[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I wanna get Faith's version of events my darn self. I don't trust Peter for some reason.
    Me neither. And I dont think theres much left on the 80 hours of interviews with Flo he claims to have or hed have released. Them by now. I think the 24 or 32 minutes hes already released have the most sallacious stuff on them imo.

[QUOTE=BayouMotownMan;473302]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Alright look, I'm not here to argue with someone that never knows what he is talking about. You have to get what little bits I and perhaps some others give you! Trust me, I'll never give it all up here or anywhere else. So to humor you. Go here and listen closely at 7:58 in this interview. This is also not the first time I've heard these numbers. Like I said earlier, most of the stuff you think you know is wrong!

Well Marv I have asked this of you before and never got an answer and I fully expect not to get one this time. What are you credentials?

How many books on Motown have your participated in?
    How many articles on Motown have you written?
    How many interviews with Motown staff have you done?
    How many CD compilations have you participated in?
    How many times have you been interviewed on a Motown subject?
    You ain't getting an answer this time either dear cause the answer is a big fat zero. LOL

Oh they made it tough for her. "Flo, you're too fat!", "Flo, you're drunk, go home..", "Flo, you're singing flat" yada, yada, yada. They tried it on her, but she wouldn't quit. She had to be fired. Had she quit, she would have lost most of any legal grounds she may have had. If she had the proper lawyer, Motown would had to cough up a whole lot more than the total $175,000 they offered her. Florence Ballard NEVER received an proper accounting of what she earned while at Motown. This all smells bad because she was left with Motown holding all of the power when they sent that snake Michael Roshkind to meet her that day at Northland in Southfiedl!
    But Flo WAS fat, WAS drunk, WAS a mess. Quitting would not have affected her position if she had a lick of sense or at least chose a good attorney. It’s not Motown’s fault she screwed herself with bad choices. Mike Roshkind advised Flo NOT to take this deal. She was sad, depressed and over it when she left Vegas, but it took over 7 months to iron out her deal and she had time to think it out. She knew she didn’t get what she had earned, but did nothing about it. I can see Mary and Diana not rocking the boat, but The ship had sailed for Flo - she’d have been a hero if she had taken Motown to task. She felt betrayed by Diana and Mary but she put herself in the position to be hurt by them - and vice verse. No way did Diana and Mary want Flo to leave - but eventually they had no choice. I loved Flo a great deal and found her replacement sickening for years, but geez, look at it objectively: she was missing shows, personal appearances and recording dates - then was angry when she wasn’t on them. Folks who act out at work wind up not working there, period. I wish to heaven Flo would have demanded an accounting - she’d have had her million [[s) after all. I do not blame Motown for Flo’s financial woes. Yes, they were crooks - but she shoulda called them on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Me neither. And I dont think theres much left on the 80 hours of interviews with Flo he claims to have or hed have released. Them by now. I think the 24 or 32 minutes hes already released have the most sallacious stuff on them imo.
    If there were 80 hours, most of it wasn't "juicy" enough. But even in those minutes she released, it wasn't as trashy as one would expect. Flo just explain matter-of-factly what went on. It seems like such a non-event, really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    But Flo WAS fat, WAS drunk, WAS a mess. Quitting would not have affected her position if she had a lick of sense or at least chose a good attorney. It’s not Motown’s fault she screwed herself with bad choices. Mike Roshkind advised Flo NOT to take this deal. She was sad, depressed and over it when she left Vegas, but it took over 7 months to iron out her deal and she had time to think it out. She knew she didn’t get what she had earned, but did nothing about it. I can see Mary and Diana not rocking the boat, but The ship had sailed for Flo - she’d have been a hero if she had taken Motown to task. She felt betrayed by Diana and Mary but she put herself in the position to be hurt by them - and vice verse. No way did Diana and Mary want Flo to leave - but eventually they had no choice. I loved Flo a great deal and found her replacement sickening for years, but geez, look at it objectively: she was missing shows, personal appearances and recording dates - then was angry when she wasn’t on them. Folks who act out at work wind up not working there, period. I wish to heaven Flo would have demanded an accounting - she’d have had her million [[s) after all. I do not blame Motown for Flo’s financial woes. Yes, they were crooks - but she shoulda called them on it.
    Seven months were definitely long enough for Flo to renegotiate but she didn't. Marvin Gaye had better business sense by comparison! That's the saddest part. Flo, to me, doesn't seem like too much of a confrontational person [[unless she was drunk and she was in a very dark mood) so I can see why she didn't confront Motown with the deal she eventually settled with...

