[REMOVE ADS]

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 53 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2803
    Name:  IMG_3350.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  11.5 KB

I'm thinking about having some red caps with FAFO on them instead of MAGA since Dear Leader f*cked around and found out what happens. Maybe I should put it on blue caps to piss the deplorables off even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm thinking about having some red caps with FAFO on them instead of MAGA since Dear Leader f*cked around and found out what happens. Maybe I should put it on blue caps to piss the deplorables off even more.
    I'll buy one, Jerry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    HA!!! Count me in, too!

Above is a pictures of Paul McCartney in concert at Hershey. The song playing? Live and Let Die. With the approaching court appearance of the Orange Anus, I do think we should keep this song in mind because this may be how we end up dealing with the far Right branch of the Republican part, or at least certain members. One thing noticeable is that it's the House, the far Right Freedom Caucus that is up in arms, not the Senate. Mitch McConnell and his crew have remained very, very silent. I suspect he's trying to get them to keep their hands clean since someone is going to have to try and carry on the Republican Party after this shit show is over.

Name:  IMG_3367.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  16.6 KB
    FAFO, indeed!!!!

Republicans went from ‘you can’t kneel during the national anthem’ to ‘who cares if our national secrets are sitting in some shitty bathroom for anyone to read’ pretty quick.

Did y'all see Denée Benton "slip" and call DeFascist "the current Grand Wizard" of Florida at the Tonys last night??? Good God, she wasn't even hungry, but ate him ALIVE, leaving not one crumb. Tell the truth and shame the damned devil!!!
    Last edited by sansradio; 06-12-2023 at 12:08 PM.

And, of course, tomorrow is T Day. I understand the Orange Anus will be arriving there today. His girl Eileen will be presiding for the present. There are a lot of calls for her to recuse herself. That's probably not going to happen. She's going to end up humiliating herself again. This is part of her role in playing the loyalist. She will lower her head for the executioners blade again... and again... and again.

According to Newsweek, only 50% of Americans are happy for the indictments. Who makes up that dissenting 50%? Well, Republicans make up about 30%, and the other % is composed of independents, and non-thinkers, and foreign agents [[I just made that up, foreign agents probably only represent about 12%). Why such a high % opposing the indictments? Well, for one thing I believe the "Shut up, We're in Charge" party realizes the hammer is really going to come down hard this time. Whereas Clinton was helped when they impeached him for peccadillo, this is far, far worse. And the indictments haven't stopped. There are more on the way. How will they effect that 50%? In ways they cannot even begin to comprehend. They will still vote, but not nearly in the numbers they will need to win seats in the House and Senate. Not that they will vote against the Republican party. Nope, they're just going to sit out an election or two... or possibly 3. Trump will continue to break the party apart. Don't hold your breath expecting him to change anytime soon.

And, of course, the Orange Anus is going to be officially indicted today. Miami is prepping for 50,000 protestors. If it gets ugly, and that is a very distinct possibility, and if it looks at all like a reenactment of January 6 the Republicans are going to look bad. No matter how much they want to portray Trump as the victim, they will fail. Today is probably not a good day to be in Miami. This is quite likely going to be a shit show that Ronnie D is going to have to deal with... that should be funny. Does anyone know if he's even in Florida

Fun and games in 'organized religion'.

Cops: TN Pastor Stole From Food Bank To Pay Hooker

June 13, 2023 Crime, Religion

From the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation:
    An investigation by special agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office, and the Gallatin Police Department has resulted in the indictment of a Bethpage man accused of stealing thousands from the food bank where he worked.
    In May 2022, at the request of 18th Judicial District Attorney General Ray Whitley, TBI agents began investigating allegations of theft involving the former director of the Sumner County Food Bank.
    During the investigation, authorities determined that James Gill [[DOB: 6/1/42), who was employed as the director of the Sumner County Food Bank, used the organization’s money to make personal purchases.
    He also wrote checks to himself and others from the food bank’s account and transferred the money to other accounts under a different non-profit name. Further investigation revealed that Gill paid a food bank volunteer for sex acts.
    On June 8th, the Sumner County Grand Jury returned indictments charging James Gill with one count of Theft of Property over $250,000, one count of Money Laundering, and one count of Patronizing Prostitution. On Friday evening, he was arrested and booked into the Sumner County Jail on a $75,000 bond.
    The Christian Post reports:
    Gill, a longtime minister, was most recently the senior pastor of Liberty Baptist Church in Gallatin, Tennessee. Gill, who founded the food bank that serves up to 1,000 families weekly, passed on the operation to First Baptist Hendersonville in March 2022
    Liberty Baptist Church did not immediately respond to calls from The Christian Post when contacted for comment on Monday. A representative of First Baptist Hendersonville also told CP that no member of their leadership team was immediately available to respond to questions about the food bank.

