[REMOVE ADS]

Love Will Find A Way

Possibly Lionel's best R&B/soul ballad of his solo career [[besides Love Will Conquer All and Don't Wanna Lose You from his post-Motown tenure at Mercury).

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

Possibly Lionel's best R&B/soul ballad of his solo career [[besides Love Will Conquer All and Don't Wanna Lose You from his post-Motown tenure at Mercury).
    I agree with you. This is probably his finest ever solo song. It could have been a huge hit in its own right had the parent album not included so many sure fire hits.

Love it. That album from top to bottom was fantastic. Gets a lot of play from me.

One of Lionel's finest compositions and recordings. Love the message. After Whitney Houston's passing I found this clip of her singing it. She wears it out. I LOVE this performance. I wish she had recorded the song -- in the 80s way back when her exuberance and optimism was at its peak.

https://youtu.be/UI4S6xnb5sw

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    One of Lionel's finest compositions and recordings. Love the message. After Whitney Houston's passing I found this clip of her singing it. She wears it out. I LOVE this performance. I wish she had recorded the song -- in the 80s way back when her exuberance and optimism was at its peak.
    Love Whitney, but I'm not crazy about her version. But I loved watching the video. Always good to see 80s Whitney.

Whitney was 22 and hungry... her debut still remains one of the best-selling debut albums by an artist everywhere. No one rode to fame bigger than her at that time since the Jackson 5. Only other artist I see come close to how she debuted was Mariah Carey.

I would have loved to have heard a studio version of this too. Whitney had the whole world at her feet in the 80's, yet sadly it was not enough. What a sad waste of a great talent.

Fantastic find, Guy! Thanks!