Even Mary and her cousin admitted that Flo played a large role in why things turned out the way it did for her in the Supremes on Unsung.

Seven months were definitely long enough for Flo to renegotiate but she didn't. Marvin Gaye had better business sense by comparison! That's the saddest part. Flo, to me, doesn't seem like too much of a confrontational person [[unless she was drunk and she was in a very dark mood) so I can see why she didn't confront Motown with the deal she eventually settled with...

Even Mary and her cousin admitted that Flo played a large role in why things turned out the way it did for her in the Supremes on Unsung.
    Florence was not a business person. Florence was a great singer that came out of the Detroit ghetto with an 11th grade education. Oh she could be plenty confrontational on a different level other than legally fighting a corporation. I know that none of them truly understood the real difference between great money and ok money. Berry Gordy knew this too and took advantage of the fact they all came from poor, working families. When you got nothing, a little something goes a long way. It wasn't until Jean Terrell came along, did nay of the Supremes question why they were being paid so little from the millions they were generating for the company.

This is why this program and "The Supremes Breaking the Band" are important. They reversed what was said and presented in the Unsung episode on Florence Ballard which was a fluff piece and anyone that knows Florence's story could tell immediately. Also, it is now clear that Peter Benjaminson has not released ALL of his taped interviews with Florence Ballard. I'd like to hear the complete, unedited, raw interview. I am also now wondering if there is more that has not been released from the interview she did with Dave Dials of WXYZ Channel 7 in Detroit.

Florence was not a business person. Florence was a great singer that came out of the Detroit ghetto with an 11th grade education. Oh she could be plenty confrontational on a different level other than legally fighting a corporation. I know that none of them truly understood the real difference between great money and ok money. Berry Gordy knew this too and took advantage of the fact they all came from poor, working families. When you got nothing, a little something goes a long way. It wasn't until Jean Terrell came along, did nay of the Supremes question why they were being paid so little from the millions they were generating for the company.

This is why this program and "The Supremes Breaking the Band" are important. They reversed what was said and presented in the Unsung episode on Florence Ballard which was a fluff piece and anyone that knows Florence's story could tell immediately. Also, it is now clear that Peter Benjaminson has not released ALL of his taped interviews with Florence Ballard. I'd like to hear the complete, unedited, raw interview. I am also now wondering if there is more that has not been released from the interview she did with Dave Dials of WXYZ Channel 7 in Detroit.
    If there was anything at all in Peter Benjaminsens taped interview he would have realesed them by know. I dont believe theres anything there in those tapes edited or unedited. Nobody but a few crooked hacks was interested in his book or tapes which is why the film he was peddling was a sham. We all know your not thinking of poor victimized Florence your just praying for more dirt on your lifes obbsession Diane Ross. Theres no movie coming all the books have been written and most people who remember and care for Florence are old. You seriously think that Breaking the Band and Autopsy were good balanced shows? They were thrown cheaply together with real cheesy reenactments and a road manager who ended by saying he LOVED Flo and Mary and DIANE. Mary Wilson probably got scale [[$1,000) for appearing. You were the one promoting that insane woman CD Mitchells ranting and raving youtube video that trashed Diana hour an hour. You even kissed CD Mitchells as* in the comments section. LOLOLOLOLOLOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNqGRU5d_3E&t=159s
    Last edited by Roberta75; 08-04-2018 at 01:13 PM.

That nut case is a scream! We’ve had many laughs at the BS and faux class of the crazed woman. It amazes me that anyone with a tenth of a brain would buy her rhetoric. Lol. Sad and touching, honey.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 08-04-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Henry Gibson: "She was mad when she was let go but at the end, she knew she was the reason why she was let go from the group."