And, of course, yesterday the Orange Anus had his fingerprints taken for the 2nd time as charges were filed against him. Cameras were not allowed in the courtroom, however from all the reports that I've seen he sat quietly. Amusingly, today is actually his birthday, so he was lucky enough to get his present a day early.

As might be expected, Fox News photographed the fake Melania outside the courthouse because...well, it's Fox News, which explains so very much.

One thing that did have me wondering was where were those 50,000 supporters, demonstrators, and protestors. So many added hours were put on the Atlanta police department payroll to cover them. In fact, estimates are that only about 500 people showed up, including one man wearing a pig head mask and that the atmosphere was circus-like. Those numbers must have been terribly disheartening for the Orange Anus after he called for his cult members to rally. This doesn't mean that about 2/3 of the Republican party have abandoned him, they haven't. They won't. That will never happen. This is how a political party dies.

Margo Martin [left] was mistaken for Melania Trump [right] at Donald Trump's court appearance in Florida on Tuesday.

"Some people confused Donald Trump's 27-year-old spokesperson Margo Martin for Melania Trump.

"The former first lady stayed in New York while Donald Trump appeared in court in Florida."
    Last edited by 9A; 06-14-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Lock Him Up

JUNE 13, 2023
    From The New York Times, by Bret Stephens:
    For many years, but especially the past three, conservatives have warned of the dangers of a criminal justice system that is overly reluctant to put and keep dangerous people in prison. The law is the law. Violations of it should be prosecuted. We are, and must remain, the land of equal justice, not social justice dictated by the ideological fixations of angry Americans.
    These same conservatives should try being consistent when it comes to the federal indictment of Donald Trump.
    It is stunning to read the grand jury’s 37-count indictment, with its depictions of a former president treating the law with the contemptuous disdain of a mafia don — but with none of a don’s concern for covering his tracks. It is even more stunning to hear what some of those in the legal community who have been defenders of Trump have to say about it.
    Alan Dershowitz: “It is the kind of evidence every defense lawyer dreads and every prosecutor dreams about,” the retired Harvard law professor wrote of Trump’s recorded admission of unlawfully possessing highly classified documents.
    Jonathan Turley: “Some of the evidence is coming from his former counsel, and these are very damaging statements made against him,” the Fox News legal analyst said, referring to notes made by one of Trump’s lawyers, in which the former president plots to obstruct a government subpoena. “All the government has to do is stick the landing on one count, and he could have a terminal sentence.”

Bill Barr: “It’s a very detailed indictment, and it’s very, very damning,” Trump’s former attorney general told “Fox News Sunday.” As for the suggestion that Trump is the victim of a witch hunt, Barr noted that the Justice Department had “acted in a very patient way” in trying to obtain documents from Trump, only to be met with “very egregious obstruction.”
    Barr added that the way in which Trump held on to and possibly shared vital national secrets — including, reportedly, the Pentagon’s planning documents for an attack on Iran — was done in a way that “anyone who really cares about national security, your stomach would churn at.”
    None of this will sway Trump’s base because nothing will sway them. It doesn’t matter that they were the ones most outraged in 2016 by Hillary Clinton’s alleged mishandling of classified documents. Or the most disgusted by the conclusion by the then-F.B.I. director, James Comey, that “no reasonable prosecutor” would bring charges against her. Or the most lustily cheering “Lock her up” at that summer’s Republican convention.
    But what about more mainstream conservatives who know the 2020 election wasn’t stolen, that Jan. 6 was a disgrace for the ages, that Trump is a one-time-lucky serial loser whose bottomless narcissism keeps costing Republicans winnable Senate and gubernatorial races, that his entire presidency was a drunken joyride with a reckless driver careening around hairpin turns at high speed, that his renomination as the G.O.P. candidate would give President Biden his best shot at re-election and that another Trump presidency would be an orgy of petty political retribution and reckless policymaking that would make his first term seem, by comparison, responsible and tame?
    They are, with few exceptions, supine.
    Their excuses for Trump have run the gamut. There were legally inaccurate claims about the Presidential Records Act, which does not give Trump whatever time he wants to return documents to the archivist of the United States. There was the idea that Trump held on to the documents because he was a hoarder or that he had little idea what was in them or that any secrets they contained were not serious. The counts of the indictment powerfully indicate otherwise.
    There’s also the whataboutism regarding Clinton’s emails and the documents found in Biden’s offices and garage. But the people who argue that Comey’s recommendation was a travesty of justice cannot now argue that Trump should be let off on far more serious charges. As for Biden, his case has its own special counsel: Let him come to his conclusions based on the facts.
    Which leaves the argument that our democracy will be gravely damaged if the administration of an incumbent president sets the precedent of criminally prosecuting a political opponent. That’s essentially what Trump threatened to do against Clinton. That’s exactly what he sought to do against Biden by trying to dig up dirt on Hunter Biden’s business dealings in Ukraine — the subject of Trump’s first impeachment. I don’t recall many conservatives taking a bold stand then against that attempt at using the formidable powers of the presidency to criminalize an opponent.
    It remains true that the federal prosecution of Trump, along with his potential conviction and incarceration, will be a fateful moment in American history. Far more fateful would have been the failure to prosecute. If Trump can be above the law, in a case of this kind, then we will have lost the rule of law.

