then gets rolled into an omnibus bill, usually a spending bill, as I'm guessing in this case since we just had a debt-busting monstrosity passed by Congress and signed by Президент. There are literally thousands of pages with any bill. Most of Congress votes on only the big things and most never read past the executive summary. Президент then signs the bill, never knowing which Post Office was named for whom. Thus, the headline in this particular story is incredibly deceptive. Президент almost certainly never knew there was an amendment in the spending bill to name a Post Office after Marvin Gaye. Had Президент known, he probably would have been confused, thinking it was an LGBT issue. The end.

Dah! Freaking brilliant is right!

Thanks, thanxal! you make me smile.

Just checked... it was not in the spending bill. It was part of a bundle of bills signed at once. Facts matter...my assumption about the spending bill in the last post stands corrected. My assumption he had no idea stands until further evidence counters it.

My assumption he had no idea stands until further evidence counters it.
    That would be a safe bet. Lol

Just checked... it was not in the spending bill. It was part of a bundle of bills signed at once. Facts matter...my assumption about the spending bill in the last post stands corrected. My assumption he had no idea stands until further evidence counters it.
    Yep. Hes clueless about everything. LOL at you posting in Russian. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Yep. Hes clueless about everything. LOL at you posting in Russian. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    We need to reach out to all Americans, even Президент.

Representative Karen Bass initiated the idea, President Trump finalized it, and Marvin Gaye has a post office named after him.
    Win. Win. Win.
    Apparently it's the same post office that delivered his mail to his final address upon his death.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    A post office? For the Marvelettes, yes. But for Marvin? I vote for a vineyard.
    I vote for naming a marijuana dispensary after him. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I vote for naming a marijuana dispensary after him. LOL!
    He should have names a post office in Washington D.C. after him, but I forgot, Trump already bought it. LOL!

You know I did.

The way this works is a congressman/woman from that district puts forward an amendment to name Post Office X or Y after person A or B. This then gets rolled into an omnibus bill, usually a spending bill, as I'm guessing in this case since we just had a debt-busting monstrosity passed by Congress and signed by Президент. There are literally thousands of pages with any bill. Most of Congress votes on only the big things and most never read past the executive summary. Президент then signs the bill, never knowing which Post Office was named for whom. Thus, the headline in this particular story is incredibly deceptive. Президент almost certainly never knew there was an amendment in the spending bill to name a Post Office after Marvin Gaye. Had Президент known, he probably would have been confused, thinking it was an LGBT issue. The end.
    Thing about Trump is he says one thing and does another most of the time.

"Thing about Trump is he says one thing and it does the most of the time."

I think you mean that he does what he says. Am I correct? If so, you are wrong. All you have to do is look at all the stuff he said he was going to do when he campaigned in 2016. he lies like a sonofabitch!

I think you mean that he does what he says. Am I correct? If so, you are wrong. All you have to do is look at all the stuff he said he was going to do when he campaigned in 2016. he lies like a sonofabitch!
    That's not true! He's only lied 3,243 times since being in office. So there!

President Pus*y Grabber is a pathological liar and the biggest coward on the planet.

Nah I didn't mean that. I meant when it came to legislation. Idiot wanted a wall and take away Planned Parenthood and instead signed bills to make sure PP stays and his stupid wall don't get built lol

Does trump even know who marvin gaye is???

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Jokes aside, he probably does. Least musically. Politically, Marvin would be rolling his eyes hard at him. LOL

Anyways, this is the woman who made it all possible so if anything, thank her, not President Nitwit:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    that's not true! He's only lied 3,243 times since being in office. So there!
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Thank you!!! That functionally illiterate racist windbag probably thought it said "Marvin Gardens."
    Last edited by sansradio; 07-27-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thamk you!!! That functionally illiterate racist windbag probably thought it said "Marvin Gardens."
    Not to get off topic, but Parker Brothers has been spelling Marvin Gardens wrong for over 80 years now.

When they put the bill in front of him, they probably told him it was for Alex Jones and he gleefully signed it without reading it.

LOL at "he thought it said Marvin Gardens". LORDT! LMFAO!!!

Has the Gaye family sued yet?

When they put the bill in front of him, they probably told him it was for Alex Jones and he gleefully signed it without reading it.
    Lol I imagine he thought it said the "Protect Infowars Act" and signed it lol

Oh well. HAHA

Still ain't getting his wall but at least the nitwit gave Marvin Gaye his own post office.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Has the Gaye family sued yet?
    No but with recent salacious news on Президент, "Let's Get it On" seems to be appropriate here.

I think that this move to name a Post Office outlet after Marvin Gaye is fan-tastic!

Second, notice how he throws little crumbs to Black people, thinking those things will cause Black people to support and vote for him?m That way, he doesn't have to alienate his white supremacist base.
    This. Like pardoning Jack Johnson, whose crime of immorally, taking white women across state lines, was over a hundred years ago. Or trying to give a pardon to Muhammad Ali for his refusing to go war, when his case was overturned by the Supreme Court. He did pardon that Grandmother that Kim K brought attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    This. Like pardoning Jack Johnson, whose crime of immorally, taking white women across state lines, was over a hundred years ago. Or trying to give a pardon to Muhammad Ali for his refusing to go war, when his case was overturned by the Supreme Court. He did pardon that Grandmother that Kim K brought attention to.
    These are "gestures". Show me the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Now the Ali one made no sense. That's when I concluded he's just a stupid idiot lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Now the Ali one made no sense. That's when I concluded he's just a stupid idiot lol
    Took that long, hunh? 😆

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Took that long, hunh? ��
    I mean... yeah he was stupid before but I didn't know he was that effin' stupid. ��