Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
Methinks a lot of people take delight in this ruling only because Robin Thicke was involved. And, the only reason people don't like Robin Thicke is because he so publicly cheated on his wife. And I wonder, why is he singled out? So many of our famed and favorite artists publically cheat on their spouses, and they aren't vilified like Thicke is. hell, even Marvin Gaye cheated on his first wife.

Is it because "Blurred Lines" is a contemporary song? Artists get sued all the time for copyright infringement.

Is it the song "Blurred Lines" lyrics, which some people believe are misogynist? There have been worse songs in history.
Not for me. It's not about Robin Thicke for me [[his dad was a favorite of mine from way back). For me it is about borrowing without authorization or compensation. Marvin Gaye was an original. He made a lot of people happy [[and some wealthy
) with his music and talents. He worked hard! His family should benefit from his talent and labor. I can promise you that Alan Thicke left something to Robin Thicke and his brother. Promise!