As for larger considerations of justice, of both a legal and a cosmic kind, the English language is well stocked with phrases for occasions like this.

Turnabout is fair play.
    Hoist with his own petard.
    What’s sauce for the goose ….
    Lock him up.
    Last edited by lakeside; 06-14-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Spencer Cox, Utah’s GOP governor, issuing a proclamation marking June as Pride Month and calling on Utahns to be more welcoming and accepting:
    “There should be nothing controversial about supporting a group of people in our state who have historically felt marginalized. We love you; we care about you; Utah is an awesome place… for everyone.”
    Cox might be the only GOP governor in the nation to issue such a proclamation but it seems off somehow …
    Maybe because he didn’t mention the LGBTQ+ community at all; not once. His previous proclamations on Pride in 2022 and 2021 both mentioned our community … by all the letters … LGBTQ+, but this year not a single letter.
    Sarah Palin, when asked if MAGA is a cult:
    “No. You know, the definition of a cult is a group of people who are excessively supporting one another and a cause. [Cults are] all about conformity and compliance and intolerance of anyone who doesn’t agree with what their mission is. Okay? That’s the definition of what the left is engaged in right now, speaking of cults. [They’re] all about conformity and compliance. And heaven forbid you don’t agree with them.”
    Seriously, we dodged a massive bullet when John McCain lost his presidential election … because of her.
    You can’t fix stupid. You can’t fix Palin.
    John Kelly, former Thing 45 Chief of Staff, on Thing 45’s reaction to another indictment and then turning it into a campaign event:
    “He’s scared s—less. This is the way he compensates for that. He gives people the appearance he doesn’t care by doing this. For the first time in his life, it looks like he’s being held accountable. Up until this point in his life, it’s like, I’m not going to pay you, take me to court. He’s never been held accountable before.”
    I certainly hope this time he’s held accountable, and the next time in New Jersey, and the time in Georgia, and the time in New York …
    photo
    Lindsey Graham, crying about Thing 45 being indicted, clearly worried he won’t have Fat orange ass to kiss for much longer:
    “I’m an American who believes that if you believe Hillary Clinton should be prosecuted, you probably should believe that Trump should be prosecuted. If you believe she should get a pass, Trump should get a pass. No, I’m not in a cult. You know, I have taken the president on when I think he’s wrong, but what they’re doing to President Trump is a game changer for the presidency. They’ve taken the law and turned it upside down on numerous occasions to get him. You don’t have to be in a cult to find this offensive. Let the people decide whether Donald Trump should be president. Quit trying to destroy his life through a bunch of bogus legal cases in Manhattan, now in Miami, and eventually in Atlanta.”
    Lindsey’s whataboutism is the classic case of what’s wrong with the GOP; deflection and lack of accountability. He’d be best served to remember that the FBI investigated Hilary for over a year and found that her server did not contain any information or emails that were clearly marked classified.
    Now, if you think the FBI is corrupt and the DOJ is corrupt, go after that, but to let a criminal off because you don’t like how an earlier case ended is fucking stupid.
    Just like Miss Lindsey.
    Jackie Goldberg, president of the LA Unified School Board, calling out the “BS” from anti-LGBTQ protestors in California and reading from a children’s book titled The Great Big Book of Families:
    “I’ve been confronting this issue my entire life I have been threatened. I have been harassed. I have been denied jobs because of who I am and who I love. At the little discussion at the school after [reading the book], as soon as the book was over, one little girl sitting at my knees said, ‘I have two mommies.’ A little boy on my other side said: ‘I have five grandmas’. What do you think [the protests] did to them?!” It made them afraid! How dare you make them afraid because you are! I’m sorry, I told you this was personal. Nobody has to accept me. I’m not looking for your acceptance, but you better treat me the same way you treat everybody else. That’s how we live in this country. “You don’t have to love me. You don’t have to like me, you can think I’m the devil incarnate. But you treat me like a decent human being because that’s how I treat you even though you don’t believe I have the right to exist.”
    She continued: Her son was once harassed for having two mommies and said that the fact that her grandchildren aren’t is a sign of progress.
    But there’s room for a lot more.

