[REMOVE ADS]

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Well...

As for an apology is concerned, I guess that this revelation serves to shoot my question straight to hell. This seems to suggest that in some instances rather than attempting to be fair, in the future I'll simply mind my business. On the face of this, it would appear that the apology is mine to make. Please consider this an apology issued!

Otherwise, I'm heading out to take my jacket to the cleaners in order to have the tire tracks from the bus removed.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-22-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Juice, fuck the apology. Go to midnight johnny's thread and listen to the music. There are a lot of pretenders here. Cut them out and get back to the Detroit basics.

Exactly. Use the ignore function and happy days will be here again!

PENNY????

I've never seen a post like that from you before! But, the music sounds like the best approach.

Carlo:

I never place anyone on ignore. I'm not remotely upset about any of this. A little disappointed perhaps, but not angry.

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Well...

As for an apology is concerned, I guess that this revelation serves to shoot my question straight to hell. This seems to suggest that in some instances rather than attempting to be fair, in the future I'll simply mind my business. On the face of this, it would appear that the apology is mine to make. Please consider this an apology issued!

Otherwise, I'm heading out to take my jacket to the cleaners in order to have the tire tracks from the bus removed.
    Juice, I couldn't understand what you meant above until I went back a few pages and read this from you:

...Should the Oprah appearance play out exactly as, or reasonably close to what Topdiva has stated, will anyone here be decent enough to offer an apology to Topdiva?...
    You don't owe anyone an apology. It's a good quality to have given Top Diva the benefit of a doubt that he was telling the truth. But now we know that Top Diva was lying. His credibility on this board is now zilch, and the respect most of us have for you has escalated.

Now back to the music

Here I am!

Milven:

Thank you. Your words are much appreciated

topdiva1 Guest
    Milven:

Thank you. Your words are much appreciated

As are yours.

As are whose?

Nous espérons tous que pour mieux jours à venir!

En effet, je souhaite des jours meilleurs, comme welll

Oh vous bénisse, juicefree. En effet, une meilleure jours à venir!

topdiva1 Guest
    As are whose?
    I am sorry - I should have made may statement clearer - I was speaking only about you in this instance - and I thank you for the thought.

Top Diva, Perhaps I am confused. Are you thanking Juicefree for these words?

Well...

My interpretation is that Juice asked the members to wait before attacking you until after the show was aired and proof of what you said about the telecast existed. He then asked if we would apologize to you had you proven yourself right. In the interim, you admitted that you made the whole thing up. In the quote above, Juice needlessly apologized to the board for asking us to trust you and then said that he had tire marks on his jacket caused by you throwing him under the bus.

Considering that the guy stood up for you while others didn't, it would be big of you to apologize to him and perhaps even pay for his cleaning bill to remove the bus tire marks from his jacket.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Top Diva, Perhaps I am confused. Are you thanking Juicefree for these words?

My interpretation is that Juice asked the members to wait before attacking you until after the show was aired and proof of what you said about the telecast existed. He then asked if we would apologize to you had you proven yourself right. In the interim, you admitted that you made the whole thing up. In the quote above, Juice needlessly apologized to the board for asking us to trust you and then said that he had tire marks on his jacket caused by you throwing him under the bus.

Considering that the guy stood up for you while others didn't, it would be big of you to apologize to him and perhaps even pay for his cleaning bill to remove the bus tire marks from his jacket.
    I was apologizing to Juice for standing up for me - prior to me exposing my ROUSE - I will gladly pay for his cleaning bill. For I understand how they throw him under the bus - but that is typical of some here.

So the apologies are for JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milven:

Thank you.

That's kinda how I felt about it!

TopDiva:

Apology accepted. But please, next time let's not lean toward subterfuge. There's no need to because we all know who we are.

Then again, I haven't exactly been myself these days, so who knows!

Blueskies:

Que Dieu vous bénisse aussi! C'est une chose que nous pourrions tous utiliser un tas de!

D'accord???

Mon mieux pour vous et les vôtres!!!

I believe that everyone should be happy about this event & as far as I can see, this lines up to be one of those "once in a lifetime" moments that all Supremes fans should enjoy & appreciate.

Tempus Fugit!

We're losing too many important people from our past & far too quickly, at that! Who knows if you'll get to see something like this in a prime slot like this again? Hopefully, the true fans will close their eyes, reflect a bit & just remember those great days when 3 girls from Detroit ruled the world.

Long before most of us learned more than we ever wanted to learn.

Ciao! come stai oggi?

Buongiorno Marv,

Non ho lamentele. La sua ora di dormire. Grazie al cielo per la traduzione!

juicefree......Je ne suis certainement, d'accord! Ces jours...nous pourrions tous utiliser toutes les bénédictions nous pouvons obtenir! Je vais prendre mine et passer quelques sur vous et le vôtre!

