[REMOVE ADS]

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    I still cannot believe Ross said ARNE was her TRUE LOVE.

Even more - that no one has a comment on that - I wonder how Gordy felt.
    I would think Diana Ross would know who the love of her life was. There is nothing to comment on as it is her personal business.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Mary needs to chug away the best she can so when there's a photo op she doesn't need to borrow a car from a friend and park it on a ritzy lawyer street. Sorry, there's just no way to spin this one ~ Mary is not a big enough name for Oprah. But she should keep playing the gigs she can and likes cuz I'm sure she has a blast at it.
    Where you blasted when you posted this.

The Rolls Royce belonged to Mary Wilson - she owned it for years - and called it grace. The House was not hers - but a friends.

So there is no spin here - just facts.

Also Mary Wilson had that Rolls Royce restored - then sold it years later - and now lives in one of the best gated golf course communities outside of Vegas.

I would think a COMMENT like that PROBABLY MADE TRACEE AND CHUDNEY CRINGE a little TOO. It's like saying "Your Daddy was just ok...BUT he wasn't all that..."

We have gated communities in Memphis too. A gated entrance doesn't make these communities exclusive, fancy or safe. IF THE SECURITY GUARD IS NOT DOING HIS JOB, UNDESIRABLES CAN STILL GET IN AND RESIDENTS CAN GIVE THEIR ACCESS CODES TO DRUG DEALERS, murderers, etc.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-27-2011 at 07:13 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I pray you don't worship money ma'am.

Take note of the following from the book of Hebrews. "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you”
    "What money can't buy - I can't use" - song by Diana Ross and written by Berry Gordy.

They never lied.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Roberta... Rob can't keep anything straight in his head. His secretary must be ready to pull her hair out by now. It was Mary's OWN car, but someone else's HOUSE she was interviewed in on Lifestyles of the rich and famous.
    Well if this is true it saddens me. Mary Wilson should be true to herself and not be practicing the sin of deception for a TV show. I will pray for her.

topdiva1 Guest
    Well if this is true it saddens me. Mary Wilson should be true to herself and not be practicing the sin of deception for a TV show. I will pray for her.

Mary certainly does not need you prayers. Do yourself a favor pray for yourself - and stop preaching your blasphemy here.

Mary certainly does not need you prayers. Do yourself a favor pray for yourself - and stop preaching your blasphemy here.
    Everyone needs prayers topdiva. I live in a free country and will spread the word of God wherever I feel it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    We have gated communities in Memphis too. A gated entrance doesn't make these communities exclusive, fancy or safe. IF THE SECURITY GUARD IS NOT DOING HIS JOB, UNDESIRABLES CAN STILL GET IN AND RESIDENTS CAN GIVE THEIR ACCESS CODES TO DRUG DEALERS, murderers, etc.
    Her house is over 7,200 square feet, and backs up to a private golf course [[with atrium and swimming pool 6 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath). I would call that fancy and exclusive. Although personally, I HATE golf, and would much rather have lakeside home [[Definately not beachfront, I don't want roaring in my ears 24/7)

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/mary-wilsons-house/
    Last edited by jillfoster; 02-27-2011 at 07:32 PM.

My parents' home in their exclusive gated community overlooks a man-made lake. A maintenance worker drowned in it.

That's why every person should learn to swim. My house overlooks a natural creek and woods with redbud and dogwood trees, i'm satisfied with my view. I do feel, however, that Mary Wilson's house is far too large in comparison to the size of the lot. It seems the entire subdivision is like that. It's like a huge hotel resting on a postage stamp.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 02-27-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Her house is over 7,200 square feet, and backs up to a private golf course [[with atrium and swimming pool 6 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath). I would call that fancy and exclusive. Although personally, I HATE golf, and would much rather have lakeside home [[Definately not beachfront, I don't want roaring in my ears 24/7)

Would Miss Wilson really want a photo of her home posted in a public forum?

Honey, a simple google search brings a pic of most celebrities' homes. I post pictures of my house on public forums, it's no big deal... as long as you don't give out your phone number.

topdiva1 Guest

Mary has been interviewed on many occasions at her home - and has had photographs taken there and published - so she may not mind.