Okay, so I saw this humorous article in The Hill about Senate Republicans and how they're worried that the Republicans in the House are going to screw everything up. You see, those radical conservatives in the House are furious about the debt ceiling deal. They saw their chances of gauging great holes in the Biden administration, and in Medicare and Social Security go up in smoke. Remember, these the insurrectionists who all desperately want to shriek "Shut UP! We're in Charge!" loudly into your ears. Rather than take their defeat and move on, they're planning on retaliating, just like the Orange Anus. They are writing smaller, sharper bits of legislation which they hope will hobble the economy to such a degree the Biden administration looks bad. The Senate Republicans are smart enough to know this will lose the votes, however for those Crazies in the House bleeding away Republican voters is far less important than shrieking "Shut UP! We're in Charge!"

Jesus was the “wokest” person to ever walk the Earth. DeSantis would have been in the Roman Army as a lawyer advising the guards how best to place the nails.

DeSantis Blames Trump For GOP’s “Culture Of Losing”

June 18, 2023 Politics, Republicans

The New York Times reports:
    In black boots, jeans and an untucked shirt — the fund-raiser dress code specified “ranch casual” — Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida on Saturday tried to persuade Republican voters in Nevada still loyal to former President Donald J. Trump that the party’s formula for winning elections was beyond its shelf life. “We’ve developed a culture of losing in this party,” Mr. DeSantis said, adding, “You’re not going to get a mulligan on the 2024 election.”
    Mr. DeSantis spoke for nearly an hour at the Basque Fry, a barbecue fund-raiser that supports conservative groups in Nevada. Steven Cheung, a campaign spokesman for Mr. Trump, hit back at Mr. DeSantis in a statement to The Times on Saturday. “Ron DeSantis is a proven liar and fraud,” he said. “That’s why he’s collapsing in the polls — both nationally and statewide. He should be careful before his chances in 2028 completely disappear.”
    Read the full article.

I think it’s adorable that Britain’s big scandal right now is that their former PM threw a party. My dudes, our guy kept nuclear war plans in the shitter. Top that.

Freedom Day ... But The March Goes On

This particular National holiday’s origin story began in 1865, in Galveston, Texas, which was at that time the western-most area of the Union, when Union soldiers arrived to tell the enslaved people of their emancipation on June 19, 1865.
    Now, those enslaved people had technically already been freed two-and-a-half years earlier when President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, but slaveholders in Texas kept the information to themselves, extending the period of violent exploitation of enslaved African Americans for two more years.
    But in 1865 the news spread: freedom. And the following year, in 1866, a celebration was had in Texas on that same date, June 19th … Juneteenth … to finally recognize freedom from slavery in the United States.
    Of course, here we are in 2023, one-hundred-fifty-eight years later, and we know African-Americans still aren’t entirely free; think of George Floyd and Trayvon Martin and Tamir Rice and Eric Garner and Breonna Taylor and Michael Brown and Freddie Gray and on and on we could go …
    We still have much work to do to free all Americans, of every race and color and gender and sexual orientation.
    We need to free People of Color from the abuses of police and the criminal justice system and some in our own government that work to deny them the right to vote.
    We need to free Women from having the government control their bodies.
    We need to free Educators to teach American history, all of it, even the ugly parts.
    We need to free Parents to be able to raise their own children as they see fit; to let their children read the books of their choosing; to let the parents make healthcare choices for their own children.
    We need to free our Trans Brothers and Sisters to live their lives as they identify; to be fully themselves.
    We need to free the LGBTQ+ population from continued harassment and violence by rightwing agitators and politicians trying to turn the clock back to the closet.
    We are, none of us, free, until we are all free, and there is still work to be done.

