[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    For instance, you list "One Way Out", but it's already been documented in the Supremes A Go Go expanded booklet that the Supremes' vocals were erased and replaced with that of Martha and the Vandellas.
    This still boggles my mind. How could HDH erase their vocals without doing at least a rough mix? Even on an acetate. I highly doubt they sounded bad. Norman Whitfield did a mono mix of "The Nitty Gritty" before dubbing them over with Gladys Knight and the Pips. Other songs that come to mind include Marvin's "Dancing In The Street" and the Marvelettes' "Tear It On Down," both erased and lost to time because they weren't mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    This still boggles my mind. How could HDH erase their vocals without doing at least a rough mix? Even on an acetate. I highly doubt they sounded bad. Norman Whitfield did a mono mix of "The Nitty Gritty" before dubbing them over with Gladys Knight and the Pips. Other songs that come to mind include Marvin's "Dancing In The Street" and the Marvelettes' "Tear It On Down," both erased and lost to time because they weren't mixed.
    I don't understand the thought behind erasing vocals either. I'd love some insight into it.