[REMOVE ADS]

Lionel Richie on leaving the Commodores: "it was very painful"

http://www.oprah.com/own-master-clas...mmodores-video

He talked about the breakup briefly in his Behind the Music special but he goes more in depth here. Clearly he was something that didn't seem to have a big ego about himself but the industry pushed him away from his "family".

Um, look he is lying! Really Lionel? Really? Is that why he refused to even take calls from William King and Walter Orange prior to the "break up"? GTFO of here! LOL! These people kill me. Just can't tell the truth to save their lives or careers.

Oh poor Lionel was so "hurt" that he had to break up with his group that he absolutely refused to appear live onstage for Motown 25 [[even though he could have performed as a solo), because the Commodores were not only going to be in the same building, they were also invited to perform onstage as a part of the show!

Lionel opted to tape a segment with a little girl afflicted by Sickle Cell Anemia making himself look like a saint! You might recall that the proceeds from the the show were to go to Sickle Cell Anemia research. That was until Miss Suzanne DePasse found out how popular the show became with the public upon which she decided to release it commercially on VHS! She thought she would get completely away with it because he told ALL of the artists that appeared that the show was for charity and they gladly signed their releases. Just over 2 years later she pulled a fast one and put the video of the show on the market! Nice lady huh?

Marv..I think read they dont particularly want to do a reunion with him. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Marv..I think read they dont particularly want to do a reunion with him. Is that correct?
    Not now. Not ever! The way he treated them towards the end and all the years afterwards they will never reunite with him. Do you know he purposely started writing songs [["Still", "Three Times A Lady" etc) where they would appear as solo pieces leaving the rest of the band with ZERO to do? There are clips of them performing the later "Commodores" songs with Lionel sitting at a piano singing and playing while the rest of them are just standing around pretending to play instruments that are not even heard on the song! He did this on purpose on his way to kissing Kenny Rogers ass!

Do you know that a few years ago, Lionel Richie did hold a "Commodores Reunion" with himself, Ron LaPread and one other from the original group. It was awful, but now he can at least say he tried to present a reunion. Sound familiar?

I wonder if there ever will be a unreleased Commodores. Prior to Lionel going solo there has to be a lot of material we have yet to hear.

Check this out. This is from 11 years ago:

He is such a smooth liar. He never once let's on that he did what he did in terms of writing those songs intentionally to cut them out!

Here was Lionel Richie's version of a "Commodores Reunion" from the 2009 Essence Festival he was joined onstage for two songs by Thomas McClary and Ronald LaPread who came all the way from New Zealand for this crap!

Check this out. Look closely now.......hehehehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I wonder if there ever will be a unreleased Commodores. Prior to Lionel going solo there has to be a lot of material we have yet to hear.
    I'm sure Motown has them in the vaults... unless Lionel's contract called for the return of his masters with them?

8 out 12 postings from the usual suspect calling Mr Lionel Ritchie a Liar and managing to trash Suzanne De Passé as well. Like marv2 was there or involved in all the calls about Motown25 and listening in on every conversation with the Commodores. Theres no stopping this ones obsession of trashin the characters of former Motown stars he dont like. SMH

^ Just think of it as a fly on your hand and try to swat it away, Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ Just think of it as a fly on your hand and try to swat it away, Roberta.
    I think it gets a ton of swats in this here forum. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I think it gets a ton of swats in this here forum. LOL
    So much you need to call bug or pest control lol