[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cissy has issued a statement on behalf of herself and Dionne, about the film and the allegations made against Dee Dee. Everything she is saying is very fair and I can't disagree.

https://people.com/music/whitney-hou...e-dee-warwick/

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Cissy has issued a statement on behalf of herself and Dionne, about the film and the allegations made against Dee Dee. Everything she is saying is very fair and I can't disagree.

https://people.com/music/whitney-hou...e-dee-warwick/
    While understandable in this case, denial is a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Yes, sounds like denial for sure. I only think that it is unfortunate that the entire situation could not have been handled better, amongst the various members of the family. Gary admitted he was abused by Dee Dee in the film, and Cissy and Dionne only found out two days before the first screening, likely when they were watching the film for the first time. Sounds like Gary and Pat are not on speaking terms with the rest of them. She doesn't seem to address Gary's confession at all in her statement.

Much as I love and admire Cissy Houston shes the one who told Oprah Winfrey that shed never accept her daughter Whitney as a lesbian lady. If Whitney had been allowed to have an open and loving relationship she would still be alive today imho. Miss Cissy showed her homophobic side to Oprah and thats not real Christian imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Much as I love and admire Cissy Houston shes the one who told Oprah Winfrey that shed never accept her daughter Whitney as a lesbian lady. If Whitney had been allowed to have an open and loving relationship she would still be alive today imho. Miss Cissy showed her homophobic side to Oprah and thats not real Christian imo.
    Whitney moved with Robyn immediately after graduation because she and Cissy were at odds if it's true that it was because Cissy cheated on her father though her father had cheated on her as well. Just a mess. And I'm sure she had issues because Robyn was openly gay. But yeah Cissy was one of those old school religious folk...

We do not know if Whitney was a lesbian or a bi.

We do not know if Whitney was a lesbian or a bi.
    Lesbian lady or Bisexual lady it wouldnt matter to Cissy because of her church views on same sex relationships which i couldnt be more opposed to.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 07-12-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Lesbian lady or Bisexual lady it wouldnt matter to Cissy because of her church views on same sex relationships which i couldnt be more opposed to.
    I have no use for religion, the church, or a lot of so-called christians anyway, so...