Henry: "Berry was running a well oiled machine [[The Supremes). He would've been a fool to let Florence ruin it."

HIS WORDS.

And he was her closest cousin...

Mary even said that she and Diana tried to help Florence out during this time Berry told her to get it together.

Seems when it's something that doesn't put the blame on Diana, people don't wanna hear it.

Also I'm not even giving that video any of my minutes... just ranting and telling half-truths...
    Last edited by midnightman; 08-04-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Henry Gibson: "She was mad when she was let go but at the end, she knew she was the reason why she was let go from the group."

Henry: "Berry was running a well oiled machine [[The Supremes). He would've been a fool to let Florence ruin it."

HIS WORDS.

And he was her closest cousin...

Mary even said that she and Diana tried to help Florence out during this time Berry told her to get it together.

Seems when it's something that doesn't put the blame on Diana, people don't wanna hear it.

Also I'm not even giving that video any of my minutes... just ranting and telling half-truths...
    I go with what Florence said about what was happening to her.......not what Henry Gibson her cousin or of "Laugh In" fame says! Everyone in Detroit knows that Diana Ross stabbed Florence and Mary in the back. Now people all over the World know. What a couple of her hardcore fans chose to believe doesn't matter to anyone. Berry Gordy used her and after witnessing her ruthlessness, would never marry her!

Everyone here is beating a dead horse. How long are you going to keep lapping around without a conclusion.

All I can add is that Peter B has certainly gotten his $$$'s worth out of those Flo Ballard interviews. A book, articles, TV shows, and almost a movie. I wonder how much kickback he's given to the Ballard Estate.

I go with what Florence said about what was happening to her.......not what Henry Gibson her cousin or of "Laugh In" fame says! Everyone in Detroit knows that Diana Ross stabbed Florence and Mary in the back. Now people all over the World know. What a couple of her hardcore fans chose to believe doesn't matter to anyone. Berry Gordy used her and after witnessing her ruthlessness, would never marry her!
    "People all over the world" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. You really think those bad produced on a dime shows on an obscure cable channel are gonna get a huge global audience. The delusional nonsense that you post here is laughable and real pitiful. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    All I can add is that Peter B has certainly gotten his $$$'s worth out of those Flo Ballard interviews. A book, articles, TV shows, and almost a movie. I wonder how much kickback he's given to the Ballard Estate.
    My guess is NONE. I feel sorry for Florence's kids. They're ALWAYS getting ripped off!

Miss Ross takes good care of the Ballard kids from what I understand..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Well , that's nice, but these "children" are middle aged adults now. Somewhere along the way, they should have found or been given the tools to take care of themselves. At this point, they should no longer be regarded as victumns.

By all means, these "girls" are grandmothers. Hardly the children they're remembered to be.

Just looked up Flo's Wikipedia: Nichole and Michelle are 50 and Lisa is 47. They have kids and grandkids now.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Well , that's nice, but these "children" are middle aged adults now. Somewhere along the way, they should have found or been given the tools to take care of themselves. At this point, they should no longer be regarded as victumns.
    Nicole's son is a rapper with several videos of his work up on Youtube.

Just looked up Flo's Wikipedia: Nichole and Michelle are 50 and Lisa is 47. They have kids and grandkids now.
    Time flies doesn't it?

Here is the Autopsy that was aired on television. The station that aired it is not commonly available to many people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGfqBXN82xA

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Here is the Autopsy that was aired on television. The station that aired it is not commonly available to many people.

Thank you Woodward! We don't get Reelz on our cable system.

Originally Posted by woodward

Thank you Woodward! We don't get Reelz on our cable system.
    Reelz isnt on your cable or on most cable systems but yesterday you were predicting it would be seen globally and a new generation would find out how Diane and Berry "supposedly" stabbed Florence in the back. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You cant even keep your own tall tales straight. Heheheheheheheheh

Originally Posted by woodward

Reelz isnt on your cable or on most cable systems but yesterday you were predicting it would be seen globally and a new generation would find out how Diane and Berry "supposedly" stabbed Florence in the back. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You cant even keep your own tall tales straight. Heheheheheheheheh
    That comment seems to have someone I've blocked but it seems kinda Trumpy in its twisted logic! [['I didn't meet, but if I did meet, which I did, I did not collude, which is not even a crime even if I did, which maybe I did but HILLARY CLINTON!)
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I do think it's commonly well understand that our Miss Ross is the most generous of Motowners so I would not be surprised at this.