The war of words between Chris Christie, and Trump, and DeSantis heated up over the weekend. I love it! Tim Scott said Biden hates him and honestly, I don't think Biden and his team even think about him. There was some chatter about anti-vax Kennedy - he's going to make some noise before he disappears into the woodwork. And really, the past 2 days have been rather uneventful. Sometimes that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Freedom Day ... But The March Goes On

We are, none of us, free, until we are all free, and there is still work to be done.
    Lakeside,

Well put, but you left out parents having to explain to their
    children "active shooter" drills in school or parents having to
    have "the talk" with their innocent children. When my children
    were little, I had a hard time explaining the words to the "Star
    Spangled Banner." Now so many words or phrases have krept
    into the lexicon for naive little ears to hear. How do we explain
    a President who has no soul? Do I have to learn where the
    hiding places are in the supermarket or be sure not to approach
    the wrong car in a parking lot?

Truth Dump

I follow Qasim Rashid, Esq. on Twitter [@QasimRashid] and he is insightful, riddled with common sense, and takes no prisoners; he’s a Truth Teller. And here’s his take on what the right says about the Indictment and how everyone should respond to their lunatic points.
    Spread the word.

Evidently Lauren Boebert had initiated articles of impeachment against Biden in the House which will require a floor vote. It will end up being tabled because most members realize that her White Trash approach to authoritarianism is nothing more than MAGA cult grandstanding. So far, McCarthy has remained silent. Even he know this will hurt the party. As for Boebert? I don't doubt she believes this will offset all of the bad press she's been garnering lately in regard to her impending divorce, and her finances [[or supposedly lack there of), and her dating a rather unattractive Evangelical minister.

Girl Fight! That messy feud between the two dumbest MAGAts in Congress, Large Marge Green and Lauren Bobo Boebert burst right into the open this week when the two got into a spat and Greene called Boebert a “little bitch.”
    It all happened because both women want to impeach Joe Biden for being a good president and a Democrat, and Greene went all Howler Monkey after Boebert leveraged a procedural tool to force a vote on her own impeachment resolution, thereby undercutting Marge, who had offered her own resolution,
    Poor Marge and Bobo, both vying to be the Illiterate Queen of the MAGAts.
    Right after the White House displayed a Pride flag, Fox News … that bastion of journalistic integrity … hold for laughter … claimed the Pride flag the White House used promoted pedophilia.
    Fox made no mention of the fact that when their parent company promoted Pride month in 2022 it wrapped its corporate logo in the very same flag.
    I guess it’s not a giant leap to go from lying to hypocrisy.

In politics, the House of Representatives censured Adam Schiff in retaliation for his honesty regarding the Orange Anus and his attempted coup. What sorry gang of snotty nosed brats the Republicans have become in their attempt to deify Trump. Evidently Kev McCarthy had to bang his gavel in an attempt to quell the chorus of Shame, Shame, Shame that members of the house were chanting.

And many news organizations that there was a big cat fight between White Trash Boebert and Fascist Bimbo Green over Boebert's attempted Impeachment Grand Stand. Evidently Green called Bobo a bitch loud enough for quite a number of people to hear and repeat. This part is on the verge of coming apart at the seams, and watch out when it rips open completely. What Joy!

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., running for president, repeating an old Alex Jones lunatic claim about trans boys:

“I think a lot of the problems we see in kids, particularly boys, it’s probably underappreciated on that how much of that is coming from chemical exposures, including a lot of the sexual dysphoria that we’re seeing. I mean, they’re swimming through a soup of toxic chemicals today, and many of those are endocrine disruptors. There’s atrazine throughout our water supply.”
    Yes, trans is in the water. Dear Baby Jeebus, save us from this brand of Robert Q. Kennedy crazy.
    Odd, though, he doesn’t say what makes girls “turn” trans.
    Nikki Haley, 2024 Republican presidential candidate and certified Flip-Flopper, says she would be “inclined” to pardon Thing 45 if he is convicted of federal crimes:

“We need to see exactly what happened. But when you look at a pardon, the issue is less about guilt and more about what’s good for the country and I think it would be terrible for the country to have a former president in prison for years because of a documents case. That’s something you’ve seen in a third-world country.”
    Three days and three different thoughts from braindead Nimrata Haley.
    First she said there was no case at all and it was a politically motivated case.
    Then she said if the charges were true, Thing 45 was “incredibly reckless” and “put our military men and women in danger” including, as she said, her own husband who was about to be deployed again.
    And now she says she’d pardon the man whose reckless behavior put the lives of many at risk.
    Nimrata can fuck all the way off.
    Tim Burchett, G OP congressman from Tennessee—a state not known for intelligent representation—claiming giants are real because they’re in the bible:

“I’ve never seen a UFO, but they’re in the bible. I mean, read the first chapter of Ezekiel. It’s the King James version, it’s a translation, but it describes a wheel within a wheel. It describes what you and I would call the classic saucer shape UFO. It’s in the bible. It’s in hieroglyphics. It’s in, you know, Dark Ages paintings. It’s there.”
    Burchett has also blamed a mass shooting in his own state on a lack of Jesus in public schools, and then claimed that “people who pray” never commit mass shootings. He’s also best known for saying that there’s simply no way to “fix” the epidemic of mass shootings.
    William Barr, on his former boss, Criminal Grifter:

“It started out under the Presidential Records Act and the Archives trying to retrieve documents that [he] had no right to have. But it quickly became clear that what the government was really worried about were these classified and very sensitive documents. And so the government’s agenda was to get those, protect those documents, and get them out. And I think it was perfectly appropriate to do that. It was the right thing to do. And I think the counts under the Espionage Act that he willfully retained those documents are solid counts. I do think that even half of what Andy McCarthy said, which is if even half of it is true, then he’s toast. I mean, it’s a pretty, it’s a very detailed indictment, and it’s very, very damning.”
    This, coming from Thing 45’s most notorious henchman is quite telling.
    Demi Lovato, on why she switched back to identifying as she/her:

“I constantly had to educate people and explain why I identified with those pronouns. It was absolutely exhausting. I just got tired. But for that very reason I know that it is important to continue spreading the word.”
    Really? It got too hard to explain? Doesn’t really sound like you identified as they/them as much as you identified as media whore.
    It saddens me because an ALLEGED ally thinks it’s just a flick of a switch. Think of all those people begging to be accepted as gender nonbinary and being called all sorts of names, and Demi just changes her mind.

As everyone knows by now, the little submersible imploded explosively. Not everyone is sad. A number of news outlets are reporting on the lack of sympathy many are directing towards these very wealthy individuals. Some are calling it schadenfreude [[enjoying the misfortune of others). I don't doubt part of it is that the extremely wealthy are not well liked, and they really don't care if you like them or not. The vast majority of humans on this planet are not even blips on their radar, so when something bad happens to five of them no one really feels sorry for them.
    And speaking of the uber wealthy, I understand the cage match is going to take place. What cage match, you ask, scratching you head. The one between Zuck and Musk! Evidently there are some really hard feelings between the two of them. If I were a gambling man, and I'm not, I'd probably put my money on the skinny ginger rather than the bloated South African.

And, of course, the House of Representatives continues to unravel. Really, everything those cultists are doing now is geared to trying to maintain a hold on their base voters. Now they're trying to expunge the two impeachments against the Orange Anus. This is what you would expect from a cult. The small percentage of voters they are trying to please will never get them the presidency. They did poorly in the last election, and they'll do even worse in the next one. For them to understand that, would mean they understood the American people. That's something that will never happen. Which is why the party is dying.

Well, I'm glad that's over.

It only distracted us a bit from Hunter Biden, though I'm sure Pappy Joe was hoping for a longer period of time.

Still, this is better than the round the clock manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombers.

I'd like to say I'm sorry for these folks, but I'm really not, if I'm being honest. At best it endeavor was risky and frivolous. If you have $250k to blow on a trip like this, you're smart enough to have researched the company, the history, the safety guidelines - or lack thereof.