Blueskies,

Je sentais que ce serait bien de causer avec vous dans votre langue. Malheureusement, je' sais seulement un peu de français que j'ai pris à l'école. Je suis seulement en mesure de répondre à la plupart de ce avec l'aide de la traduction. Je pense que c'est assez cool d'essayer de se rappeler quelques-unes des vieilles expressions que je connaissais. Je peux même plus me souviens effectivement de cette façon. Unfortunatey, je ne suis pas assez sage pour savoir italienne.

Malheureusement, un génie, je ne suis pas!

Je' vous remercie de votre aimable invitation et retour les souhaits et bonnes pensées pour vous et les vôtres!

Juice

The aim of language is to communicate. I understood what you wrote.

Well done.

John:

Thank you & I hope that no one is thinking that we're saying anything untoward here.

Blueskies wrote something very nice here & knowing that many of our forumers come from various places & spaces, I thought that it might be nice to try to converse with Blueskies in French. For many people, that is a welcome thing.

Plus, it gave me an opportunity to try to remember some of the French that I learned long ago in school & no, it wasn't THAT long ago...then again, perhaps it was! Either way, with the help of a fading memory & a lot of translation help, I hope that I was able to make Blueskies feel a bit more confortable, as French isn't something that we encounter here very often.

I felt that Blueskies offered a nice comment that might have otherwise gone unnoticed & I wanted them to know that it hadn't & was appreciated.

Thank you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    If there are any reunions, it will be with Diana And Billy D. Like the recent episode with Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford.
    Seems Skooldem1 was right. I just saw a promo for Friday's Oprah and the surprise reunion is with Billy Dee Wiliams. Make sure Skool gets the credit for this one.
    We wouldn't want anyone stealing Skool's credit.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-24-2011 at 06:40 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Milven:

Thank you.

That's kinda how I felt about it!

TopDiva:

Apology accepted. But please, next time let's not lean toward subterfuge. There's no need to because we all know who we are.

Then again, I haven't exactly been myself these days, so who knows!

Thanks - I understand.

TopDiva

All is well. Things happen. I've made a few mistakes around here. I'm sure that many would say that I've done so on several occasions. So, I can't aford to throw any stones.

Let the music play & let's keep enjoying these wonderful artists while we still have them amongst us.

Blueskies,

Je sentais que ce serait bien de causer avec vous dans votre langue. Malheureusement, je' sais seulement un peu de français que j'ai pris à l'école. Je suis seulement en mesure de répondre à la plupart de ce avec l'aide de la traduction. Je pense que c'est assez cool d'essayer de se rappeler quelques-unes des vieilles expressions que je connaissais. Je peux même plus me souviens effectivement de cette façon. Unfortunatey, je ne suis pas assez sage pour savoir italienne.

Malheureusement, un génie, je ne suis pas!

Je' vous remercie de votre aimable invitation et retour les souhaits et bonnes pensées pour vous et les vôtres!
    Vous n'avez très bien, jus de fruit. Il est rare nous obtenons à bénéficier de cette sur Soulful à Detroit Forum. Je ne sais pas italien, que ce soit. Jody Foster est très couramment le français. Elle parle avec un mou, accent parisien. Je crois qu'elle vit en France temps partiel grandissent. Elle a également eu un diplôme de français de Yale. J'aime regarder films français sur le film indépendant Canal. Bonne place à la pratique! Retour à la musique!

Blueskies:

Merci beaucoup pour ça, c'est très apprécié. Il était amusant d'essayer de le faire. Malheureusement, j'ai étudié nulle part

En effet ... sur la musique et passez une bonne soirée!

juice....C'était amusant et nous devrons faire de nouveau, quelque part. Je pense d'autres ici parler français, trop? Peut-être nous devrions avoir une section française sur Soulful Detroit Forum? Dans l'intervalle, nous allons garder la musique! Blueskies

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Say what you will; I'd bet my last sequin that Diana Ross would rather welcome into the fold one Mary Wilson than one Tony Turner. Diana Ross has not so much given Turner one THOUGHT since his rehash of "Dreamgirl" was released.

Turner surrounds himself with, God bless them, a list of B and C list celebrities that have managed to build careers out of one or two hits. While lovely and talented, Valerie Holiday is NO Diana Ross. He doesn't have it in him to rub elbows of the elite. He was a passing fancy that made a few bucks out of the good names of a few celebrities. That's all he was, all he is, and all he will ever be.

TRUST.
    No need to insult Valerie Holiday by saying she had "one or two" hits. I thought most people knew that the Three Degrees had many more hits in the UK and Europe than in the US.... in the UK, they had 11 top 40 hits. Hardly one or two.

How in the heck did a post about the Oprah show progress to Valerie Holiday lol!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    How in the heck did a post about the Oprah show progress to Valerie Holiday lol!
    They will be talking about Momar Ghadafi next and determining if he is a bigger Divar than Diana Ross....hehehehehe!

