[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations You're My Everything

Who plays what insturment begining the Temptations You're My Everything?

Presumably... Jamerson on bass, with Robert White doubling on guitar. But it could be Joe Messina or Eddie Willis. However White was usual the turn-to guy for something like that.

I thought it was Cornelias Grant. Just seem to remember that name on this tune..PROBABLY WRONG, but...just cant shake that name...Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    I thought it was Cornelias Grant. Just seem to remember that name on this tune..PROBABLY WRONG, but...just cant shake that name...Paulo xxx
    paulo... Your memory is good. Here is a quote from Cornelius Grant's website: "During Grant's two decade tenure with the Tempts, his arranging skills heightened and his prowess as a songwriter grew. Partnering with childhood friend Roger Penzabene, he wrote the million seller "You’re My Everything." Another composition "[[I Know) I’m Losin' You." featured the honey sandpaper voice of the brilliant David Ruffin. Both songs have intros that feature Grant's guitar licks.

The guitar intro sounds to me like Robert White's style and sound. He used a Gibson L5 Archtop and that intro sounds like it is played on a Gibson L5. However it appears that there is another guitar playing along with Robert.... almost like an octave thing like Eddie and Robert did on "Keep Me Hanging On" Most likely the other guitar is Cornelius Grant, who supposedly used a Fender Telecaster like Joe Messina. You can hear Cornelius Grant's Tele on the intro to "I'm Losin' You" very prominently. There is also another guitar playing backbeats through out "You're My Everything", Could be Cornelius Grant or Joe Messina, since Joe usually played the backbeats most of the time.
    Last edited by seans; 02-08-2011 at 11:21 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seans View Post
    The guitar intro sounds to me like Robert White's style and sound. He used a Gibson L5 Archtop and that intro sounds like it is played on a Gibson L5. However it appears that there is another guitar playing along with Robert.... almost like an octave thing like Eddie and Robert did on "Keep Me Hanging On" Most likely the other guitar is Cornelius Grant, who supposedly used a Fender Telecaster like Joe Messina. You can hear Cornelius Grant's Tele on the intro to "I'm Losin' You" very prominently. There is also another guitar playing backbeats through out "You're My Everything", Could be Cornelius Grant or Joe Messina, since Joe usually played the backbeats most of the time.

Great and informative observations - on point.

Thanks for the very informative thoughts you guys..Will we ever know? Paulo xxx