Thanks Roberta for the docu.

I noticed the first mistake: August 1975?!?!

It was August 1974!!! The fact it started with that, you know it's gonna be all wrong! WTH!?! I may have erred that Magic Mountain was AT Disneyland, but they messed up far worst!

Disrespect to Flo!

Also 1957 being the date of her rape incident when it was 1960??? JFC...

One surprise is she had a boyfriend prior to Tommy. Marrying Roger Pearson could've changed things too.
    Last edited by midnightman; 08-05-2018 at 08:10 PM.

I wonder if the show made mention that rumour has it that Mary fought a floated-Flo return to the Supremes idea due to her own insecurity, knowing that Flo was so much more popular than Mary? It was similar to the way Mary poisoned Cindy out of RTL.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-05-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I wonder if the show made mention that rumour has it that Mary fought a floated-Flo return to the Supremes idea due to her own insecurity, knowing that Flo was so much more popular than Mary? It was similar to the way Mary poisoned Cindy out of RTL.
    You're grasping! Florence could not come back to the Supremes whether Mary Wilson wanted it or not. The Supremes were still signed to Motown and Berry Gordy still owned Motown! There was no way he was letting Florence Ballard back in! Get out of Dodge with that mess..........LOL!

I loved also how they examined tabloid theories before coming to the conclusion that her death was from an un-diagnosed disease that wasn't hereditary resulting in how the autopsy determined it was coronary thrombosis that took her out at just 32 years old. They really thought that brown substance was suspicious? Jesus. And they keep repeating 5'11 [[least the doctor is), but she looked shorter than that!

I imagine for The Supremes, it was the same. No one was here for Florence's efforts, Diana performed to half-filled audiences and when Mary released her solo efforts, she was shrugged off.
    Well the three of them entered into solo careers under different circumstances. Flo had the unfortunate situation of not being able to capitalize off of her time as a Supreme. While diehard fans knew each of the girls' names, the general public did not, not even Diana's until the group's name change. Flo also debuted with what most people think was never going to be a hit record. Couple that with the fact that her solo career in nearly every way was mismanaged and it's no surprise that she didn't come out of the gate taking the music world by storm.

I think Mary would have had a better showing- bad album and all- had Motown been behind her. Also Mary seemed to suffer from mismanagement also, even being stunted by her own inability to see the possibilities. I still believe perhaps the number one career mistake Mary made was that she didn't use Dreamgirl to capitalize on a recording career. She probably would've gotten at least a top 20 hit on anything just from the djs spinning her single off of the publicity from the book.

On the other hand, when Diana hit the scene she might as well have had a full military backing. She had the whole Motown machine- and Mr. Motown himself- behind her, basically two years of a solo test run [[as a Supreme) and still people weren't paying her much attention. Thankfully A&S had the genius idea to rework "Aint No Mountain High Enough" to fit Ross and the rest is history.

I don't trust Peter for some reason.
    Neither do I. He's a sensationalist, not someone interested in the whole truth. When his Flo book came out, I asked him why didn't he include the information about Diana trying to save Flo's house. He asked me what evidence is there that this happened and I told him the truth, that the only info I had about it was from JRandyT's book in which it is claimed that the canceled check existed. His response to me was that if I could produce that check he'd add it to a future update of the book. It was at that point that I knew what I was dealing with. Now, is there a check for Flo's home from Diana? Was there ever? I don't know. At this point it's hearsay and really only ever mentioned by JRandyT. Not saying he made it up, it could have been told to him, just saying that's where the information comes from. But Peter included lots of things in his book that was hearsay, so I could only wonder what made this particular hearsay less worthy of being included than any other? Well of course the answer to that is that if you suggest that Diana tried to help Flo, she doesn't look so much like the evil bitch he wanted to portray. Clearly that was the angle he was going for, the "look what Diana did to Florence" angle. There was even a passage in the book in which he accused Diana of taking a swipe at Flo's family about them only taking from Flo and not giving anything back, when in fact it was Mary who wrote that in her second book. I'm forever grateful that Benjaminson wrote the book and got it published, but he aint shit in my book. Just another someone using an angle to make some cash. I prefer a book written by someone with no skin in the game but only interested in the truth.

