[REMOVE ADS]

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 51 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 2776

Let me restate: it's the utter HATE that is no longer just seeping out of pores. It gushes from firehoses. No one even tries to hide it. Well unless you're the governor of Ohio. He's doing everything DeSantis is doing, just quieter.
    Ohio politics is bad. B-A-D. The GOP run state congress has railroaded gerrymandering, voting rights limitations, dismantling the education department, increased weapons and access to, Oh, and concurrently, they are making harder, if not impossible, to be able to change laws and state amendments. So......yay.
    Until yesterday, I assumed I knew how bad things are in this country......and I consider myself a fatalist. Clearly, I don't think I'm even that close to that mark.
    Released, formerly redacted tests from Fucker Carlson were released. It honestly shook me to my core.

.....and the group that watched him were worried about trans kids and drag queens reading at libraries.
    Fuck - the amount of hate spewed here. If you need to know why Fox thought Fucker was a liability, now you know.
    But can we finally all get together to agree on that Fucker & his cohort don't either understand Antifa is, or what fascism is. Or both. Racism, he has down. Pat
    Fucker has said he 'passionately hates' BLOTUS. But you know something, I think they just didn't take the rationale for that far enough. If he hates him at all, it's because Fucker doesn't think BLOTUS is bad enough for his liking.
    But the above excerpt is frightening on so many levels. Most of which is viewers who watch shit like this, and eat from the shit trough, are basically watching State TV. They eat it up and spit / shit it out. The hate just keeps getting notched up.
    Ya see why I'm down.
    On the possible plus side? With this being released, you have to figure Fucker's chances of getting hired by any quasi-legitimate new organization just got a lot smaller.

NYT: Mar-A-Lago Insider Has Flipped On Trump

May 4, 2023 Trump Corruption, Trump Lies

The New York Times reports:
    Federal prosecutors investigating former President Donald J. Trump’s handling of classified documents have obtained the confidential cooperation of a person who has worked for him at Mar-a-Lago, part of an intensifying effort to determine whether Mr. Trump ordered boxes containing sensitive material moved out of a storage room there as the government sought to recover it last year, multiple people familiar with the inquiry said.
    Through a wave of new subpoenas and grand jury testimony, the Justice Department is moving aggressively to develop a fuller picture of how the documents Mr. Trump took with him from the White House were stored, who had access to them, how the security camera system at Mar-a-Lago works and what Mr. Trump told aides and his lawyers about what material he had and where it was, the people said.

Roy Wood Jr., comic host of the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, mocking Clarence Thomas being accused of decades-long corruption through his close relationship with right-wing activist billionaire Harlan Crow:

“Anti-CRT policies are an attack on Black history and an attempt to erase the contributions of Black people. You are trying to erase Black people, and a lot of Black people wouldn’t mind some of that erasure as long as that Black person is Clarence Thomas. A billionaire named Harlan Crow is flying Clarence Thomas all over the world on unreported trips like a Instagram model taking Clarence to the Maldives and the beaches and all—paid for his momma’s house—a billionaire paid for Clarence Thomas momma’s house. I gotta give it up to billionaires, billionaires, boy, y’all, y’all. Y’all always come up with something new to buy. Like just when you think of everything you could buy on Earth, a billionaire will come up with a new thing. Y’all buy space rockets, you bought Twitter. This man bought a Supreme Court justice. Do you understand how rich you have to be to buy a Supreme—a Black one on top of that. There’s only two in stock, and Harlan Crow owns half the inventory. We can all see Clarence Thomas, but he belongs to billionaire Harlan Crow. And that’s what an NFT is.”
    Wood ain’t wrong. And now we have learned that Harlan crow, Clarence’s “dear friend,” also paid for the tuition of Thomas’ grandnephew.
    The court is corrupt when a justice’s wife aids in an insurrection and when that same justice is bought and paid for by a billionaire.
    photo
    Samuel Alito, conservative Supreme Court Justice, saying he has a “pretty good idea” who leaked the Roe draft:

“I personally have a pretty good idea who is responsible, but that’s different from the level of proof that is needed to name somebody. It was a part of an effort to prevent the Dobbs draft … from becoming the decision of the court. And that’s how it was used for those six weeks by people on the outside—as part of the campaign to try to intimidate the court.”
    He knows but has no proof? That’s how a Supreme Court Justice acts? Well, when it’s an activist justice rewriting the Constitution to fit his own personal conservative world view, yeah. Funny, though, that he gave the interview as the stories about Thomas and Gorsuch and Roberts making money off people with business before the court and not reporting it.
    We see you, Sammy Alito, and we know you’re as corrupt as the other conservative justices.
    photo
    José Andrés, world renowned chef and activist, blasting Texas GOP Governor Gregg Abbott for dehumanizing five Texas mass shooting victims by calling them “illegal immigrants”:

