[REMOVE ADS]

Tribute Set For Aretha Franklin, 53rd Annual Grammy Awards

I would love to see FANTASIA,as a part of this tribute to MISS.FRANKLIN.
    Please stay positive

miss_lish Guest
    Jennifer's new song, Where You At? is the fashizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I would love to see FANTASIA,as a part of this tribute to MISS.FRANKLIN.
    Please stay positive
    I would love to see Melinda Doolittle as a part of this tribute.

I'm more looking forward to the new and improved Aretha Franklin - apparently she lost more than 125 pounds.

miss_lish Guest
    Miss Ree-Ree will be beamed in, midnightman.

Not sure about Halle playing her in the Bio......but my grand, PrincessD will be first in line to play her as a kid. I've been teasing her about the resemblance since she was about 6.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Miss Ree-Ree will be beamed in, midnightman.
    You trying to be funny? lol no they'll show her on the teleprompter or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    Not sure about Halle playing her in the Bio......but my grand, PrincessD will be first in line to play her as a kid. I've been teasing her about the resemblance since she was about 6.
    You don't have to worry about Ms. Berry. Aretha may get Jennifer to do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I'm more looking forward to the new and improved Aretha Franklin - apparently she lost more than 125 pounds.
    125 pounds? Why such a drastic weight loss in such a short time?

^ I have no idea but she lost weight in 2009 and earlier this year too.

Aretha re-emerged tonight at the Detroit Pistons game:

]Aretha Franklin attends Pistons game with Rev. Jesse Jackson

The Pistons’ marquee home game of the season — the Miami Heat’s first appearance at the Palace — drew a host of big and semi-big names tonight.

That included Aretha Franklin, who sat next to the Rev. Jesse Jackson in her highest profile public appearance since her health scare late last year. She called a boisterous reception she received from fans “fabulous.”

“I feel great,” she told the Free Press. “It’s great to get back out. The reaction from everyone here has been fabulous.”

Jackson, a good friend, referred to her as a “national treasure.”

Was watching Wendy Williams the other day and she looked in the camera and said Jennifer Hudson, this could be your big audition. Hopefully ReRe will see the light on that but nevertheless, looking forward to the tribute.

^ I have no idea but she lost weight in 2009 and earlier this year too.

Aretha re-emerged tonight at the Detroit Pistons game:

]Aretha Franklin attends Pistons game with Rev. Jesse Jackson

The Pistons’ marquee home game of the season — the Miami Heat’s first appearance at the Palace — drew a host of big and semi-big names tonight.

That included Aretha Franklin, who sat next to the Rev. Jesse Jackson in her highest profile public appearance since her health scare late last year. She called a boisterous reception she received from fans “fabulous.”

“I feel great,” she told the Free Press. “It’s great to get back out. The reaction from everyone here has been fabulous.”

Jackson, a good friend, referred to her as a “national treasure.”
    WOW UMMM Aretha...well glad to see her out and about

^ Well she IS 68 years old now so obviously if you lose weight like that you're gonna look like that. Gastric bypass can be almost a death wish for someone of Aretha's age...assuming this is what she got done [[though she already lost weight prior to the surgery).
    Last edited by midnightman; 02-12-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks Midnightman!!!

^ Welcome.

Maybe saying Aretha has lost around 125 l
    bs. was stretching it. She does look different in the face and she looks healthy.

just wondering if she followed her buddy Twinkie Clark getting Gatro surgery..Was it ever confirmed she had pancreatic cancer .And why would she wait so late to under go that type of risky procedure
    Last edited by abfan; 02-12-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    Maybe saying Aretha has lost around 125 lbs. was stretching it. She does look different in the face and she looks healthy.
    Yeah but she did lose more than 100 though lol people forget how huge she was. She said she's down to a size 16. It kinda shows here.

miss_lish Guest
    Miss Lish is waiting for the fans to crucify her for how she looks similar to they way they crucified Diana Ross; where's all the bile now?

Aretha looks real good and I am very happy to see her dating a preacher. The Lord truly does take care of his own.

I personally think she looks good too. I don't know if she and Jesse are dating though lol

I personally think she looks good too. I don't know if she and Jesse are dating though lol
    Well they look real cute together and if they are both single and the good Lord brought them together well it is his will.

The book of John says: "Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth"

Here's a slim-looking young Aretha killing it on "I Say a Little Prayer" in 1970:

That Pic is beautiful of Chris Bosh holding her hand.And for those talk about her dating Jesse isnt that her man in the back ground

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    That Pic is beautiful of Chris Bosh holding her hand.And for those talk about her dating Jesse isnt that her man in the back ground
    abfan,I think you're right that is man in the background. Don't argue with those haters it ain't worth it.

However the Queen looks good and it so great to see her out in public again. All hail the Queen of Soul...Ms. Aretha Franklin!!!

smark21 Guest
    All in all the tribute wasn't that bad. I was expecting an orgy of oversinging, but there wasn't too much. I was impressed with Yolanda Adams and Florence Welch especially. And I enjoyed the Americana music performances by Mumford & Sons and The Avett Bros, who were then joined by Dylan at the end, who was well, Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    All in all the tribute wasn't that bad. I was expecting an orgy of oversinging, but there wasn't too much. I was impressed with Yolanda Adams and Florence Welch especially. And I enjoyed the Americana music performances by Mumford & Sons and The Avett Bros, who were then joined by Dylan at the end, who was well, Dylan.
    May I ask you if Miss Franklin and her partner the Reverent Jesse Jackson appeared at the Grammy Awards tonight smark21?

^ Uh, no. Aretha taped a video message. The video definitely shows the weight loss.

^ Uh, no. Aretha taped a video message. The video definitely shows the weight loss.
    If Aretha's healthy I am real happy.

Roberta75 u might wanna head ova to the motown forum and dip n on a DR thread..No one but u is looking for a aretha Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Roberta75 u might wanna head ova to the motown forum and dip n on a DR thread..No one but u is looking for a aretha Bashing
    I have nothing but love for Miss Franklin abfan. The book of Romans says the following.

"They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips"

Please think in future before you accuse people of malice and wrong doing.

Please think in future before you accuse people of malice and wrong doing.
    Well u dont say??? wow would'nt that be what ur doing here