Peter did say there was some things on the tapes that Flo said about other artists that he didn't want to release as some of the people were still alive. I never understood what difference that made. Of the things Flo said about Gordy, Ross and Wilson, who are all still alive, why should anyone else have been off limits? Salacious or not, I still would love to hear the full interview, although I suspect we never will as we might hear things about Diana that aren't all so negative.

And that's the problem. That and the fact that, for some others, if there is blame to put on Diana, they don't want to hear it. The Supremes were human. There was enough blame about what was going on to go around. Flo was a victim but she wasn't innocent. Diana damn sure was innocent, but she wasn't evil either. But it seems like folks prefer to join the Flo Victim Club [[also known as the Diana Bitch Club) or the Diana Naturally Rose To Her Position Club [[also known as the Flo Wasn't Nothing More Than An Ooh Ahh'er Who Should Have Been Glad To Do Even That Club).

My guess is NONE. I feel sorry for Florence's kids. They're ALWAYS getting ripped off!
    I think a portion of the profits did go to the girls. How big a portion I don't know, but according to Benjaminson the girls received profits from the book.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I don't believe Diana does anything for them unless they ask. A couple years ago Lisa mentioned on Facebook that she actually hadn't been in contact with Diana for a few years. Those women seem to be standing on their own. What wouldn't surprise me is that if the girls need Diana- or Mary- for anything, that the two women do what they can. It would come as no surprise to me that if Diana or Mary weren't around and Flo was still here that she would do what she could for Diana and Mary's children. But Diana taking care of Flo's children is nothing more than feeding into a negative narrative of Flo's children while trying to uplift Diana in the process. I call bullshit. [[Not on you Milven, but the comment you responded to.)

One surprise is she had a boyfriend prior to Tommy. Marrying Roger Pearson could've changed things too.
    Florence had several boyfriends prior to Tommy. I've never believed Pearson was anything more than a friend and fan.

I have a great idea! The Gaye family can finance a Florence movie with the $ they will from law suits, then when the movie is completed they can sue the film makers!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Florence had several boyfriends prior to Tommy. I've never believed Pearson was anything more than a friend and fan.
    Yeah, when I saw the show, he definitely sound more fanboy-ish.

And that's the problem. That and the fact that, for some others, if there is blame to put on Diana, they don't want to hear it. The Supremes were human. There was enough blame about what was going on to go around. Flo was a victim but she wasn't innocent. Diana damn sure was innocent, but she wasn't evil either. But it seems like folks prefer to join the Flo Victim Club [[also known as the Diana Bitch Club) or the Diana Naturally Rose To Her Position Club [[also known as the Flo Wasn't Nothing More Than An Ooh Ahh'er Who Should Have Been Glad To Do Even That Club).
    Yeah, like I said, the Supremes were very young women just learning about things so naturally they would clash even if it was over little stuff. And they were far from the only act to deal with issues while they were still green to the business they had agreed to get into. Diana, Flo and Mary were wide-eyed kids who probably thought that what they did was right at the time.

Peter did say there was some things on the tapes that Flo said about other artists that he didn't want to release as some of the people were still alive. I never understood what difference that made. Of the things Flo said about Gordy, Ross and Wilson, who are all still alive, why should anyone else have been off limits? Salacious or not, I still would love to hear the full interview, although I suspect we never will as we might hear things about Diana that aren't all so negative.
    Now that's interesting! Why did he leave those out? What were they aimed at? I wonder if she had something negative to say about Mary Wells since that was another subject Peter made into a biography. Or Smokey. Or whatever. I did noticed more audio from the Autopsy show but it seemed all of it was aimed at Berry, who is still pretty much alive at 89.