“Nobody is illegal in heaven ‘dear’ governor! Nobody! And in life at the most are just undocumented! You speak with hate about immigrants, and that rhetoric is what may have created this situation in the first place. Show some empathy … that’s what good leaders do.”
    It’s as if Abbott suggest that the murder of these alleged undocumented immigrants is somehow okay because of their status … akin to saying it would be okay if they were LGBTQ+ or people of color.
    This is the GOP where if you’re killing the people they hate, then there’s no need for concern.
    It would be like suggesting that someone push Abbott and his wheelchair down a flight of stairs because he’s a racist POS.
    photo
    Kristi Noem, South Dakota’s wingnut GOP governor, proving to the world who is really grooming children:

“Little Miss Addie, who is almost two, and Branch who’s just a few months old, they have brought us so much joy. They’ve brought us purpose. Now Addie, who you know—soon will need them, I wanna reassure you, she already has a shotgun and she already has a rifle and she’s got a little pony named Sparkles too. So the girl is set up.”
    The child is two years old and needs a gun? That’s what I call grooming and it's sickening.
    photo
    Lizzo, on bringing out the drag queens at her recent Tennessee concert in protest of the state’s anti-drag bill:

“In light of recent and tragic events and current events, I was told by people on the internet, ‘cancel your shows in Tennessee,’ ‘don’t go to Tennessee.’ Their reason was valid, but why would I not come to the people who need to hear this message the most? Why would I not create a safe space in Tennessee where we can celebrate drag entertainers and celebrate our differences? I don’t have any intersections in my mind about the people who have been marginalized, who deserve to be celebrated and uplifted, so I feel very parallel to the queer community, because I’m fighting for the same freedoms that they’re fighting for. We can march together and make this a party. That’s why I’ve always been so connected to the Queer community. Drag Queens were the first people who put my music on, and saw my music, and identified heavily with it in the beginning. I would be so excited to do Pride this year for a few reasons. I can’t talk about it right now, but when the music comes out, I think people are going to be very happy.”
    Be like Lizzo; stand up; speak up; sing out.
    Spread the word that this anti-drag hate is a smokescreen to get people to forget the GOP supports slaughtering children in schools, banning books, ignoring Black and Indigenous histories, and trampling on the rights of our trans brothers and sisters.

Tucker Carlson is leaving Fox to spend more time with his fascism.

And what about all of the continuous stream of shit about Clarence Thomas and his sow Ginni? Barely a day seems to go by when another rock isn't turned over and more shit spills out. Tuition for a foster son, or what ever he wants to call the young man? Leo Leonard sending money her way and asking that she not be identified in the payments. And I really don't mind throwing more water on that wet blanket they chose to cower under, but these two individuals are supposed to be devout Christians. I'm wondering if they view all these bribes as Blessings? There are Cracker Jack Crazies out there who are like that? Believing God reward them for being what many consider selfish. Who cares about ethics when there's an open checkbook waiting to pay your way through the Pearly Gates.

And evidently Trump had another one of his confidential golf course meetings in Scotland. This one was very hush hush, not like the one in the rain in North Carolina... or was it Georgia, last year. There was no wild ride on golf carts like at that meeting. Nope. There were not a lot of people. Many are thinking this was because of his rape trial. You know? The one where, while in Ireland, he bragged about how he could go and testify? The one where the judge in charge of the trial, hearing those comments told Trump he now has until Sunday to show up and testify? Oops.

Oh, and not surprisingly, an important insider in the document case who was at Mar a Lago has flipped. Oops!

And you'll notice I'm not going to ask if it's just me thinking that a day doesn't go by without someone, somewhere, flipping over another rock and finding more dirt about Clarence Thomas. That man deserves all of the negative press he gets, and then some.

Of course, the big news yesterday was that at least eight of the fake electors in Georgia have been granted immunity. For those who need a translation, this another way of saying that they flipped. Purportedly, the charge they're going for is racketeering. That's a very good charge.

There does seem to be a lot of flipping going on, doesn't there? People are talking about the Mole at Mar a Lago, sounds like a snappy song title, doesn't it? I'm surprised Randy Rainbow hasn't come out with a catching little ditty everyone is playing. So, who is this mysterious individual who's decided to give all for America? Some think it's Melanoma Melania. I don't know about that. I keep thinking about King Lear and how it's was his daughter's who did him so much damage.

There was another mass shooting in Texas again. Ten people dead, including the gunman. The Guardian made a point on saying there have 198 mass shootings since the beginning of the year. I don't know where they've all occurred, but I'm betting that a majority of them have been in Red States because the NRA pays Red State Republicans beaucoup buckos to vote pro-gun. The shootings are only going to get worse. For Republicans to change course on gun-control would mean they'd have to admit they'd sold their souls to the NRA. That will never happen.

Vote Blue .. . And Here's Why, AGAIN!!!