And it got them round-the-clock coverage for days. And a fucking huge bill from 3-4 countries that no doubt will go unpaid by the families. I mean, you gotta believe the company has no assets now. Investors, should they have existed, probably pulled out. Anything else will be spent to settle lawsuits. Hell, even Everest sherpas have a $10k clause in their agreements to help the underprepared get down the mountain if they're stuck.

Yes, the media buys this shit hook, line and sinker. Allegedly there were 750+ refugees on a boat around the same time that went missing - but ya didn't hear about it. It capsized of course, killing all but 104. And questionable if Greece would allow those who survived into the country.

So don't lecture me on humanity or providing good vibes. $250k, from that billionaire on board, would have fed and housed those 750 for years........but you know.......me me me. I'm not saying they got what they deserved, but it's tough to feel sorry for them.

But four countries looked for four days for something that probably imploded four hours into the journey. All the technology [[with an Xbox controller) and a simple Apple Air Tag could have tracked that sucker. Ok - I'm simplifying, but you get it. They had three back-ups to it's ballast system - but not back up to find it. My iPhone has at least three ways to do that.

The CEO was arrogant and even told CBS safety standards were overrated, and if you wanted to be safe to stay in bed. I'm guessing there are four others [[or at least their families) who wished they had.

a bridge collapsed in Pennsylvania. the Democratic governor rebuilt it in two weeks. the power grid failed in Texas. the Republican senator fled to Cancun. any questions

And, of course, the Russian coup is over... maybe... we don't really know. People are scratching their heads wondering just what in hell happened. There are a lot of theories out there. The one I like is that Priczgoin [[sp) thought other members of the military would join him, and they didn't. He evidently didn't realize there is a big difference between the military and a mercenary group. Now people are waiting to see if he does fall out of a window, or eat a plutonium sandwich [[thanks Treaders). Either way, there are now 25 thousand mercenaries without a leader, who are probably not too keen on working with Moscow. Ouch.

And the Orange Anus gave a speech in front of Evangelicals last night and pretty much told them he was sent by God. So, he's not only going to take out the Republican Party, Evangelical Christianity is also on the memu.

monday: the curious case of the disappearing juneteenth

fun true fact: in 2021, Joe Biden signed legislation making Juneteenth a national holiday.
    funner and truer fact: a year earlier, in 2020, Ron DeSantis signed a proclamation making Juneteenth a Florida state holiday.
    I’d love to show you that proclamation, but I can’t, because DeSantis removed it from his web site, because being a racist asshole is more on-brand for Ron.

The Pedophiles Are Inside The Churches ... Still

I don’t follow rightwingnut and faux Christian, Tomi Lahren, on Twitter, but I do see her posts every so often, where she rants about the LGBTQ+ community and drag queens sexualizing and grooming children. And every time she posts her nonsense, I ask her—though she never responds because it doesn’t suit the Hate Narrative she pushes, why she says nary a word about so-called Men of God, Men of Faith, who groom and abuse children and are arrested and imprisoned for such.
    So, here’s some info for Tomi, that I will share to her page, and no doubt not hear a word about it …
    CALIFORNIA

Jose Andres Lopez, A retired Orange County pastor, was sentenced to 186 years to life in prison for sexually abusing two young girls with whom he is related from 1991 to 2020.
    ALASKA

Dwight Chris John, age seventy-one, who served on the governing board of a Christian & Missionary Alliance church, has been charged with six counts of Sexual Abuse of a Minor in the 1st Degree, seven counts of Sexual Abuse of a Minor 2nd Degree, Sexual Abuse of a Minor 3rd Degree, and three counts of Incest. The Investigation is ongoing.
    CALIFORNIA

Michael Sasser, a Modesto man who stepped down from his role as a church youth leader a month before his arrest has pleaded guilty to three counts of child molestation for acts that occurred during a period of months in 2022 and was sentenced to 12 years in prison.
    KANSAS

Joseph Heidesch, s former private Catholic school teacher at St. Thomas Aquinas High School, pleaded guilty to one felony count of sexual exploitation of a child and 25 counts of breach of privacy for secretly recording video of more than 100 girls and will spend five years in prison with no chance of parole.
    VIRGINIA

Scott Asalone, now 66, A former Loudoun County Catholic priest, has been sentenced to eight years in prison for the sexual abuse of a 14-year-old child; Asalone is required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of his life.
    TEXAS

Daniel Savala, who’s accused of sexually abusing multiple girls in the Assemblies of God’s Chi Alpha Campus Ministries, has also been arrested in Houston on sex abuse charges involving minors.

