[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes FAREWELL UK

We know the Supremes [[MSS) played their last show June 12, 1977 in London.

Does anyone know their last date in the US?

I think the last tv appearance was the Mike Douglas show doing Let Yourself Go and You Are The Heart of Me

I think the last live performance was Madison Square Garden

both were March 77. then they did a pretty extensive European tour during the spring, ending in London for June 12

Their last show in the US was the Oldies Show at MSG ? Wow, what a sad way to go. I had tickets for that but did not go because of a mishap. I should have saved the tickets. But I am glad that I did not make the show. I would not have enjoyed seeing the group boooed.

And if their last tv appearance was Mike Douglas , that was also a little sad. It came off more as the debut of Mary with Sherrie and Susaye in silouette shadows.

A sad ending to a great group and then it seems that just a month or so later, fans heard that Cindy, Mary and Debbie were performing as Supremes. We could make no sense of that because we were waiting for a new member to join Sherrie and Susaye as a Supreme , and Mary to out on her solo career

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Their last show in the US was the Oldies Show at MSG ? Wow, what a sad way to go. I had tickets for that but did not go because of a mishap. I should have saved the tickets. But I am glad that I did not make the show. I would not have enjoyed seeing the group boooed.

And if their last tv appearance was Mike Douglas , that was also a little sad. It came off more as the debut of Mary with Sherrie and Susaye in silouette shadows.

A sad ending to a great group and then it seems that just a month or so later, fans heard that Cindy, Mary and Debbie were performing as Supremes. We could make no sense of that because we were waiting for a new member to join Sherrie and Susaye as a Supreme , and Mary to out on her solo career
    Although I don't think that was their last show in the U.S., we told them not to do it. Oh well.....LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

The South American tour was explained completely. Regarding Mary's replacement, there were fan polls done, there were quite a number of singers mentioned in the media beginning around April and on into the summer of 1977. Gail Bullock, Karen Knox, Alton McClain are just a few of the names that were mentioned.