It’s been a few weeks since we checked in on the GOP and their special brand of bigotry and ignorance, so let’s dive right in …
    FLORIDA

GOP lawmakers who fear the T in the LGBTQ+ community have passed one of those Bathroom Bills requiring people to use bathrooms that line up with their sex assigned at birth. The bill applies to the use of bathrooms at facilities such as public schools, colleges, universities, state and local government buildings, prisons and jails.
    Once again, I’ll say it: trans people use the bathrooms that align with their gender identity because they want to pee.
    LOUISIANA

Efforts to increase the state’s minimum wage—currently $7.25 an hour—were rejected in a GOP-controlled legislative committee. The failed bill would have gradually increased the state’s minimum wage to $10 an hour in 2024 and to $14 an hour in 2028. And yet the day before those same GOP lawmakers advanced a bill to double their own salaries from $16,800 to $40,000.
    Louisiana has the second-highest poverty rate in the country, with nearly 19% of the population impoverished … unless you’re a GOP lawmaker and you give yourself a raise.
    MONTANA

Representative Zooey Zephyr, the transgender state lawmaker who was silenced after telling Republicans they would have blood on their hands for opposing gender-affirming health care for kids, was barred from returning to the Montana House floor in a court ruling that came just hours before the Legislature wrapped up its biennial session.
    Silenced by the GOP because she stands for the rights of trans Americans and dares to speak out.
    FLORIDA

The GOP-controlled legislature passed a bill to allow the state remove transgender minors from their homes if they are receiving gender-affirming care. Odd when you realize that in 2022 DeSantis signed the Parental Rights in Education act, which reinforces parents’ fundamental rights to make decisions regarding the upbringing of their children.
    In education, not healthcare; in those cases Ron DeSantis and his merry band of Nazi Sympathizers make the decisions.
    TEXAS

Public schools will have to prominently display the Ten Commandments in every classroom starting next school year under a bill the Texas Senate approved. This is the latest attempt from the Texas GOP to inject religion into public schools. The Senate also gave final passage to Senate Bill 1396 authored by GOP Senator Mayes Middleton to allow public and charter schools to adopt a policy requiring every campus to set aside a time for students and employees to read the Bible or other religious texts and to pray.
    What about atheists and agnostics, or those who believe public schools are not the place for religious exercises?
    LOUISIANA

GOP Party officials want state lawmakers to forbid the study of racism at colleges and universities, arguing in a resolution that classes examining “inglorious aspects” of United States history are too divisive. The resolution asks the Legislature to pass laws removing diversity, equity and inclusion departments and agencies “within any institution of higher learning within the state.”
    Funny, because that old saying goes, “When we know better, we do better,” but in Louisiana they don’t want to know better.
    MONTANA

GOP Governor Greg Gianforte signed into law five bills aimed at restricting abortion access in the state triggering a legal request from Planned Parenthood of Montana later in the day to block one of the bills.
    Five Bills??
    UNITED STATES

After suffering recent electoral losses due to a historic surge in turnout from younger voters backing Democrats, GOP lawmakers around the country are making it harder for students to cast ballots where they attend school.
    A new law in Idaho specifically bars the use of student identification cards to vote, while a change in Ohio law means students will no longer be able to use tuition or college housing receipts as a form of voter ID, long a popular option for students without state driver’s licenses. Similar legislation has been introduced in at least 11 other states this year, including the presidential battlegrounds of Pennsylvania and Nevada, and a bill in Texas would bar college campuses from serving as polling places.
    Funny how the GOP only works to suppress the votes of those who vote against their racist, anti-democracy, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-women, pro-gun agenda.
    ON THE UPSIDE …
    FLORIDA

Mayors across the state, from Orlando, Miami Beach, Tampa, Tallahassee and more, are speaking out in support of LGBTQ+ rights in light of several bills targeting the community that have been passed by the state legislature and are heading to the desk of Fascist Governor Ron DeSantis.
    At least eight mayors have signed the pledge in support of the LGBTQ+ advocacy organization GLSEN and its Rise Up campaign.
    The march goes on …
    ILLINOIS

It looks like Illinois is set to become the first state to punish public institutions that ban books. Democratic Governor JB Pritzker supports a House bill that would withhold state funding from any of the state’s 1,600 public or school libraries that remove books from their shelves, and said:
    “In Illinois, we don’t hide from the truth, we embrace it and lead with it. Banning books is a devastating attempt to erase our history and the authentic stories of many.”
    The impetus for the legislation came from newly elected Secretary of State Alexi Giannoulias, a Democrat of course, who said he couldn’t fathom that book banning is happening in 2023.
    MINNESOTA

In times like these we need more governors like Tim Walz, who, while not really naming that ‘F’ state and its Fascist governor, said in his State of the State speech:
    "They're banning books from their schools. We're banishing hunger from ours."
    Walz has also signed the "Democracy for the People Act" which implements automatic voter registration, allows 16- and 17-year-olds to pre-register to vote, and creates a permanent absentee voter list that will automatically send people who sign up a ballot each election. The proposal also requires voting materials and sample ballots to be in languages other than English and prohibits voter intimidation at the polls.
    Pay attention … vote … speak up … vote … because if we don’t all stand together one day all of this country will be like Florida and Tennessee and Missouri and Idaho, and the GOP and the traitors come for us all.