It’s the second arrest in an investigation started in April by Waco Police Department’s Crimes Against Children Unit. On May 23, Chris Hundl, former leader of the Chi Alpha chapter at Baylor University and pastor of Mountain Valley Fellowship in Waco, was arrested on identical charges in Waco. According to police records, Hundl drove two boys to Savala’s residence in Houston where Savala “masturbated both children” in his home sauna.
    OHIO

Robert Auxter, a former Monroe pastor at Grace Lutheran Church was sentenced to six years in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of Gross Sexual Imposition, which are third-degree felonies. Auxter is required to register as a tier 2 sex offender.
    SOUTH CAROLINA

Daniel Kellan Mayfield, youth pastor at Gowensville First Baptist Church faces new charges of video recording girls—as young as 14—in the bathroom of the church he was fired from recently. He was also charged with using his phone to video record a woman while she was showering at her mother’s home in Greenwood County.
    PENNSYLVANIA

Brandon S. Dasilva, a former youth pastor in Ephrata man is charged with possessing child pornography—and it’s not his first offense; he was also charged in February 2021 and failed to register his Twitch account and email address with Pennsylvania State Police, which was a condition of a prior conviction.
    MAINE

Raymond K. Chang, a 36-year-old pastor at “Resurrection Church” was arrested on a warrant alleging he sexually assaulted a child. The victim reported being sexually assaulted by Chang multiple times from when she was 12 to 14 years old. The affidavit quotes the victim as saying that she reported the sexual abuse to a family member and in response the family got together with members of Chang’s former church—which is not named in the affidavit—and she was told to apologize and to forgive Chang.
    CALIFORNIA

Steven Brian Arey, a former youth pastor in Tulare who was working for the California Department of Corrections at the time of his arrest in 2019, was sentenced to 300 years in prison on 20 counts of lewd acts with a girl under the age of 14.
    NEW HAMPSHIRE

Kevin Straughan, a former minister of Agape Ministries Church, is accused of strangulation and sexual assault and is being investigated for similar charges in Florida. Straughan has been indicted on several charges, including four counts of sexual assault and second-degree assault of children. Police said the victims were people he knew, including children.
    TEXAS

Michael Anthony Romero, a former employee of a Magnolia church, has turned himself in and confessed to ‘inappropriate behavior with adolescents’ during his time at the ministry.
    OHIO

The Rev. Michael Jude Zacharias, a Roman Catholic priest who has led parishes in Mansfield and Fremont, has been found guilty on all five counts of sex trafficking, two of which involved victims who were minors. Zacharias admitted to having had sexual relations with several but maintained that the sex never involved anyone younger than 18 but a nine-page affidavit accuses Zacharias of “grooming” victims to use their drug addiction as a way to perform sexual acts on them.
    MISSISSIPPI

Daniel Paul Harris, a Mississippi educator who, with his wife, founded the Kaimen Center to provide activities and experiences for children and adults of varying disabilities, was arrested and charged Thursday with two counts of molestation involving a girl, two counts of sexual battery and one count of unnatural intercourse.
    CALIFORNIA

Stephen McCurtis, pastor at Maricopa Community Church, has been charged with committing lewd and lascivious acts upon a child after a girl alleged McCurtis kissed and touched her inappropriately. The girl when she was 12 & 13 at the time. McCurtis denies touching the child intimately but told a deputy that he kissed her but claims he was not the pursuer, that the 13-year-old girl pursued him.
    LOUISIANA

Jacob De La Paz, who left his employ at St. Thomas More High School abruptly, has been arrested after a video surfaced showing him shirtless and apparently saying sexually suggestive things to student he tutors. He has been charged with the federal crime of enticing a minor to produce child pornography or child sexual assault material.
    IOWA

Jordan Dee Andrew Webb, who served as a missionary in the Caribbean island nation of St. Lucia, was found guilty of one count of second-degree sexual abuse with persons under the age of 12, a Class B felony; incest, a class D felony; and child endangerment, an aggravated misdemeanor.
    See, Tomi, not one drag queen or gay person in the bunch, and yet these people, many of whom have been arrested, charged, tried and found guilty, or admitted guilt, will every appear on your timeline, because you just want to push forward the rightwing, GOP, faux Christian, lies about LGBTQ+ people.
    But we see you, and we know who’s grooming children.