[REMOVE ADS]

[[I'm a) Road Runner

One of Jr. Walker's best and funkiest tracks!

Great track! my pers JW fav is What Does It Take?...Fleetwood Mac covered Roadrunner with tons of harmonica on their Penguin LP from '74....before Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham joined.

Without a doubt my favorite Junion Walker tune and one that is definitely on my list of Top 10 Motown singles of all time!

Wouldn't make my top 10 for all of Motown but definitely my favorite Junior Walker track!!!

Yes it is. Still gets me pumped up all these years [[and summers) later to do some long distance driving.

I still prefer "Do The Boomerang".

One of the best dance records of all time. Of course, Jr. Walker was FUNKY..Shotgun, Shake & Fingerpop, Do The Bomerang all GREAT dance records. If you have a house party & put one of those records on you will get people up & movin.

Love Jr Walker. His records were played at all my dance parties. Everyone loves his music.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    One of the best dance records of all time. Of course, Jr. Walker was FUNKY..Shotgun, Shake & Fingerpop, Do The Bomerang all GREAT dance records. If you have a house party & put one of those records on you will get people up & movin.
    You left out one of his BEST house party records........."How Sweet It Is to be Loved by You"! That one even has the house party built into it! LOL!

I always forget how fantastic this song is. A Junior Walker track I kinda forget about and don't play enough. I love the sassy brass and the twangy guitar especially!!!

This song is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    One of Jr. Walker's best and funkiest tracks!
    Oh yeah! Easily one of my favorite Jr cuts. They cut up with that one.

And then there's Barbara Randolph. Junior has it obviously but a nice version by Barbara.

"[[I'm A) Road Runner" appears on both the "Shotgun" and the "Road Runner" albums, but the latter must at the least be a different mix as the piano is more prominent.

When Motown showed it could get as funky as Stax and James...

My favorite Junior Walker number!

When I first heard it on the radio I was sold. Even on a tinny car radio.

Such a lineup: Willie Woods' guitar licks, James Jamerson's bass, Earl Van Dyke's [[I think) piano, and Mike Terry's booming baritone sax, all parlaying with Walker's signature tenor sax, all just came ripping right through those tiny little speakers.

I went right out, bought the single and quickly wore it out. I believe the only other HDH song Walker did as a single was the cover of "How Sweet It Is." Production credits for "Road Runner" went to Brian & Lamont. They should have collaborated with Walker more often. It was a good pairing.
    Last edited by BigAl; 05-26-2018 at 10:55 AM.