A gag order was put on Trump in regard to his rape trial to keep him, or one of his attorneys from posting things about witnesses or evidence. Will he follow it? I'm thinking not. That would me doing something adverse to what for him is normal attack mode. He will blab and if there are fines he will go to court to keep from paying them, and he'll lose.

Two Republican Representatives in Texas rattled the roof by joining a group of Democrats to push a bill raising the age to 21 for purchasing certain guns. That was brave of them, but the legislation will fail. For it to pass, it would mean that Texans Republicans would understand how their total abandonment of gun control is having tragic consequences, it was also mean that Democrats were correct, and they will never let that happen.

For those of you keeping score at home, Barack Obama has a Nobel Peace Prize. Donald Trump has a sexual abuse judgement.

Rape Me

You know, when I first saw this years ago, the immediate reaction was to laugh. It takes a well know visual, and a well known sound byte [[thanks Billy Bush) and mashes them up.But you know what? It's not funny at all.
    My immediate second though it: this is something the GOP / MAGA lovers can finally equate to the disgustingness of BLOTUS.
    It is a cultural reference even the biggest retard [[yes, I said it and stand by it) in that group of retards to which they can relate. They might actually see the sleaziness in said reference and apply to real life.
    Might.
    But probably not,
    Somehow, this will all be the woman's "fault". It will be the jury's fault. Or the judge.
    I'll give it to the system: the judge, defense and prosecutors didn't know the jury's names. The judge encouraged the jury not to share their names with each other. While they're not barred from talking to the press now, they've been encouraged not to do so.
    I mean, can you imagine the treats they'll get, the vandalism, the harassment and violence they'll experience.
    But the test will come with the GOP. Who are they going to support in 2024? They're so fucking scared of this guy - you know, like E. Jean Carroll was. No one has said 'boo' about this conviction or distanced themselves from him. It's very telling.

First Thing 45 and now this … federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against New York Representative George Harrison Takei Lucas Michael Orwell Kitara Ravache Pinocchio Santos whose blatant lies about every single facet of his life stunned everyone … except Republicans who honor liars.
    He has been indicted on 13 counts, including seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.
    And he swears … foot stomp, head snap, hands on hips … he’s innocent.
    Federal prosecutors investigating Thing 45’s handling mishandling of classified documents have obtained the confidential cooperation of a person who has worked for him at Mar-a-Lago, part of an intensifying effort to determine whether Thing 45 ordered boxes containing sensitive material moved out of a storage room there as the government sought to recover it last year. The name of the confidential informant is not being released but I have an idea …

Lewis Hamilton, seven-time Formula One champion, blasting the anti-LGBTQ+ measures enacted by Florida lawmakers and ripped the state’s controversial “Don’t Say Gay” law with a reference to oppression seen in Saudi Arabia:
    “It’s not good at all. I stand by those within the community here. I hope they continue to stand firm and push back. I’ll have the rainbow on my helmet. It’s no different to when we were in Saudi.”
    Hamilton, F1’s only Black driver, regularly uses his platform to speak on issues of social justice and race, human rights and protection of the LBGTQ community and will wear the Pride emblem on his helmet during upcoming races.
    Candace Owens, conservative loon, on drag queens:
    “Let’s say we do get dragged into World War III, or if you’re wondering where it is that our military stands. Well, the US Navy has platformed a drag queen influencer—I wish I was kidding. I’m not—to attract the youth because right now the military is facing a hiring crisis. That makes sense to me, obviously—you are encouraging men to act like women, and I don’t think that those men are necessarily going to want to sign up to fight overseas wars. But yes, this is a real headline. There is a drag queen influencer that is trying to engage Gen Z—sign up for the military because I’m a drag queen or something. Here he, who dresses up like a she, is in his own words. You know what my first reaction was? I could probably beat that guy up. I just—I feel like I could beat that guy up. I feel like if you had to put money on a fight between me and that guy that you just saw, you probably would put your money on me. And that should make you very upset because this guy is now recruiting people. Not only is he in the military, he’s recruiting other people to be in the military. And that doesn’t make me feel secure about the direction of the United States military.”
    Oh Candy, you dumb bitch.
    Apparently you don’t know LGBTQ+ history or you might have known that it was trans women and drag queens who started the march for equality for our community because they refused to back down any longer. But go ahead, do you, and think that because it might be what your bigoted narrow little mind calls a man in a dress that somehow makes him an easy target for dumb bitches …
    Girl, bye.
    Marsha Blackburn, Tennessee’s follically challenged GOP Senator, on her “SAFE ACT” bill that would grant $900 million for schools to “harden security”:
    “To have this grant pool and to allow local school systems and local law enforcement to work together to bring in veterans and retired law enforcement to serve as a security officer at a school—they know how to use weapons. They know how to deescalate situations. I’ve talked to a lot of them. They like this idea. They are grandparents like we are—my husband and I are grandparents—and they want to be there to help protect children.”
    I’m sorry? She wants to spend $900M to have Meemaw and Peepaw park their walkers in the hallway and carry guns??
    Marsha Marsha Marsha, you ignorant fool.
    Mitt Romney, on what he wished the verdict against Thing 45 would mean:
    “I hope the jury of the American people reach the same conclusion about [Thing 45]. He just is not suited to be president of the United States and to be the person who we hold up to our children and the world as the leader of the free world. At some point when the people who work with you, your cabinet secretaries, and juries conclude that you’ve done something severely wrong, it’s time for us to recognize that the great majority of those who’ve worked with him are right and he’s wrong.”
    Sadly, most of the GOP and many Republican voters think a sexual abuser is a good look for president.
    Mike Pompeo, former Secretary of State, has dropped out of the 2024 presidential race:
    “We’re not going to join the race in 2024. We came to the conclusion that this wasn’t the moment for us.”
    He could’a saved himself time and money and embarrassment if he’d just asked me because I always knew he would never be president of anything other than a homeowner’s association.
    Dan Andrews, premier of Victoria, Australia, on people who think like the Florida GOP having no place Down Under:
    “This Americanization of our politics has no place here. My message to those people is, very clearly: if you want to behave like the worst elements of the Floridian Republican Party, get to Florida. Head over there, where your hateful views might be worth something. They are worth nothing here. We will not stand for this sort of ugly behavior. It is appalling, and I again make the point: it is not about free speech. This is hate speech plain and simple. It’s wrong. It is out of step with the values of fair-minded, decent mainstream Victorians. It is on the fringe. But enough about those people. Let us send the clearest message that equality is not negotiable. And despite the carrying-on and the shameful behavior of a small few, this government and this community remain committed to every single Victorian no matter who they are or who they love.”
    Andrews was responding after a local library canceled its Drag Queen Story Time due to threats of violence against “families, the performer, councilors and staff” from people who think like Sunshine State Republicans.

