[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    I like the Andantes sound, but I think they should have been their own band rather then being used in place of Mary and Cindy. I never understood why the Andantes were content with being backup singers when they could have achieved so much more as a band rather then oohing and aaahing in the background of Diana Ross.

When it comes down to it, the Andantes were unofficial Supremes in how much they sang in the DRATs years. I wonder if maybe Gordy should have replaced Diana with Cindy and added Jean, kept Flo, and worked with that as the new Supremes, and then made Diana and the Andantes a thing. Everybody happy then, and we get to be happy because of all the tunes they made. Diana and the Andantes make a wonderful match, as proven by amazing numbers like Love Child, Livin' in Shame, Forever Came Today, No Matter What Sign you Are, Treat me Right John Henry [[my personal fave) and Someday We'll Be Together.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppelia-Birdsong View Post
    I like the Andantes sound, but I think they should have been their own band rather then being used in place of Mary and Cindy. I never understood why the Andantes were content with being backup singers when they could have achieved so much more as a band rather then oohing and aaahing in the background of Diana Ross.

When it comes down to it, the Andantes were unofficial Supremes in how much they sang in the DRATs years. I wonder if maybe Gordy should have replaced Diana with Cindy and added Jean, kept Flo, and worked with that as the new Supremes, and then made Diana and the Andantes a thing. Everybody happy then, and we get to be happy because of all the tunes they made. Diana and the Andantes make a wonderful match, as proven by amazing numbers like Love Child, Livin' in Shame, Forever Came Today, No Matter What Sign you Are, Treat me Right John Henry [[my personal fave) and Someday We'll Be Together.
    You do know the Andantes didn’t sing on No Matter What Sign you Are, Treat me Right John Henry and Someday We'll Be Together