[REMOVE ADS]

Donna Summer #1 Dance and Diana Greatest Gainer

The queens of disco doing it still after all these years.

They sure are. I saw the dreadful Donna Summer broadway show and the music kept us from walking out... and no intermission!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    They sure are. I saw the dreadful Donna Summer broadway show and the music kept us from walking out... and no intermission!
    Yeah I heard it was bad too. Wasn't Donna at one point supposed to be the producer and writer behind the Broadway play? I read somewhere she was going to use her life story as one. Looks like they only did a half assed job with it.

Don't think Donna would be pleased.

Not sure. Her husband was technical consultant so that may account for some of sanitizing the story, what there was of it.

Not sure. Her husband was technical consultant so that may account for some of sanitizing the story, what there was of it.
    Ugh Bruce... he was a great collaborator with Donna but someone should've told him not to put his stamp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Ugh Bruce... he was a great collaborator with Donna but someone should've told him not to put his stamp on it.
    I must say that I enjoyed it. I don't think the reviews have been all that great, but I guess audiences have been satisfied enough to keep it running through 2019. I hope to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I must say that I enjoyed it. I don't think the reviews have been all that great, but I guess audiences have been satisfied enough to keep it running through 2019. I hope to see it again.
    Oh! Well in that case, it must be doing good box office then!

It’s at 71 % capacity. Not a great indication of going on much longer. Most musicals are doing much better than that

From what I read in the NY area papers it's been doing fairly well, particularly with a 'girl's night out' crowd.

It’s at 71 % capacity. Not a great indication of going on much longer. Most musicals are doing much better than that
    71% don't seem that bad. IMHO anyway.

It is not that bad. In fact, it is about average for many shows, especially some long-running shows But the fact that SUMMER is a fairly new show, and it is selling less and less tickets each week is not a good sign for continued success. This week it went down another six percent to 65%.

The show is unlikely to last much longer. 65% is not profitable, especially since most tickets are sold the same day at half-price.

It’s toast. It’ll never see Labor Day. It must be losing money being heavily st TKTS so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    It’s toast. It’ll never see Labor Day. It must be losing money being heavily st TKTS so soon.
    Oh OK so it is a flop then.