The CNN Trump Town Hall Was a Criminal Waste of Airtime

MAY 11, 2023
    Host Kaitlan Collins did what she could, which wasn’t much, having failed to bring either a ball-gag or a polo mallet.
    From Esquire, by Charles P. Pierce:
    The less said about Wednesday night’s CNN Experiment In Terror, the better. It was a terrible idea, poorly executed. It was a criminal waste of airtime. It was a 70-minute testament to one dangerous man’s ability to lie so continuously that it seemed as though it were all one continuous lie stretched out over more than an hour. Host Kaitlan Collins did what she could, which wasn’t much, in the face of this onslaught, having failed to bring either a ball-gag or a polo mallet. Rookie mistake. All the colossal offenses against journalism and human decency were made far above her pay grade. And even those meatheads aren’t worthy of the kind of contempt this event deserved.
    I’m saving up my profound contempt for the hand-picked audience full of New Hampshire cultists — the people who laughed when the former president* called E. Jean Carroll a “whacko,” which should occasion another defamation action, the people who cheered when he referred to his plans to pardon the January 6 criminals while simultaneously calling the Capitol cop who shot to defend himself against a mob trying to get at members of Congress a “thug,” and the people who bathed themselves in the warmth of his poisoned charisma. They all should go to hell in a fast handbasket. Which reminds me…
    On September 22, 2011, at a Republican candidates debate in Florida, a soldier named Stephen Hill was beamed in from the front lines in Iraq. Hill, a gay soldier, asked a pointed question about what was then the policy against gay citizens joining the military. The assembled audience booed the soldier in the field long, loud, and live in living color. The candidates all later pretended to be disappointed in the voters they had come to woo.

On May 4, 2007, at a Republican candidates debate in California, three of the 10 presidential candidates declared that they did not believe in evolution. Nobody batted an eye. Eventual nominee John McCain flatly answered yes, but then felt compelled to tell the audience that he saw God’s handiwork when he hiked through the Grand Canyon.
    As I said, all of the colossal offenses against journalism and decency occurred above Kaitlan Collins’ pay grade. Hell, many of them were committed before she was born. She was 15 when a third of the field denied evolution. She was 19 when they booed the gay soldier. It’s taken several decades to develop a political base that would deny evolution, boo a combat soldier, and cheer on a violent insurrection against the legitimate government. All El Caudillo del Mar-a-Lago did was correctly assess how vast and useful the ignorance and rage conservatism had created within the Republican base really was. He was more than a successful candidate. He was an inevitable product of ideological corruption, the terminal symptom of the prion disease that conservatism invited in. That is the proper target for Wednesday night’s disgust. That is the truly insurrectionist act.