Honey, a simple google search brings a pic of most celebrities' homes. I post pictures of my house on public forums, it's no big deal... as long as you don't give out your phone number.
    I did not know this jillfoster. Sorry if i offended you.

Roberta.

Oh, I wasn't offended. We had a thread on this subject a couple months ago, before you came on board. Streisand seems to be the only one who has problems with her house being photographed.

Jillfoster

Any tips on how to see where Lou Christie lives?

topdiva1 Guest
    Oh, I wasn't offended. We had a thread on this subject a couple months ago, before you came on board. Streisand seems to be the only one who has problems with her house being photographed.
    Somewhat off topic - but Streisand just published a coffee table picture book about her new home and many of her other houses.

Well, then maybe everyone except Diana, Smokey, and Stevie should just give up and get a job making blizzards at the dairy queen. The last time I saw Mary live... it was in a town of 70,000 people, in a 3,500 seat auditorium, about 90 percent full. That's not bad, especially since it wasn't a major city. Even at your inflated lawyer pay... I bet you'd like to pull in 5,000$ a night like Mary does [[After expenses)
    The President and others in our government feels that she is worthy enough to represent the United States culturally. Her tour of Russia got substantial coverage...........

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I would think a COMMENT like that PROBABLY MADE TRACEE AND CHUDNEY CRINGE a little TOO. It's like saying "Your Daddy was just ok...BUT he wasn't all that..."

I am sure the children did cringe a little - on that statement - it was the one statement that was a surprise. I guess you never really know what a person really thinks - until they tell you - and when they do - I tend to believe them.

Sorry Gordy.

Mary needs to chug away the best she can so when there's a photo op she doesn't need to borrow a car from a friend and park it on a ritzy lawyer street. Sorry, there's just no way to spin this one ~ Mary is not a big enough name for Oprah. But she should keep playing the gigs she can and likes cuz I'm sure she has a blast at it.
    Not a big enough name for Oprah but Mary Wilson can play a two hour concert , solo at the White House for President Clinton? Not big enough for Oprah, but big enough to play a private concert for Pope John Paul II? Yeah, right! Oprah's probably just mad that Mary did the Phil Donahoue Show first instead of hers...........

I pray you don't worship money ma'am.

Take note of the following from the book of Hebrews. "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you”
    I hope you know that this is a music forum and not Bible Study.

She was lying OK? What was she going to say with her sons sitting there? We know the deal. LOL!

The Rolls Royce belonged to Mary Wilson - she owned it for years - and called it grace. The House was not hers - but a friends.

Also Mary Wilson had that Rolls Royce restored - then sold it years later - and now lives in one of the best gated golf course communities outside of Vegas.
    She also use to own that big assed Mercedes stretch limosine that once belonged to John Lennon before she sold it.

You need to pray for yourself because if you were a true believer, you would undoubtedly know that you are damning yourself by using scripture here to invoke an image of yourself. This will be your reward.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hope you know that this is a music forum and not Bible Study.
    I know what I need to know but thank I you for your concern.

Don't even waste your time. We know Mary has it going on. hehehehehe!

You need to pray for yourself because if you were a true believer, you would undoubtedly know that you are damning yourself by using scripture here to invoke an image of yourself. This will be your reward.
    My reward will come from God. I am right with the Lord are you?

Everyone needs prayers topdiva. I live in a free country and will spread the word of God wherever I feel it is needed.
    But Roberta , you are not spreading the word of God. You are agitating. You know this is a music forum.

Jill, there use to be a video on Youtube of Mary at the course. I understand she and Smokey have played too. He lives not far from her. She bought that house right after she moved from here in New York.

I 'll ask her , but I am sure she doesn't mind.

Mary has been interviewed on many occasions at her home - and has had photographs taken there and published - so she may not mind.
    Do you remember the Hancock Park Mansion? Whew....!

I know what I need to know but thank I you for your concern.
    anytime...........

