Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
She is famous because of her time as the lead singer of The Supremes.

I hear "I'm Coming Out" much more than "Upside Down". Part of it could be that "I'm Coming Out" was used by The Notorious B.I.G. for his hit "Mo Money, Mo Problems" in 1997.

If I hear a Diana Ross hit today, it is almost always "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".

Either you're not in the U.S. or you're on drugs.

Now I know you're on drugs! Aside from "Lady Marmalade", She is well known for her 80s hit "On My Own" with Michael McDonald.

Are you sure those drugs you took weren't laced with something else? LOL!

This is the funniest post i've read in years!

I'm beginning to wonder what your age is. Chaka Khan well known as the lead singer of Rufus in the 70s and early 80s. Remember "Tell Me Something Good", "Sweet Thing" and especially "Ain't Nobody"? However, it is too bad no one seems to remember her excellent solo debut single "I'm Every Woman" in 1978. Now the younger crowd thinks it's a Whitney Houston original.

OK, so you aren't in the U.S.. Donna Summer certainly did not disappear after 1983! She had another major hit in 1989 with "This Time I Know It's For real", courtesy of Stock/Aitken/Waterman.

This is a major problem on this forum: We have members in both Europe/U.K., and in the Americas. The music scenes are very different in these respective locations. We like to think they are somewhat the same, but they aren't, and when people don't disclose this in their posts, it causes a lot more confusion and arguments that needn't happen.

Obviously, I look at this all from the U.S. perspective, and all of these artists are from the U.S.. I gather that Ross, and Motown, in general, are more revered in Europe/U.K. than in their native land. Hate to say it, but racial politics plays a role in that.
He is from France. If you asked him who are or were the biggest selling artist there, it would most likely surprise you.