Here’s another round-up of the groomers raping children in our churches and schools … and not one is a drag queen reading a book:
    MICHIGAN

Vincent DeLorenzo, 84, a former priest accused of abusing a child in the 1980s, pleaded guilty to first-degree attempted criminal sexual conduct for the sexual assault of a 5-year-old boy after a funeral service he officiated for the child’s relative in 1987. He is sentenced to one year in jail, five years’ probation and will be required to register as sex offender and pay restitution.
    FLORIDA

Donny Raney, a pastor in the Okeechobee County School District is facing allegations that he was engaged in an inappropriate romantic connection with a student at the school; it’s not romance with an underage student, it’s rape.
    IOWA

Kristen Gantt, a Dowling Catholic High School teacher has been arrested for an alleged sexual relationship with a student. Authorities believe Gantt engaged in an inappropriate sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student in her class.
    COLORADO

Robert Henry Gordon, a music teacher at the First United Pentecostal Church, has been arrested on charges of sexual assault on a child in a position of trust, sexual assault on a child, unlawful sexual contact, and enticement of a child.
    CALIFORNIA

Jesse Joshua Aceves, who founded the Christian clothing brand The Way and WAS active in the Christian hip-hop music scene, has been convicted of “numerous” charges of child molestation and sentenced to 35 years in prison. Aceves is suspected of molesting three children though police suspect there might be additional victims.
    FLORIDA

Ed Wilds III, a Putnam County youth pastor, was arrested on charges of possessing child porn. Wilds’ father is the main pastor of the church and declined to comment on his son’s arrest.
    OKLAHOMA

Cody Barlow, Wewoka Middle School principal and youth pastor, was charged with two felony counts of lewd or indecent acts with a child under the age of 16. A federal lawsuit reveals graphic allegations of Barlow’s “grooming behavior” towards students. The victim, a then-6th grader, claims Barlow would initiate inappropriate contact in front of other Wewoka faculty members and parents, and on one occasion a WMS counselor walked into Barlow’s office and witnessed Barlow standing behind a 7th grade boy, rubbing the teen’s shoulders and thrusting his hips back and forth against the boy.
    CALIFORNIA

Michael Sasser, a Modesto man who has served in a leadership role over student ministries at Redeemer Church, has been charged with forcible sexual penetration, continual sexual abuse of a child and lewd and lascivious acts with a child.
    GEORGIA

Alfonza McClendon Sr., a former Savannah pastor, will serve 25 years in prison and life on probation for child molestation and statutory rape. He was convicted of molesting two children between 2013 and 2017 while pastor of the First Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church.
    NORTH CAROLINA

Erickson Douglas Lee, a police officer, was arrested for child sex-related crimes committed while acting as a church youth leader. According to his arrest warrant out of York County, the allegations against Erickson Douglas Lee were for incidents reported between December 2020 and July 2022. Lee is accused of third-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor between December 2020 and June 2022, and of committing a sex act with a victim less than 16 years old.
    Remember, when someone tells you about the dangers of drag queens around children, remind them that not one drag queen has been arrested for inappropriate relations with a child, but many members of our churches have raped and sodomized and abused children.
    It’s not the Drag Queens.

Yesterday was election day. Republicans did not fare too well. Jacksonville, Florida, in a major upset, now has a Democratic mayor. In fact, Ronnie D's endorsements didn't do well in the state he wants to turn fascist.

In Pennsylvania, Democrats held the House of Representatives. This is frustrating the Hell out of the Republicans; their message is not getting through to the masses. It is only in rural Pennsylvania where they have a strong foothold. That will never change.

When Senator Joe Manchin scolded the EPA for requiring power plants to reduce their carbon emissions, he didn’t mention that the agency’s rules might threaten his personal income.
    In fact, the risk to one plant, in particular, could threaten a lucrative source of money for Manchin. His family business Enersystems Inc. delivers waste coal to the Grant Town power plant, a financially struggling coal facility that Manchin has spent much of his political career protecting.
    It’s not about protecting jobs at these plants it’s about protecting Joe Manchin’s bank account.
    Fuck him.

Evidently Trump and his minions were told more than once about his handling of secret documents and, par for the course with him, he ignored what he as told. This information is being sent to the DOJ and the Orange Anus has up until May 26 to file an appeal. He will file, probably on the last day because that, too, is par for the course. I also understand that the attorney in charge of this matter quit right after this information was made public. People are wondering if it was because he got fed up with Trump lying to him, or just got fed up with not being paid. Either way, he should have known this was par for the course.