My reward will come from God. I am right with the Lord are you?
    You got the first part right. The second part is highly debatable.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-27-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Somewhat off topic - but Streisand just published a coffee table picture book about her new home and many of her other houses.
    Just read that book. I found the house[[s) SO perfect....they actually got annoying. I guess Bab's took most of the 'perfect' photo's. I love architecture/design, but, this just got to be too much. The house[[s) just didn't feel livable....unless you like living in a museum? It was still a fun read and lots of eye candy. I'm sure it will appeal to many.

This is a music forum. If you feel the need to discuss religion and quote scripture, why not bring it to a religious forum?

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/

The President and others in our government feels that she is worthy enough to represent the United States culturally. Her tour of Russia got substantial coverage...........

I dare not step into this "discussion"... some people never grow up, I'm afraid. Or have early stage of Alzheimer.
    Being black, being gay, being neither, repeating decades old lies about Flo or Mary or even Diana... owing houses, selling cars, etc... ouch! What turmoil has this forum turned into...
    I saw the O show after it was aired... I saw most clips... and - like I suspected - it was as 'telling' as Diana's autobiography [["Sparrow").

Give the people entertainment and bread.. and they will not complain. The ancient Romans already knew that.
    Or should I quote the French queen Marie Antoinette, who, when told about the uproar among the people of Paris, said: "Let them eat cake"?

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    This is a music forum. If you feel the need to discuss religion and quote scripture, why not bring it to a religious forum?

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/

And I thank you - as I also agree with you.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Just read that book. I found the house[[s) SO perfect....they actually got annoying. I guess Bab's took most of the 'perfect' photo's. I love architecture/design, but, this just got to be too much. The house[[s) just didn't feel livable....unless you like living in a museum? It was still a fun read and lots of eye candy. I'm sure it will appeal to many.
    I think I will run out and get it - I do not mind perfection in a home, or a man! LOL

I 'll ask her , but I am sure she doesn't mind.
    You know Mary Wilson marv2? That is so awesome.

You got the first part right. The second part is highly debatable.
    Well it's never to late to get right with the Lord marv2.

I think I will run out and get it - I do not mind perfection in a home, or a man! LOL
    I actually just got a copy from the library as I'd rather put my pennies towards music at the moment. I admire Ms. Streisand's knowledge of specific architecture, furniture, glass/pottery,paintings, etc. She certainly is the 'perfectionist' and was so meticulous about the building of these homes and decorating. Let me know how you like the book.

miss_lish Guest
    And I thank you - as I also agree with you.

Hee-hee! Have you ever seen a more useless use of keystrokes?

miss_lish Guest
    You know Mary Wilson marv2? That is so awesome.

Marv2 may know Mary, but she doesn't know him; neither does Parnell.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Uh, Mary who?

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I actually just got a copy from the library as I'd rather put my pennies towards music at the moment. I admire Ms. Streisand's knowledge of specific architecture, furniture, glass/pottery,paintings, etc. She certainly is the 'perfectionist' and was so meticulous about the building of these homes and decorating. Let me know how you like the book.
    I would have liked more pictures - and found the text long and labor some - and the houses over done in a very dated style - I liked her art deco over the top period better.

Still an interesting view of a very private perfectionist of a grand diva.

Amazon [[Movers & Shakers):

#7 - #1s - Diana Ross & The Supremes

#11 - Ultimate Collection - D.Ross/Supremes

#14 - Greatest Hits [[1981)

#18 - Lady Sings the Blues

#46- One Woman

#47 - The Wiz

#53 - The Millennium Collection-D.Ross/Supremes

#65 - Diana & Marvin

#72 - Forever, Diana

#79 - The Boss

#87 - Gold -Diana Ross & The Supremes

iTunes:

#16 - #1s- Diana Ross and the Supremes

#71- Greatest Hits [[1981)

#140 - Ultimate Collection - D.Ross/Supremes

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lish View Post
    Who's Parnell miss_lish?

topdiva1 Guest
    Who's Parnell miss_lish?
    Parnell sings background for Mary and has done so beautifully for many years.

Parnell sings background for Mary and has done so beautifully for many years.
    Thank you.

Roberta.