[REMOVE ADS]

FUNK BROTHERS Unreleased

Want to hear some great Motown Music? Check this out:

Great find Marv2. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Great find Marv2. Thanks for sharing.
    You're most welcome Motown Eddie. I love it!

Thanks for the post, Marv.

I remember I wished for decades that I could hear just the instrumental versions of my favourite Motown tracks, to add extra insight into those recordings.

These heard in the clip here would all seem to be rhythm/band tracks from Ivy Hunter productions? He often favoured the flute and piccolo - usually played by Dayna Hartwick?

Great to have Gladys & The Pips more clearly heard here on 'You'. Always wondered if they, for fun, really got together with Marvin for the session - or if GK&P ever recorded the song, in full or part, and Marvin's voice was then simply dubbed onto their own background vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Thanks for the post, Marv.

I remember I wished for decades that I could hear just the instrumental versions of my favourite Motown tracks, to add extra insight into those recordings.

These heard in the clip here would all seem to be rhythm/band tracks from Ivy Hunter productions? He often favoured the flute and piccolo - usually played by Dayna Hartwick?

Great to have Gladys & The Pips more clearly heard here on 'You'. Always wondered if they, for fun, really got together with Marvin for the session - or if GK&P ever recorded the song, in full or part, and Marvin's voice was then simply dubbed onto their own background vocals.
    Westgrandboulevard, I believe you are right. I believe that these unreleased tracks came from the same source as the Ivy Jo Hunter unreleased tracks I posted in his thread early. I love listening to the Funk Brothers instrumentals. They were indeed special to the "Motown Sound". Too many times people want to give the vocalists all the credit when we can clearly see or hear that it was very much a team effort with the Funk Brothers in fact holding up the front line. Their work was so good that just about any competent vocalist would have hit on this material.

[QUOTE=marv2;455651]Want to hear some great Motown Music]

Thanks Marv! Really sounds good on my new speakers.

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;456015]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Want to hear some great Motown Music]

Thanks Marv! Really sounds good on my new speakers.
    Anytime DET! I need to get some new speakers too. I want to collect as many Motown/Funk Brothers instrumentals as I can now.

[QUOTE=marv2;456027]
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post

Anytime DET! I need to get some new speakers too. I want to collect as many Motown/Funk Brothers instrumentals as I can now.
    My brother is an electronic genious. He built me a new system where I can separate voice from the music including the backgrounds. He also builds robots if u ever need one lol!

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;456071]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    My brother is an electronic genious. He built me a new system where I can separate voice from the music including the backgrounds. He also builds robots if u ever need one lol!
    Can he make a robot to go to work for me? LOL! The speakers sound excellent. You have a good brother.

Once again Marv2 sincere thanks for a great thread, in particular with regard the "Funks soundtrack"! Whilst I've been lucky enough to visit 2648 West Grand Boulevard, and moreover to witness the remaining Funk Brothers concert at Manchester Apollo some years back...... I yearn for more.....

Hey Marv2, thank you from the pit of my heart for this.Simply priceless musical 100% single malt insights. And absolutely amazing picsmost of which I’ve never seen in decades of Motown love. You’re a BIG man tohave shared this. Merci beaucoup

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTony View Post
    Hey Marv2, thank you from the pit of my heart for this.Simply priceless musical 100% single malt insights. And absolutely amazing picsmost of which I’ve never seen in decades of Motown love. You’re a BIG man tohave shared this. Merci beaucoup
    BritishTony, Wow! Vous êtes les bienvenus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilxy View Post
    Once again Marv2 sincere thanks for a great thread, in particular with regard the "Funks soundtrack"! Whilst I've been lucky enough to visit 2648 West Grand Boulevard, and moreover to witness the remaining Funk Brothers concert at Manchester Apollo some years back...... I yearn for more.....
    You are most welcome Wilxy. It really is something special.