Chasten Buttigieg, husband of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, describing his struggles growing up gay in a small town:
    “When I was growing up in conservative rural Michigan, I thought I was the only gay person in the world. I thought something was twisted and wrong with me. I thought something in my DNA was compromised, and I spent 18 years of my life hating this fact about me [but] when you embrace the qualities about yourself that make you weird or make you different or make you feel like you stand out from the crowd, you start to see what actually makes you truly powerful and unique and beautiful. [You see] you’re not defined by the opinions of other people.”
    You make yourself; other people don’t get to create you and put you in a box of their making. You make yourself, and once you learn that, and become all right with yourself and who you are, the rest of the world falls away.
    Marjorie Taylor Greene, racist and traitor to America, telling reporters that at a recent New York City protest rally against Thing 45, Democrat Congressman Jamaal Bowman was “shouting at the top of his lungs, cursing, calling me a horrible—calling me a white supremacist;”
    “That is like calling a person of color the N word which should never happen. Calling me a white supremacist is equal to that and that is wrong. I think there’s a lot of concern about Jamaal Bowman, so and I am concerned about, I feel threatened by him. He not only let a mob there, but his boisterous lies. I am very concerned about Jamaal Bowman, and he’s someone that people should watch.”
    Hey Marge, being called a white supremacist only bothers you because it’s true. And, just so you know, it is nothing like using the n-word. Nothing. You’re offended because it was a person of color who called you a white supremacist because he sees you, and hears your words, and knows what they mean.
    So it might be better if you simply STFU.
    Jamaal Bowman, New York Democrat Congressman, responding to that attack from Large Marge, which many are calling racist:
    “Marjorie Taylor Greene at her press conference this morning said something incredibly dangerous and incredibly reckless about me, talking about my demeanor as being ‘aggressive’ and saying that she feels ‘intimidated’ by me. Unfortunately, this country has a history of characterizing Black men who are outspoken, who stand their ground, and who push back as being threatening or intimidating. This is the same reason why Mike Brown was killed. This is one of the reasons why Emmett Till was killed. And throughout history Black men have continued to be characterized as aggressive because … one because of our skin color, but two because we happen to be outspoken and passionate about certain issues. It’s reckless and dangerous what she said, Okay, characterizing me in my interaction with her yesterday. I never invaded her personal space. I was laughing and gregarious the entire time. How was that intimidating? What was intimidating about that? So she goes to a press conference today and says that she’s intimidated by me and my mannerisms are aggressive. Anyone who’s interacted with me, anyone knows me, even reported this, you know, I’m middle school principal energy, always loving and engaging and friendly, except when kids [are] killed in our streets. Everyone should be outraged about that. But she knows what she’s doing when she does that, and unfortunately white supremacists historically, this is what they do. They try to dehumanize Black people, black skin and black humanity so that they could be you know, more likely to be targeted for harm.”
    Snap.
    Brian Kemp, Georgia’s GOP governor, urging Republican leaders to set aside Thing 45’s obsession with the Big Lie:
    “Not a single swing voter in a single swing state will vote for our nominee if they choose to talk about the 2020 election being stolen. To voters trying to pay their rent, make their car payment or put their kids through college, 2020 is ancient history, [and voters] couldn’t care less about anyone’s sour grapes.”
    Oh but you’re wrong, Bri … one person cares and he’s going to continue to make it an issue unless the rest of the party shuts him down.
    And, sadly, the GOP has no balls so …
    Kellyanne Conway, Cryptkeeper for Thing 45, on Fox, explaining why the GOP will lose election after election:
    “The Republican Party cannot wait for the young to get old and the single to get married to find new voters. We can’t be beaten on this, policy-wise. I think that we have already won the policy arguments on the economy, education, on several issues. I think we’ve got some work to do on the young people who think differently on abortion, perhaps, or guns or climate change. But even there, the Democrats’ messages are usually cynical. The thing I’m really concerned about on this is that the left becomes a turnout machine with young people. Influencers have this domino effect, the lemming-like effect of people just all wanting to be part of the same crowd. And if they succeed that way, we are not doing a good job competing for ballots; we’re just competing for votes…We need to compete for ballots, not just voters and not just minds.”
    She says what we all know: that young people ... whom she thinks are ignorant lemmings ... will vote against the GOP until they get married and get old. What poor Kellyanne forgets is that there will always be young people voting, so maybe rethink your policies and try collaborating with women and minorities and the LGBTQ+ community and immigrants and such.
    Try doing something.

If you live in Florida, you got some disheartening news yesterday. Disney is not going to build a planned billion dollar complex in the state, but has chosen instead to keep it in California. That's a big blow to the state's economy. Ronnie D, in his whiny best, said their decision was political. Now tell me, isn't that a laugh? Especially since he was the one who initiated this fight solely for political reasons. Little Ronnie seems to think he should be called Teflon Ron, but that ain't going to happen.

And Nikki Haley welcomed Ronnie D into the fray, not doubt because she thinks that if she makes a good enough showing he'll offer her a spot VP spot on the ticket. She's a dumb as he is, but then we've all known that for some time.

And, of course, the debt ceiling talks are back on after the Republicans sort of walked out because... well, I supposed they thought that would be a dramatic exit which everybody would be talking about. Didn't happen. They looked bad. This is a party that is so out of touch with the electorate and instead of reading the tea leaves, so to speak, they will continue to charge down a path leading to their own destruction.

Rudy's attorney quit because he wasn't getting paid... business as usual.

Does anyone know if Laura Ingraham is still on Fox? I saw somewhere that she was going to be shitcanned. If it hasn't happened it will, then she can go work for Tucker.

And evidently Lauren Boebert is getting divorced. Honestly, that should have been expected. One question you have to ask is could this be happening because of marital issues, or because she just didn't want to be upstaged by Marjorie Taylor Green,. I mean, they're both MAGA bimbos and this might be some sort of MAGA bimbo competition. There is the possibility that Lauren might just have decided to upgrade her gun of choice, something with a little more wood in the stock. That sounds reasonable enough, doesn't it?