I don't believe Diana does anything for them unless they ask. A couple years ago Lisa mentioned on Facebook that she actually hadn't been in contact with Diana for a few years. Those women seem to be standing on their own. What wouldn't surprise me is that if the girls need Diana- or Mary- for anything, that the two women do what they can. It would come as no surprise to me that if Diana or Mary weren't around and Flo was still here that she would do what she could for Diana and Mary's children. But Diana taking care of Flo's children is nothing more than feeding into a negative narrative of Flo's children while trying to uplift Diana in the process. I call bullshit. [[Not on you Milven, but the comment you responded to.)
    memory is cloudy here but i believe Diana recently covered the medical expenses for one of the girls. i dont know if it was cancer, an operation or what now. but i believe she paid for everything

Diana has been generous with them over the years but they are adults and should be able to support themselves. She established trusts for them upon Flo's death. now whether or not they've been able to really benefit from that money, i don't know. They seem to have made their lives and are living them.

They might be living comfortably in Detroit now?

I know at one point one of them had to apply for welfare though so it may not be all of them?

at the end of the day, Florence Ballard, God love her, destroyed Florence Ballard..no one forced her to smoke, no one forced her to drink, no one forced her to put on weight etc. we all have disappointments in life, big and small, and how we react is the choice/choices we make.. period..

Well her bouts with depression were pretty well known but she was really trying in the last year and a half of her life. She really was!

She didn't know she was killing herself.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    memory is cloudy here but i believe Diana recently covered the medical expenses for one of the girls. i dont know if it was cancer, an operation or what now. but i believe she paid for everything

Diana has been generous with them over the years but they are adults and should be able to support themselves. She established trusts for them upon Flo's death. now whether or not they've been able to really benefit from that money, i don't know. They seem to have made their lives and are living them.
    According to J. Randy's last book, one of the twins had a benign brain tumor. The morning of the surgery, Diana called and prayed with her. Then she offered to pay her medical expenses, which she did.

The youngest daughter, Lisa, has a Facebook page. At one point, someone wrote something not so nice about Diana. Lisa said that she respected the person's opinion, but loved Diana and concentrated on how Diana treated she and her sisters.

They might be living comfortably in Detroit now?

I know at one point one of them had to apply for welfare though so it may not be all of them?
    I think during the interview they did with Inside Edition[[?) around 2007, all of them stated they were receiving assistance. Lots of people have to turn to welfare to make ends meet. When you consider the possibilities of how much Flo's music makes in royalties, it sucks that her children are not reaping those benefits, no matter how "small" the benefits are now. The royalties certainly weren't always small. But Flo's girls seem to be doing okay. They probably have a lot of their mother in them, falling down but finding a way to bounce back.

I think during the interview they did with Inside Edition[[?) around 2007, all of them stated they were receiving assistance. Lots of people have to turn to welfare to make ends meet. When you consider the possibilities of how much Flo's music makes in royalties, it sucks that her children are not reaping those benefits, no matter how "small" the benefits are now. The royalties certainly weren't always small. But Flo's girls seem to be doing okay. They probably have a lot of their mother in them, falling down but finding a way to bounce back.
    Lisa has a real good job at an automotive affiliatted company in Detroit which I wont name to respect her privacy. Lisa is doing real well and just saw Mary in Detroit at the River concert and saw Diana at Chene Park in the fall of 2106. Lisa loves both Diana and Mary.

Cool to hear about Lisa!

Right. They all do seem to be doing well regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I never heard that, but I doubt that Mary wanted Flo back anyway. Mary was trying to be the star of the group and adding Flo would kill that idea. I don’t think Gordy would let a Flo back in unless she was totally clean and together - plus able to raise her kids and tour. Lotsa ifs here. She could have replaced Lynda, but even if she did come back - she wasn’t gonna be the lead. It would have helped the group a great deal if she did cone back as, next to Diana, she was by far the fave of all Supremes.