Blueskies

I understand that Jodie Foster has a partner who was of French origin.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Blueskies

I understand that Jodie Foster has a partner who was of French origin.
    I didn't know her partner was of French origin. Makes sense with Jodie's attraction to 'things French'!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    No need to insult Valerie Holiday by saying she had "one or two" hits. I thought most people knew that the Three Degrees had many more hits in the UK and Europe than in the US.... in the UK, they had 11 top 40 hits. Hardly one or two.

Thank you jillfoster for pointing that out - some here would have you believe that Diana Ross and The Supremes are the only ladies that ever had a hit.

And today with Ross being on O they will surely be in Ross heaven - as they watch her an the big O cry and gush.

The Oprah trailer shows Billy Dee Coming out so its not like a spoiler alert so people should not be upset about anyone telling us the goods since its public anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Thank you jillfoster for pointing that out - some here would have you believe that Diana Ross and The Supremes are the only ladies that ever had a hit.

And today with Ross being on O they will surely be in Ross heaven - as they watch her an the big O cry and gush.
    Gushing and crying is better than lying topdiva.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Hello - good morning - it was a ROUSE - a JOKE - perhaps in bad taste, I admit. But please - enjoy Ross today and chill.

Spin spin spin...tell me another lie

Exactly. I have this liar on "IGNORE", but I can only imagine how much backpeddaling is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    LOLz at jillfoster, quoting something I posted a week ago. It must be a slow news day.

I wasn't insulting Valerie Holiday. I am from the US and I only keep up on the US charts. Here, in the US, she only had one or two hits. Okay, maybe three. Not a big difference. As I said, while she is a lovely and talented lady, she is NO Diana Ross.

You obviously missed the whole point of my post.

LOLz at jillfoster, quoting something I posted a week ago. It must be a slow news day.

I wasn't insulting Valerie Holiday. I am from the US and I only keep up on the US charts. Here, in the US, she only had one or two hits. Okay, maybe three. Not a big difference. As I said, while she is a lovely and talented lady, she is NO Diana Ross.

You obviously missed the whole point of my post.

Well, I was just catching up because I worked very long hours last week and didn't get to read most of the threads. That's the problem with the US, everyone thinks the world revolves around this country. And someone building a career out of one or two hits makes mroe sense when you find out theyv'e had many more elsewhere in the world. And no, Valerie is no Diana Ross. Thank God.

Exactly. I have this liar on "IGNORE", but I can only imagine how much backpeddaling is being done.
    topdiva has doing more back-peddaling than Lance Armstrong and we still ain't buying her excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Hello - good morning - it was a ROUSE - a JOKE - perhaps in bad taste, I admit. But please - enjoy Ross today and chill.
    Easy to say that after you got caught in a big lie topdiva. We all know you told lie after lie about being in the audience at the Diana Ross - Oprah taping, so spare us from your "joke" excuse which is just another lie. Anyway, time to move on and enjoy this beautiful Friday that the good Lord has blessed us with.

To thine own self be true topdiva.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 02-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.

I thought it was Jennifer Holiday??

Did you guys know that backpedalling does nothing? You keep moving from momentum if you are lucky and of course, there is always "wind" against you.

topdiva1 Guest
    Easy to say that after you got caught in a big lie topdiva. We all know you told lie after lie about being in the audience at the Diana Ross - Oprah taping, so spare us from your "joke" excuse which is just another lie. Anyway, time to move on and enjoy this beautiful Friday that the good Lord has blessed us with.

To thine own self be true topdiva.

Thank you my dear!!!!!!!!!!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    Today's "O" was a great fitting tribute from on Icon to another Icon. Nicely done and beautifully paced.

It was interesting to note that Oprah stated something to the effect that her staff told her that Ms. Ross does not like surprises. Enough said.

All in all Ms. Ross appeared relaxed, refreshed, and unrehearsed.

I have searched [[the O show website) and searched [[litterally everywhere) and asked around about the hour in western Europe I could watch the O show live stream, but no luck. It would be in the middle of the night anyway. Thank you al for the information not given.
    This gives me the opportunity to stay 'not excited', which might contribute to my health.

So, here in Holland, I will go to bed now and let the live O show pass me by, since THIS reunion doesn't interest me. I will survive.
    I have decided to stick to my principle of at least twenty years: no more artist worshipping, no more fainting by the sight of them, not even Motown artists, my time is too precious.

miss_lish Guest
    A beautiful and wonderful program today. This show hit on so many levels. I will point out on only one: two black women coming together demonstrating that all is possible.

Miss Lish was a little miffed, however, that Oprah's name appeared about Miss Ross's on the shows logo; Miss Lish is attempting to recover.