Boebert: I’m Totally Not Fucking That QAnon Preacher

May 22, 2023 Politics, Republicans

The Daily Beast reports:
    Ever since Lauren Boebert filed to divorce her husband, the rumors have been running hot and heavy on social media: There must be another man, and maybe it’s right-wing, long-haired, guitar-strumming preacher Sean Feucht.
    Feucht, married with four children, was not amused by the speculation, calling it “false” and “defamatory” in a tweet that demanded retractions and apologies.
    Boebert also emphatically says the evidence-free chatter is untrue, though she managed to crack a joke about it to The Daily Beast on Monday. “How can I be with a man with better hair than me?” she asked. “His wife is wonderful, and we have had worship in the [U.S. Capitol] Rotunda,” Boebert added.
    Read the full article.
    In an interview published Friday by a Denver outlet, Boebert’s estranged husband also denied that infidelity is behind their coming divorce. Boebert is demanding full custody of their four sons, child support, and alimony.
    Rumors about Rep. Lauren Boebert’s love life have run rampant on social media after she filed for divorce. https://t.co/mfH2gW1vdb

Last edited by lakeside; 05-23-2023 at 09:30 AM.

For those of you who don't realize this yet, Ronnie DeSantis is the portrait of the perfect Republican. No matter how much evidence is present to him show the error of his ways, he is never going to understand how wrong he is in just about everything. His feud with Disney is one example. He is under the misguided belief that at its very heart America is conservative. In true Republican fashion, he will never accept the fact that he is wrong. He has stepped in a pile of shit and instead of cleaning off his shoe, he keeps stomping it down deeper and deeper into that conservative shit patty. He is now saying he wants more judges like Clarence Thomas and Alito. Has he paid absolutely no attention to how a majority of Americans have been voting since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade? Evidently not. Without a doubt, he is the definition of Republican.

And is Ronnie DeSantis' campaign already toast? That's possible. His poll numbers among Republicans are tanking. This is to be expected. Meatball Ron is not as saucy as his ego tells him he is. He's officially announcing late this afternoon on Twitter, with that Twat Elon Musk.

And, speaking of Twitter, Musk's trying to do to the platform what Chris Licht is failing to do with CNN, cater to the Far Right. While he may get advertisers the same way Fox used to get advertisers, Musk is going to learn that audience levels are going to drop. I understand that Benny Shapiro is also moving his podcasts to Twitter. I'm betting most of his audience were already following him on Twitter, so there's not going to be a lot of growth there, not that Musk cares, he just wants a platform from which to spew his own personal agenda.

the Song Remains the Same

The Right is right: men in dresses are a threat to children being sexually abused while they also get indoctrinated at the same time.

Turns out - shock of shocks! - they're not drag queens or trans folk.

I'm so tired of the church with this shit. And 2000? You mean, 2000 who have come forward. The actual number is exponentially higher. It has to be.

But the abuse by religion is nothing new. The ignoring of it by political institutions is nothing new either. ......until lately.

The Right's inability to sate their appetite for tales of trans people and drag queens for some cheap, but seemingly effective political points is mind boggling. That they overlook actual fucking abuse - doing absolutely nothing! - because religion and religious leaders are A). Big Business. B). the Endorsement the need to get.

....and B, is really #1.

And the ignoring isn't a Right thing. Let's see what Pappy Joe - a Catholic - has to say. You'll have to lean in really close to hear - but no worries, I'll tell you: what you'll hear is nothing.

The only difference between the Right and Left on this are the Drag Queens and Trans people. Oh, I don't thing the dems are much more progressive on either of those groups of folk, but they just keep their pie hole closed.

In theory, if the Right [[or Left) truly cared about 'pro life' {snicker} they'd care about this issue. But they care about this about as much as they do school shootings.

No. No. Wait. They care less about this, because there are no guns to protect.

The GOP is pro-birth. They are not pro-life. The church is pro-boy cherry. You know something - call it what it is. Say 'boy cherry' and watch heads spin more than Linda Blair in a Georgetown brownstone.

But fuck you media - let's stop calling it abuse: IT. IS. RAPE.

Media skirted that word for Jeffrey Epstein and they do it for the church. And gymnastics doctors. And teachers. And coaches. Consent or not, anyone underage........RAPE. It is kind of the law. I mean, not in Alabama, but.........

So, yes, big sprawling headline that will disappear in a few hours along with the story itself. Even if it didn't the lack of comment from the Left or Right will hasten the death of the story. Yet the problem remains

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People [NAACP] has issued a travel advisory for … no, not Ukraine, or Russia, Syria or Iran, China or North Korea … but for the state of Florida. The advisory is a response to Governor DeFacist’s attempts to erase Black history and restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools, and read, in part:

“Florida is openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals. Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color.”
    And now the Human Rights Campaign, the League of United Latin American Citizens, the Florida Immigrant Coalition and Equality Florida have joined the NAACP in advising people to avoid visiting or relocating to the State of Hate.
    In America.