[REMOVE ADS]

West Grand Blog - "The 'Ghost' Of Taylor's Past"

Last edited by Motown Eddie; 03-31-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I didn't know Dean co-wrote Four Tops’ “I’ll Turn To Stone.”

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I didn't know Dean co-wrote Four Tops’ “I’ll Turn To Stone.”
    I knew that R. Dean Taylor co-wrote The Tops' "I'll Turn To Stone" with Holland-Dozier-Holland. What I didn't know was that he has co-written other songs with H-D-H that he didn't receive credit for [[I'd love to know which ones they are).

In a post-Motown interview with Blues & Soul, Dean mentioned "Standing In The Shadows Of Love" and "Bernadette" as songs he was involved with, as well as "I'll Turn To Stone," "I'm In A Different World," "All I Need" and "Love Child."

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton Miller View Post
    In a post-Motown interview with Blues & Soul, Dean mentioned "Standing In The Shadows Of Love" and "Bernadette" as songs he was involved with, as well as "I'll Turn To Stone," "I'm In A Different World," "All I Need" and "Love Child."
    Thanks for the info Clifton. Didn't know that Taylor was involved with "Standing In The Shadows Of Love" & "Bernadette" [[and there may be more songs that he didn't get credit for that he didn't mention in that interview with Blues & Soul).

I'm not surprised. Bernadette sounds like something he would've wrote lol